PDA

View Full Version : No search?

Popertop
2011-07-26, 10:24 PM
I can't search the forum.

It just gets stuck on the process page.

I was wondering if there are other people experiencing this?

My connection is fine, don't know of anything else that might be the problem.

Rockphed
2011-07-26, 10:26 PM
Just tried searching for "bananas". Seems to work just fine.

What did you search for? Are you using the quick search in the bar at the top of the page, or are you trying to use advanced search?

Edit: just tried advanced search with default options for "cheese". No problems.

Popertop
2011-07-26, 10:43 PM
nope, still stuck.

not an issue now, I found the thread I was looking for another way, but still it's a little disconcerting that I can't search.

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-26, 11:04 PM
Same Problem here.
:smallfrown:

Rae Artemi
2011-07-26, 11:30 PM
I can search just fine as well. Maybe it's your avatars? :smalltongue:

Seerow
2011-07-26, 11:34 PM
Working fine for me too, I'm going with the avatar theory for now.

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-26, 11:38 PM
Actually, I just searched, and it worked.
Wow, maybe It was just a cookie that got messed up.
(Not the food but the data.)
I just switched to this avatar and now searching works for me.
There goes the avatar theory, and my presence here.

Circle of Life
2011-07-26, 11:46 PM
The search feature has been situationally buggy for me for the past few days as well. Sometimes I'll try to search for something that I know I've searched for before, and it'll hang up for about a minute before giving me an error screen. I can enter a different string of text and it'll go through, but if I try the other one again within the hour, it still freezes up. Wait until the next day, and it searches fine.

The mysteries of life.

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-26, 11:52 PM
The search feature has been situationally buggy for me for the past few days as well. Sometimes I'll try to search for something that I know I've searched for before, and it'll hang up for about a minute before giving me an error screen. I can enter a different string of text and it'll go through, but if I try the other one again within the hour, it still freezes up. Wait until the next day, and it searches fine.

The mysteries of life.

Exactly what happens to me!

Popertop
2011-07-27, 12:50 AM
It's the universe trying to prevent me from exploring forbidden magics.

Dogmantra
2011-07-27, 06:59 AM
I've found the search function often doesn't work properly on this site. I just use google and prefix my searches with site:www.giantitp.com/forums

It also helps take a strain off the server.

Mad Mask
2011-07-27, 09:46 AM
I think the strain might not be all that significant, since the delay between two searches decreased from 300 seconds a few years ago to just 30 seconds now. And if it consumed too many resources, I doubt the feature would remain. :smallconfused:

Ahem:

[...] we do not discuss bananas publicly.

:smalltongue:

Rockphed
2011-07-27, 03:29 PM
Ahem:

[...] we do not discuss bananas publicly.
:smalltongue:

Which leads me to believe that Roland is significantly less ubiquitous than he seems. There were several results for the curved yellow fruit.

Roland St. Jude
2011-07-27, 06:09 PM
Which leads me to believe that Roland is significantly less ubiquitous than he seems. There were several results for the curved yellow fruit.And not a one of them is an official statement regarding bananas.

I am, distressingly for all involved, even more ubiquitous than I seem.

HalfDragonCube
2011-07-27, 06:38 PM
And not a one of them is an official statement regarding bananas.

I am, distressingly for all involved, even more ubiquitous than I seem.

Seriously?

*Checks*

:smalleek:

Zeb The Troll
2011-07-28, 02:33 AM
After much searching, I have unearthed Roland's alter ego (http://basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2011/7/6/how-to-write-a-superhero-story-rerun.html)...