PDA

View Full Version : Full-Round Actions [3.5]

Domriso
2011-07-27, 02:37 PM
Alright, I've scoured every book I could think of, and I haven't found a satisfactory answer yet.

When using a Full-Round Action, is your Swift and Immediate action for that turn also used up? Anyone know where I could find this?

DeAnno
2011-07-27, 02:42 PM
In a normal round, you can perform a standard action and a move action, or you can perform a full-round action. You can also perform one or more free actions. You can always take a move action in place of a standard action.

Standard and move OR full-round implies that you trade your standard and move actions for a full-round action. You still get your five foot step and your Swift or Immediate Action in addition to that.

Big Fau
2011-07-27, 02:48 PM
Alright, I've scoured every book I could think of, and I haven't found a satisfactory answer yet.

When using a Full-Round Action, is your Swift and Immediate action for that turn also used up? Anyone know where I could find this?

They printed the Full Round Action before they even thought up the Swift action, so odds are that you do not use it up.

Cog
2011-07-27, 02:54 PM
More specifically, from the description of the swift action itself:

You can perform one swift action per turn without affecting your ability to perform other actions.

Psyren
2011-07-27, 04:32 PM
In a turn, you get:

1 Move
1 Standard
1 Swift/Immediate
As many Frees as you want (almost)

You can do a full-round action if you haven't used either of the first two. You can do a 5-foot step as long as you haven't used your move action to otherwise move. You can use a Standard to move, but not the reverse. Immediates can be done when it isn't your turn, but they use up your next turn's Swift.

Dragon Star
2011-07-27, 04:35 PM
In a turn, you get:

1 Move
1 Standard
1 Swift/Immediate

You can do a full-round action if you haven't used the first two. You can do a 5-foot step as long as you haven't used a move action to otherwise move. You can use a Standard to move, but not the reverse. Immediates can be done when it isn't your turn, but they use up your next turn's Swift.

This.
/thread.

Bakkan
2011-07-27, 04:48 PM
In a turn, you get:

1 Move
1 Standard
1 Swift/Immediate

You can do a full-round action if you haven't used the first two. You can do a 5-foot step as long as you haven't used a move action by itself. You can use a Standard to move, but not the reverse. Immediates can be done when it isn't your turn, but they use up your next turn's Swift.

You can take a move action and a 5-ft step in the same round if you use your move action for something other than movement, such as drawing a weapon.

Psyren
2011-07-27, 04:53 PM
You can take a move action and a 5-ft step in the same round if you use your move action for something other than movement, such as drawing a weapon.

Thanks, and fixed

dextercorvia
2011-07-27, 07:54 PM
More nitpick. You can only take a 5' step if you don't otherwise move (whether or not you used your move action to do so). This matters with things like Travel Devotion, or just charging.

Psyren
2011-07-27, 09:09 PM
More nitpick. You can only take a 5' step if you don't otherwise move (whether or not you used your move action to do so). This matters with things like Travel Devotion, or just charging.

While true, I consider charging to be a form of "using your move action to move," and Travel Devotion+similar effects are a little beyond the scope of what I was trying to do with that summary, so I'll leave it as-is :smallsmile:

Domriso
2011-07-27, 10:45 PM
Cool. I had figured it was something like that, but the whole "swift and immediate actions coming out after the PHB was published" had me confused.

Many thanks, all.