PDA

View Full Version : Need Swordsage Help

Hawkflight
2011-07-27, 05:38 PM
Hello everyone. I need help with a gestalt swordsage//factotum. I'm using he unarmed swordsage, but I find myself with a dilemma. I hate, hate, HATE Discipline Focus. It's so bloody annoying remembering what effects apply to what, and writing it on my sheet doesn't help in the slightest. It has to be swordsage or swordsage-like, due to my character's history. I asked to use a homebrew I made, in which I replaced it with Flurry of Blows, Fast Movement (up to +40 at level 18), and Martial Training (an ability that lets me count as a size larger for things like trip and disarm), but my DM thought Flurry of Blows was a bit too powerful, considering the tradeoff.

So, I need something to replace Discipline Focus with, or another Swordsage-like class to use that doesn't involve so much bookkeeping. Can y'all help me out? >_<

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-07-27, 09:31 PM
I know this is not entirely the advice you are looking for, but have you considered maybe focusing more on Warblade rather than Swordsage? It meshes extremely well with Factotum. It would also allow you to focus entirely on INT rather than having to worry about your WIS score, too.

Here is the presented Factotum of War by CantripN. These are overall solid ideas: steal them. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871250/Factotum_of_War):smalltongue:

Hawkflight
2011-07-28, 02:56 AM
I considered that, but I wanted to be a Swordsage for character background reasons.

Cofniben
2011-07-28, 04:12 AM
Well here is an idea, why not just take an index card and write down what your Discipline Focus does. Depending on the level, you could even have one for each different discipline you have for them. I don't know how you play, but when I use the Bo9S I use index cards in order to keep track of what maneuvers I have used or haven't used. Adding one more to these may not be too bad. Just remember to keep it simple
ex.
Weapon Focus - +1 to attack with Shadowhand Weapons
Insightful Strike - Add Wis Mod to damage with Diamond Mind Strikes