PDA

View Full Version : Otakon 2011 - Convention of the Otaku Generation

Alaris
2011-07-27, 07:17 PM
So.. Otakon 2011... the biggest Anime convention of the East Coast of the united states. It takes place at the Baltimore Convention Center in Maryland.

I'm wondering if there are any playgrounders heading out there to join in the fun. Do any of you plan to Cosplay? And as what, if anything? Any particular animes you're interested in?

I'm definitely going, and have a group of 5+ that's going with me. Sadly, none of them are cosplaying, and it makes me sad. I plan to cosplay next year though... but it's a secret. ^_^

For those of you NOT going, let me show you what you're missing in Otakon. Perhaps it could entice you to manage to go next year. Because it. Is. Frickin'. EPIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQKbolMVLwk

Feel free to post your con experiences, and even post here DURING the Con. I'll try to make a post each day, perhaps post some pictures of Con-Goers I saw while I was there.

Can't make any guarantees.

Zeb The Troll
2011-07-28, 04:25 AM
When does this happen?

Mauve Shirt
2011-07-28, 06:50 AM
Today, and the rest of the weekend. Friends have gone every year since I moved here 10 years ago, but I've never been interested/had time to go. The best thing about Otakon this year is it's bringing friends out of the woodwork that I haven't seen in an age and a half, so I'll hang out with some of them tonight.
The con itself is too expensive, too crowded and too cosplay-y for me. Have fun, I look forward to hearing how it goes. :smallsmile: