PDA

View Full Version : FIRE MAIDEN (M&M 2ed, IC)

Lost Demiurge
2011-07-27, 09:24 AM
The warehouse is falling to bits, deep, dark, and disturbing. An old fence surrounds the property, and beyond it the ruins of a factory complex surround it on two sides.

The only gate is currently shut, with all sorts of warning signs hanging from it. It's off of a tiny little sidestreet, that heads out from the slums into the outskirts of town.

And that's definitely a dog's collar lying in the middle of the warehouse complex's courtyard.

It's a little hard to see how the old lady walked all this way by herself.

Hotaru remembers...This morning, while sorting through her stack of bills, she found a perfumed envelope in the mail. It smelled overwhelmingly of cinnamon, and contained a terse letter. "Please meet me at 3, in Tinkersdam park. I need your help."

It was easy enough to get to the old park, which was swarming with pigeons and kids. The old lady was in the center, her eyes hidden behind enormous sunglasses, hair bound back in a kerchief. She was tossing breadcrumbs to the kids, and candy to the pigeons. It didn't seem to be working out so well.

She explained that while she was out walking her precious poopsie Wodger last night, she'd heard the beat of large wings above her. While she was looking around for trouble, she'd looked back to see the leash unoccupied, and no sign of Wodger! A distant YIPE, seemed to indicate the worse.

Fortunately, her spirit guide, Joseph Three-Squaws, seemed to think that Hotaru could help. It even knew her by name!
"Please find my Poopsie! Even if he's... he's... gone to doggy heaven, I need to know one way or the other. It would mean ever so much to me, and I can pay you a little!"

She wouldn't take no for an answer, and the description of the attack was preatty vivid. Matched a few other assaults that Hotaru had heard about, off and on over the last few years. A sound of wings, then someone gets snatched...

This is the first time that a dog's been targeted over a person, though.

And so Hotaru made her way out along the Metrocity-Dulseville walking path, to the outskirts of town along the old lady's route...

horngeek
2011-07-27, 04:15 PM
Hotaru frowns, currently in her outfit... Maybe there's something special about the dog?

In any case... let's see if there are any clues.

She starts to take a look around.

Rolling Notice: [roll0]

Lost Demiurge
2011-07-28, 08:13 AM
Hotaru doesn't see any clues out in the open. But the compound has about three buildings still left standing... The big, mostly-ruined warehouse, what looks like a small utility station, and a rectangular garage with several bay doors and loading docks leading into it.