PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous Mage (Prestige Class For Pathfinder, Help Please!)

Elegonn
2011-07-28, 01:10 PM
I was thinking, for a 15th level pathfinder wizard, doesn't it seem a little stupid to have limited first level spells. I like wands, but on the course of an adventure sometimes you don't have the chance to get the right wand, or have the funds.

Spontaneous Mage

Prerequisites:
Magic - 6th Level Spells
Skills - +12 Spellcraft, Knowledge(Arcana, Nature, or Religion)
Feats - 2 Metamagic, 1 Item Creation
Description
Spontaneous Mages spend hours pouring over their books, or practicing alone. Eventually, the limit of spells per day fades away for low level spells. And certain special spells at higher level, are memorized too.
Level:BAB;F;R;W;Special
1:0;0;0;2; Learn 1&2, Spell Work 3
2:1;1;1;3; Spell Work 3&4
3:1;1;1;3; Learn 3, Spell Work 4
4:2;1;1;4; Learn 4, Spell Work 5
5:2;2;2;4; Spell Work 5&6
Learn X(&Y)
You do not expend a spell when you cast a spell of level X( and Y)
Spell Work X(&Y)
Either increase the spells per day of level X( and Y) by 2, or choose 1 spell of level X( and Y), do not expend spells per day on that(those) spell(s)

ShiningStarling
2011-08-11, 01:10 PM
Firstly, allow me to introduce you to the Table:

table
With this vB code tables can be inserted into the post. Columns are seperated by »|«, every new line is a new row.
Usage {table]value[/table]
Example Usage {table]column 1|column 2|column 3[/table]
Example Output column 1 column 2 column 3
Very useful for making classes.
Secondly, I like the idea, I also thought that it was silly that you could't just fling MM everywhere when you could cast Meteor Swarm if you felt like it, but decided to use MM instead. (*cough* Xykon (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0112.html) *cough*)
Anyway, looks like it makes sense. 'Nuf said. :smallcool: Keep up work like this!