PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Minor Creation Shenanigans

Onaicul
2011-07-27, 11:01 PM
So I'm about to start a campaign as a Shaper, and I've been trying to think of some tricks to use with minor creation. So far I've found the woods from the Eberron campaign setting to use as materials, and I've decided I'm going to make basically a mobile shelter that can give me cover. For what it's worth, the character is a blue, so small, and level 3, so I have 3 cubic feet to work with right now.

Does anybody else have any examples of cool stuff they did with minor creation? Any ideas?

faceroll
2011-07-27, 11:01 PM
Black Lotus Poison.

Redshirt Army
2011-07-27, 11:19 PM
Yeah, you can make 996 doses of Black Lotus Extract per ML.

faceroll
2011-07-28, 01:22 AM
Yeah, you can make 996 doses of Black Lotus Extract per ML.

Where'd you get the math for that? I've been wondering what a cubic foot of the stuff weighs.

Zaq
2011-07-28, 01:25 AM
Do recall that you have to make a Craft check, and while you can get the DC 35 it takes to make BLE if you're optimizing for it, you're not just going to get barrels of the stuff out of the box. Not without a little effort, at least. (Of course, plenty of other poisons have much more reasonable craft DCs . . .)

NNescio
2011-07-28, 01:32 AM
Where'd you get the math for that? I've been wondering what a cubic foot of the stuff weighs.

Poisons usually weigh one ounce per dose. Assume Black Lotus Extract has a specific gravity ('density') similar to water.

Mind you, it's probably less, since most organic solvents (the ones commonly used for extracts, at least) and aqueous 'poisons' tend to be less dense than water. (They usually hover around 0.6~0.8 g·cm-3)

Edit: @OP: Here's (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19538926/Minor_Creation_and_You_a_Small_Guide) the grand list of Minor Creation (ab)uses.

Onaicul
2011-07-28, 11:51 AM
Edit: @OP: Here's the grand list of Minor Creation (ab)uses.

I did see that - it's got some great ideas. But my big problem with the poisons is making the craft check, plus not poisoning yourself. Thanks though!

Psyren
2011-07-28, 12:07 PM
I did see that - it's got some great ideas. But my big problem with the poisons is making the craft check, plus not poisoning yourself. Thanks though!

Be a Warforged - they make phenomenal shapers anyway.