PDA

View Full Version : Making Ardeth Bay

Gorfang113
2011-07-28, 09:21 PM
So im trying to make the character Ardeth Bay from The Mummy and its sequal. He was one of the leaders of the medjai if you dont recognize the name. What should I use for him (like class, weapons, armor, equipment, things like that)? Thanks in advance.

NecroRick
2011-07-29, 02:40 AM
By the 18th Dynasty of the New Kingdom period, the Medjay were an elite paramilitary police force.
No longer did the term refer to an ethnic group and over time the new meaning became synonymous with the policing occupation in general. Being an elite police force, the Medjay were often used to protect valuable areas, especially royal and religious complexes. Though they are most notable for their protection of the royal palaces and tombs in Thebes and the surrounding areas, the Medjay were known to have been used throughout Upper and Lower Egypt. Each regional unit had its own chiefs and captains. The Medjay were also known to have been used as desert scouts during this time period as well.

(emphasis added)

My recommendation is to make a police based prestige class designed for going with the scout.

Maybe refluff scout and add Tracking (desert) and Survival (desert).

Though.... if I recall from the movie:
Didn't they have some kind of arcane spellcasting thing as well as being scimitar waving banditos? Or am I thinking of a different group?

Also add some secret society type powers.

For the policing thing, Eberron has some prestige classes along those lines, but they seemed kind of boring and uninspiring to me. I'd look at them as a starting point.

If you do base them off the scout, of course a 10-foot step becomes "teh awesome" (because of their skirmish thing), so maybe at higher levels in the prestige class add that as a benefit (desert only maybe - but they do also guard tombs and stuff, so maybe add "underground" to that as well).