PDA

View Full Version : Avatar help

Cornelius Grim
2011-07-27, 05:50 PM
So I made an OOTS avatar, but once I finished, I looked at the picture as a PNG. It wasn't right at all. The Avatar itself was fine, but the picture was huge because 3/4 of the PNG was just blank space. Does anybody know how to fix that? If so, please provide moderately detailed instructions on how to do so. Your help is very much appreciated. :smallsmile:

Edit: I can't believe I didn't mention this before... I am using Inkscape to make it. Sorry about forgetting to mention that.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-07-27, 06:07 PM
So I made an OOTS avatar, but once I finished, I looked at the picture as a PNG. It wasn't right at all. The Avatar itself was fine, but the picture was huge because 3/4 of the PNG was just blank space. Does anybody know how to fix that? If so, please provide moderately detailed instructions on how to do so. Your help is very much appreciated. :smallsmile:

Sounds like you exported the entire page as an image.

Select what you want in the avatar, click export and make sure the tab at the top says export selection.

Then, export it and you should end up with just the avatar.

Cornelius Grim
2011-07-27, 06:30 PM
Sounds like you exported the entire page as an image.

Select what you want in the avatar, click export and make sure the tab at the top says export selection.

Then, export it and you should end up with just the avatar.

I tried this, but unfortunately when I attempted to put it in my signature, it was giant-sized. Thanks for the help anyway though. :smallsmile:

wxdruid
2011-07-27, 06:43 PM
After you select just the image, and click on export, change the buttons at the top from Selection to Custom, then set the size you want on the Width or the Height, not both. Setting one to the desired size will automatically reset the other one. Then browse, save and export. Now it should be the right size when you download it to a photobucket account or similar picture posting account.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-07-27, 06:55 PM
Another thing you could do is resize the canvas to the size you want the image, then scale down the image to fit the canvas and export the page/selection/custom.

John Cribati
2011-07-27, 07:01 PM
What I do is make a 120x120 box (make a rectangle, select it, press Ctrl+Shift+M, Select the "Scale" tab, click the little bar that says % and change it to px, then enter 120 for Width and Height. Make sure "Scale Proportionally is NOT checked). Then I shrink down what needs to be shrunk and put it in the box. I select the box, make it invisible (click the little X near the color swatches, hold Shift, and click it again), and export it.

Cornelius Grim
2011-07-27, 07:15 PM
Another thing you could do is resize the canvas to the size you want the image, then scale down the image to fit the canvas and export the page/selection/custom.
This fixed it. Thank you so much for your help.

What I do is make a 120x120 box (make a rectangle, select it, press Ctrl+Shift+M, Select the "Scale" tab, click the little bar that says % and change it to px, then enter 120 for Width and Height. Make sure "Scale Proportionally is NOT checked). Then I shrink down what needs to be shrunk and put it in the box. I select the box, make it invisible (click the little X near the color swatches, hold Shift, and click it again), and export it.

Thank you, and everyone else (i.e. the other two people) who helped. You guys have made my life easier for when I make more avatars. Thank you! :smallbiggrin: