PDA

View Full Version : Poison sheath

Aerlock
2011-07-29, 04:45 PM
Ok, I'm sure someone has looked for this before, but my search-fu is weak today. I am in search of a magic sheathe that creates and applies poison as the weapon is drawn. Custom items are fine but an official source would be even more fine.

As for the custom item route, I'm looking at the tables and basing it off of Psionic Minor Creation I'm coming up with a price of about 4,000gp. Is this a good price you think? Or should there be some more money on that due to the craft DC needed to create the poisons?

- Aerlock

Tvtyrant
2011-07-29, 04:47 PM
Sheathe with a poison trap would cover the blade whenever you sheathe it.

BenInHB
2011-07-29, 04:52 PM
What would that cost??

Dragon Star
2011-07-29, 04:56 PM
Not much. Look at the rules for creating traps. I think an auto reset touch trigger CMW trap built into a sword hilt is like 3000 gp.

Darrin
2011-07-29, 07:12 PM
I can't recall anything sheath-related items, but some possible work-arounds:

Gehennan Morghuth Iron (+4000 GP, A&EG p. 12): -1 attack/damage, but metal is naturally poisonous: Fort save DC 12, 1d4 Dex/1d4 Dex. Pathetic DC, but hey, everyone rolls a 1 eventually.

Viper property (+1 enhancement, Serpent Kingdoms p. 152). On command, weapon turns into a viper one size smaller than the wielder, each attack does bite damage and poison appropriate for that particularly-sized viper. No duration or uses/day listed. Hmm... interesting, you never need to apply the poison, so even on a "1" you never poison yourself.

Ring of the Viper (8000 GP, Serpent Kingdoms p. 153): on every unarmed attack, adds +1 damage and poison, Fort save DC 11, 1d6 Con/1d6 Con.

Poison Spike armor property (+1 enhancement, BoVD p. 111): command word extends/retracts spikes, which auto-apply their own poison, Fort save DC 16, 1d3 Str/1d3 Str. No checks to apply, but you'd still risk poisoning yourself on an attack of "1". Oddly enough, you don't pay 50 GP for the armor spikes (they're mundane, so no enhancement bonus), but if you wanted to enchant them further, that'd cost extra. Great bargain for only a +1 enhancement, though.