PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Deities and Paladins

Chaosblade
2011-07-28, 02:57 PM
I've a friend who wants to run a Paladin of The Traveler (TN) for Divine Grace. Really, the problem is that she wants to be CN, not CG (using Paladin of Freedom). And the only other option I see is to allow her to use Saint... any suggestions?

Andreaz
2011-07-28, 02:59 PM
Is that a specific prestige class or something? Default D&D doesn't require divine characters to revere any deity. Paladins and clerics don't need any worship.

Chaosblade
2011-07-28, 03:02 PM
Is that a specific prestige class or something? Default D&D doesn't require divine characters to revere any deity. Paladins and clerics don't need any worship.

Yet Paladins still have to be either LG, LE, CG, or CE. Not CN.

Andreaz
2011-07-28, 03:08 PM
Yes. Easiest solution if you want a paladin is to get rid of the alignment restriction altogether.

Replace all "___Evil" to "___X", where "X" is whatever opposes the cause the character champions(be it another alignment of anyone who opposes the ideal of apologizing to chickens before taking their eggs).

noparlpf
2011-07-28, 03:09 PM
I was in the process of homebrewing a neutral paladin as a champion of nature. But I ended up getting sidetracked by some stuff. I might finish it sometime.
link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208954)

kardar233
2011-07-28, 03:11 PM
In Dragon 310 there are rules for alternate paladins of any non-Evil alignment. I haven't looked at them much, but the CN version seems to get Turn/Smite Constructs.