PDA

View Full Version : Insane Build Ideas

Ksheep
2011-07-27, 04:26 PM
I'll be joining a campaign shortly where the DM basically said no limits. Any WotC book, including Dragon magazines, flaws allowed, etc. The only thing he ISN'T allowing is Gestalt. Here's the info:

Starting at level 21

975,000 starting gold

Divine rank 0

One stat at 18, the others roll 4d6, drop lowest

So... how would YOU go about this? Going for the most insane build possible (other than Pun-Pun, The Wish, or The Word, they were vetoed).

I was thinking of possibly doing a Cancer Mage build working with the Vile Rigidity and Festering Anger loophole, but if anyone has any other ideas for insane character ideas, I'd love to hear them.

EDIT: Just to verify, ToB, Psionics, and Incarnum are allowed.

Keld Denar
2011-07-27, 04:34 PM
AeshKrau Illumian Wizard/Cancer Mage + Arcane Strike.

NI damage from sacrificing your NI spell slots/day and gaining +NId4 bonus damage per swing.

You know, if you want to play the game with a built in IWIN button.

Ksheep
2011-07-27, 04:40 PM
AeshKrau Illumian Wizard/Cancer Mage + Arcane Strike.

NI damage from sacrificing your NI spell slots/day and gaining +NId4 bonus damage per swing.

You know, if you want to play the game with a built in IWIN button.

Thanks for the idea. I already know that a couple other people are making insta-win characters, so might as well join the club. I just don't have my books on me at the moment, making it hard to plan.

Keld Denar
2011-07-27, 04:47 PM
For the lulz of it, you could deliver that NI damage via Whirling Blade, which would allow you to insta-gib fools in a 60' line (120' line with Enlarge Spell, why not, you have the spell slots to do it!)

Isn't there a salient divine ability available at DR0 that allows you to autohit? With NI damage, you don't even need to confirm crits, things just fall down.

aquaticrna
2011-07-27, 04:51 PM
add sculpt spell for added hilarity!

enderlord99
2011-07-27, 04:53 PM
Pun-pun. :smalltongue:

EDIT: didn't see he was specifically banned. Try the Twice Betrayer of Shar.

Ksheep
2011-07-27, 04:55 PM
Pun-pun. :smalltongue:

Pun-Pun was already vetoed. Besides, he wouldn't be DR0. :smalltongue:

gbprime
2011-07-27, 05:00 PM
Well if you're going with a wizard type anyway, go with a Grey Elf Domain Wizard. Cleric 1 - Elf Domain Wizard 6 - Dweomerkeeper 11 - Ruathar 3

Stock up on the "free feat from visiting X" sites... Court of Theives, Frog God's Than (3 times), Otyugh Hole... Then take those 5 feats, plus your 4 elf weapon proficiencies, plys your ruathar weapon proficiency, and use Embrace the Dark Chaos/Shun the Dark Chaos to turn them in to 10 bonus feats of your choice (even EPIC feats!), all using your Supernatural Transformation so they cost no XP.

Supernatural Transformation is also used on wish to give all your stats a +4 inherent bonus. You'll also want a thought bottle so you can make magic items for 500xp each. Take one of those bonus feats, turn it into the Craft feat you need, turn it back to some other feat once you're done.

Sanctum Spell + Repeat Spell + Arcane Thesis (Mage's Lucubration) equals an unlimited supply of 5th level spells. They recharge after every encounter.

Using Dweomerkeeper's Cloak of Mysteries, an Arcane Thesis spell can be quickened for free...

(Sanctum -1, Invisible, -1, Quickened +2, Empowered 0, Extend 0, Searing 0)

or Maximized and Empowered...

(invisible -1, empowered 0, extend 0, Searing 0, maximized +1)

enderlord99
2011-07-27, 05:00 PM
Pun-Pun was already vetoed. Besides, he wouldn't be DR0. :smalltongue:

Did you see my edit? You can must add extra stuff, but starting with the Twice Betrayer is... Really strong.

Ksheep
2011-07-27, 05:02 PM
Did you see my edit? You can must add extra stuff, but starting with the Twice Betrayer is... Really strong.

Yeah, saw the edit right after I posted. Looking into the Twice Betrayer now.

enderlord99
2011-07-27, 05:09 PM
Yeah, saw the edit right after I posted. Looking into the Twice Betrayer now.

He's around the same power as the wish and the word, but wasn't specifically banned from your group.:smallamused:

Xtomjames
2011-07-27, 05:10 PM
I'd say check out my optimized epic level warlock on Dandwiki.com

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Optimized_Epic_Level_Gestalt_Warlock_Artificer_Hel lfire_Warlock

I think you'll find it very nice.

Other possibilities would be a Quickling half-fiend monk gestalted warlock. (quickling half fiend monk on one side, warlock all the way to 20th level on the other) and make sure to take the spellfire wielder feat.

Or, if you find out that he's treating psionics as different from magic (as the variant rules state) you can play a Psion gestalted with a Psi-Warrior and wear an item with an anti-magic field.

Acanous
2011-07-27, 05:16 PM
Things in Epic have rather high saves. I'd go the Shadowcrafter route that has all your shadow spells deal MORE damage when the target saves. but that's more cheeky fun than optimized "I win" buttons.