PDA

View Full Version : Dragon in human form

ImperatorK
2011-07-29, 03:47 PM
What ways are there for a wyrmling dragon to assume the shape of a human (child if it matters) in PF?
I'm the DM, so if there's nothing that can be done rules-wise, I will just give the dragon a unique ability or a magic item, but I prefer using pre-existing methods.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-07-29, 03:50 PM
What kind of dragon? Did Pathfinder remove the alternate form abilities of Gold and Silver dragons?

ImperatorK
2011-07-29, 03:54 PM
No, they still have it. And a silver has it as a wyrmling too, so I could just use a silver. But I was thinking more about those dragons that don't have their inborn shapechanging powers.
BTW. Is there a way to make a dragons Change Shape ability at will?

Ravens_cry
2011-07-29, 03:58 PM
An item of, or the ability to cast, Alter Self? In Pathfinder it explicitly (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/alter-self) turns you into a humanoid.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-07-29, 04:00 PM
Well, we already know that some dragons have inherent shapechanging abilities, so it wouldn't necessarily be a huge stretch to give an individual the unique ability to change into a human form; life is all about mutations, after all.

If you want to do it purely within RAW, then you may have to resort to fairly powerful magic (polymorph); you could always make a wyrmling dragon who happens to be a Sorcerer-prodigy.

Edit: Red moon! I just became a barbarian! :smallbiggrin: