PDA

View Full Version : paladin 3.5 charger/smite best item slots

dhusarra
2011-07-28, 04:56 AM
hello guys.again i want your advice :) i need best possible items for paladin charger/smite step by step

head (headband,hat,helmet or phylactery)

eyes (eye lenses or goggles)

neck (amulet,brooch,medallion,periapt, or scarab)

shoulders (cloak,cape, or mantle)

ring #1

ring #1

hands (gloves or gauntlets)

arms/wrists (bracers or bracelets)

body (suit of armor)

torso (vest,vestment, or shirt)

waist (belt or girdle)

feet (boots)

i have all the books available from wizards 3.5
thanx again for your time :)

must have and some items maybe for high jump :)

Person_Man
2011-07-28, 07:25 AM
Smite Optimization Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185859)

My item suggestions:

Manyfang Dagger: Deals quadruple damage on each hit, or quintuple on a critical hit. Bonus dice of damage (like Sneak Attack) are never multiplied, and Power Attack can’t be applied to light weapons. But it works VERY well with Smite (and Craven). 32,302 gp, Serpent Kingdoms pg 152.

Mighty Smiting: +1 magical melee weapon enhancement that gives you a +2 bonus to hit and damage when you Smite, and one extra use of Smite per day. The cost of multiple copies would is too high for a low to mid level campaign, but in a high level campaign there's no reason you couldn't have 3-4 of these and swap them out as needed, especially if you're just using Smite as a back door for Inspire Courage via From Smite to Song. Magic Item Compendium.

Spell Storing: +1 magical melee weapon enhancement that allows you to store any spell of 3rd level or lower, and release it on a successful hit. Works particularly well with the to-hit bonus from Smite, basically ensuring that a specific spell will be delivered. DMG.

Wands: It’s worth reiterating that a single level of a caster class allows you to use any spell trigger item for that class without a UMD check, including Wands. Also, any Cha based class can invest in UMD cross class and hit the DC needed to activate a wand by mid levels. Paladin’s actually get some great spells, especially in the splat books. And you can store a wand in your weapon (so you don't have to spend an action to draw it) with a Wand Chamber (Dungeonscape pg 34).