PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a feat...

Chaosblade
2011-07-28, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know of any feats that allow one to fire, say, a pair of pistols at different targets? I have an eight-armed Gunslinger, able to put a couple dozen shots down range in a full action. However, I'm looking for a way to fire shots at different targets, instead of just one. Any suggestions? They don't have to be specific to firearms, but if I can do it without asking the GM to allow a retooled Manyshot, it'd be nice.

Diarmuid
2011-07-28, 01:04 PM
I dont see any reason why you would need a feat to fire at multiple targets.

A dagger thrower (with less than +6 BAB) using Rapid Shot and TWF could throw 3 daggers at 3 different targets.

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-28, 01:07 PM
Greater Manyshot [General]

You are skilled at firing many arrows at once, even at different opponents.
Prerequisites

Dex 17, Manyshot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, base attack bonus +6.
Benefit

When you use the Manyshot feat, you can fire each arrow at a different target instead of firing all of them at the same target. You make a separate attack roll for each arrow, regardless of whether you fire them at separate targets or the same target. Your precision-based damage applies to each arrow fired, and, if you score a critical hit with more than one of the arrows, each critical hit deals critical damage.
Special

A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

There you go.

Chaosblade
2011-07-28, 01:09 PM
So, you don't have to attack the same target if you fire ranged weapons with a Full Attack?

Diarmuid
2011-07-28, 01:10 PM
Not that I've ever seen/heard.

Zherog
2011-07-28, 01:12 PM
So, you don't have to attack the same target if you fire ranged weapons with a Full Attack?

No you do not. Just like you don't need to swing your sword at the same target when making a melee full attack.

Telonius
2011-07-28, 01:16 PM
You might be thinking of the limitations of Manyshot. Regular (not Greater) Manyshot requires that all the arrows fired must have the same target.

EDIT: Just to be totally clear, Manyshot is best for when you need to reposition. You can take a move action and fire off a bunch of arrows at one target. You don't have to use Manyshot if you don't want; it's often not in your interest to do so. You could just take a five foot step (at your option) and fire off a regular volley at as many enemies as you like, or get one extra via Rapid Shot for -2 to each. The option you choose has as much to do with where you need to move and with the enemy's AC, as it does with how many arrows you want to fire off.

Chaosblade
2011-07-28, 01:23 PM
Ah, dunno why I didn't see this before, but I just read it in the SRD. Me and my volley of 88 bullets thank you all.

Diarmuid
2011-07-28, 01:43 PM
88 bullets...riiiiiight.

I'm glad we could help you out.

Seerow
2011-07-28, 03:59 PM
Ah, dunno why I didn't see this before, but I just read it in the SRD. Me and my volley of 88 bullets thank you all.

Are they splitting bullets? If not that could be 176.