PDA

View Full Version : [3.75, or 3.P] what should I get my monk

slaydemons
2011-07-28, 10:10 PM
I honestly am um rather bad at shopping for classes I don't know about, so I am asking you guys what should I get my 5th level monk would prefer getting the most out of magical equipment and such

Psyren
2011-07-28, 10:48 PM
Partially-charged wa-

*coughs*

Try here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1015.msg24998#msg24998)

ericgrau
2011-07-28, 11:49 PM
^ Right b/c other builds here don't routinely try things that are 10 times cheesier and no more legal. I think people here just hate the monk.

Let's see you just got your ki pool for extra attacks or an AC boost and maneuver training. But you haven't gotten your 6th level maneuver feat yet. Your budget is in the thousands. Try +1 ring of protection, +1 amulet of natural armor, several potions of mage armor if you don't have a party mage, belt of strength +2, cloak of resistance +1. Maybe cure moderate wounds potions though more creative ways like a potion of invisibility might let you escape better than a measly dozen hitpoints. Heck darkness + blind fight + DC 20 perception checks could be cool in a pinch. Check out the whole level 1-2 potion list (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/potionsAndOils.htm) for anything that applies.

Masterwork monk weapons, probably with different metal types to get around DR: the +1 to hit really helps. Save your unarmed strikes for stunning fists. Consider your level 6 feat and maybe get a tripping or disarming weapon to match.

That's your basic gear. Check out the cheaper wondrous items there are a lot of nifty ones.

marcielle
2011-07-29, 07:41 AM
If you are using hungry ghost variant , a +1 Sweeping Kusarigama is awesome. Punishing Kick>AoO trip>Lol as you get a free trip attack every round as he tries to move closer. This only works when you have the 10 ft Punishing Kick though.

Necklace of Natural Attacks is a must have for monks. You're fists can now be enchanted.
Throwing/Returning is nice. Just say you punch so fast a gust of wind now shoots forth and hits stuff.
Suggesting metalline solely for the reference. Your fists, they are made of STEEL.

I think there was either a graft or a deformity that gets you reach on a natural attack. That would be golden, if you can find it.

Fanged ring. A bit expensive, you might need to save up for it but SO WORTH IT for monks.

Zeikstraal
2011-07-30, 08:51 AM
If you have enough money make Greater Magic Fang +5 permanent. Nice boost to damage and attack. And realy cheap for what it does.

DeMouse
2011-08-02, 08:53 PM
amulet of mighty blows enchanted with the guided weapon property.

Lets you use WIS in place of STR for attack and damage

ericgrau
2011-08-02, 10:49 PM
What book is guided from, all I found was "Pathfinder 10". It seems seriously borked, as in way better than everything else for any monk or cleric at a measly cost of +1.

The amulet is really nice though, PF gave it a price discount and you don't even need a +1 before you can start adding other enchantments. Hello level 6-7 monks with +1d6 damage fists. Probably too expensive at level 5, but it could be the next item he saves up for.

DeMouse
2011-08-04, 02:46 AM
What book is guided from, all I found was "Pathfinder 10". It seems seriously borked, as in way better than everything else for any monk or cleric at a measly cost of +1.

The amulet is really nice though, PF gave it a price discount and you don't even need a +1 before you can start adding other enchantments. Hello level 6-7 monks with +1d6 damage fists. Probably too expensive at level 5, but it could be the next item he saves up for.

Pathfinder 10 is the adventure path "A History of Ashes" which is the 4th chapter out of 6 from the "Curse of the Crimson Throne" Campaign.

nyarlathotep
2011-08-04, 04:07 AM

It's giving monks a slight buff and well not helping the clericzilla problem isn't really the prime offender.