PDA

View Full Version : GM ill, need one shot. Please help!

CheshireCatAW
2011-07-26, 05:40 PM
Hello,

In about 2 hours I need to have a one shot ready for my group. Our DM fell ill and thought that, just now, he should contact for a patchwork replacement.

Luckily I do have some cash on hand and am a quick reader, so what I need is help choosing a one-shot adventure.

We run Pathfinder, Dark Heresy and Star Wars: Saga Edition primarily.

If anyone has a recommendation for tonight, I would be glad to hear it!

Thank you again.

Lord Bingo
2011-07-26, 05:58 PM
Go slay a Dragon of an appropriate size: CR = average party level + 2.

The dragon will live in a cave accessible by a narrow path which will require some climbing as well as subject the heroes to the elements. On their way to fight the dragon they will encounter some of its minions (who are in general little more than slaves, but who none the less fights the heroes because they imagine the dragon will be worse).
Once they get to the lair they will find that it is heavily trapped, and as the dragon have probably been forewarned the odds will be stacked against them.

noparlpf
2011-07-26, 06:50 PM
Go slay a Dragon of an appropriate size: CR = average party level + 2.

The dragon will live in a cave accessible by a narrow path which will require some climbing as well as subject the heroes to the elements. On their way to fight the dragon they will encounter some of its minions (who are in general little more than slaves, but who none the less fights the heroes because they imagine the dragon will be worse).
Once they get to the lair they will find that it is heavily trapped, and as the dragon have probably been forewarned the odds will be stacked against them.

The DM for my group usually puts us against dragons with CR = party level +4.

HyperionWolf
2011-07-26, 08:51 PM
You cant go wrong with a nice Cultist Dungeon.

Make a 5 or 6-room dungeon, with a strong "Ruin" theme.

An Entrance Hall, with a couple guards

a Main Hall, with the core of the Cultists.

A couple chambers, with the more powerfull cultists and their lackeys

Bad Evil casting place, with the Leader and a few demons/devils/Undead/Another Evil thing. If too easy, you can make them spawn periodically in the battle, to aid the spellcaster.

Of course, you can change themes. Maybe a Lizardfolk temple, with an Druid at the "Casting place", spawning Elementals. Who knows.:smallconfused: