PDA

View Full Version : AFMBE - Chi-town Adventures

Goblinsplitter
2011-07-29, 08:44 PM
The sun is low in the sky and the dead walk the streets. It was another restless night in the living nightmare that has become your life. The doors to the speak easy are barred and locked. There is no way zombies are getting through that barricade. Over the last few days you have experienced horrors no mortal man should witness. It is now just a struggle to survive and to stay sane. Several bodies in various states of decay lay around the room. There is an awful stench about this place. Trevor, the speak easy's proprietor sits behind the counter with a foul look upon his face. Everything is quiet except for the record player idly playing a song. It seems like a rather ordinary day given the circumstances. Suddenly though, a zombie smashes through a window and jumps upon one of the people sitting by the bar. It starts tearing and ripping at the man's flesh with it's bare hands, the man screams for someone to help him.

Roll initiative and get ready!

Rentok
2011-07-29, 11:43 PM
Seth instinctively reaches for his bat.
[roll0]
Edit: Oh, hey, apparently Fast Reaction time lets me just go first. in which case I don't need the above "filler" post while we roll init.
Stepping forward, his bat in both hands and a grim frown across his face, Seth swings hard at the zombie, intent on braining it before it can do more harm.

(rolls in OOC)

Misaat
2011-07-30, 12:30 AM
Matt Grips his Axe in two hands and takes a swing at the things neck!

I have fast reaction time too so how does this work?

ThirtyThr33
2011-07-30, 01:07 AM
Eve has her small pistol at the ready, but is hesitant to waste ammunition since she doesn't have much left. Eve studies the attacking creature and takes her time lining up the shot. Hopefully someone else will soon take care of this problem and she won't have to fire a single round, but if she does, she is going to make sure it counts.

"Hold still..."

Goblinsplitter
2011-07-30, 03:22 PM
The zombie is still tearing at the man's flesh as he continues to scream when Matt and Seth both strike it. It pounce at Matt but he steps to the side and the thing impales it self through the eye. It twitches for a few seconds violently, then ceases and falls limp. There is relative silence except for the man laying mauled by the creature. Then Trevor exclaims, "What the hell was that?! Let's board up those windows so nothing else can get in." He barks at everyone. The others begrudgingly set about trying to board it. It seems it was too late for such a thing and several more undead come boiling out of the window, falling over each other into a big heap in front of it.

The jumpy zombie rolled 2 1s in a row so it killed itself I decided. Hehe. Anyways, the order is Seth and Matt go, then Eve and then the Zeds. There are four more zombies that are on the ground in front of the window. You guys should roll attacks and what not on this thread in spoilers. Lights camera action!

Misaat
2011-07-30, 05:22 PM
"Trevor . Is there a back entrance or something in this place? "

He says while swinging his axe at the next zombie that tumbles towards him.

Goblinsplitter
2011-07-30, 08:12 PM
You look back to where Trevor was and he is gone. Then you hear a trap door slam shut behind the bar. The zombies are starting to untangle themselves. Better do something fast.

Misaat
2011-07-30, 10:34 PM
"Dammit! Let's get outta here!"

ThirtyThr33
2011-07-31, 02:43 AM
Eve rushes to the wounded mains side and tries to hike him onto her shoulder. If they are going to split she is going to try to bring him with them. As she does so she tries to take in the situation.

First aid check to identify extent of injuries on wounded man
[roll0] (4 Pe, 4 First aid)

and

Occult knowledge check to identify weak points on attacking zombies
[roll1] (4 Pe, 3 Occult knowledge)

Rentok
2011-07-31, 12:42 PM
Seth raises his slightly bloodied bat and looks between the zombies and the other living people, unsure of what to do. "Wait... we're running? But... What about... The people?"

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-04, 07:19 PM
Eve
You get to the man and it is a miracle he is still alive in your opinion. He has numerous cuts, gashes and bite marks covering the upper half of his person. He grabs onto you and says something undecipherable then his eyes glaze over and he lays back down.

Everyone
There is only a handful of others in the room with you. Most of them are already hurriedly making their way to the supposed exit. The group of zombies are now on their feet and starting to slowly seek out your tasty bits. We will start using initiative now. Seth and Matt are up, followed by Eve and then the zombies. The bar is 10 to 15 feet from all of you as well as all of the zombies. You can hop over the bar (with an agility or acrobatics check, whatever it is in AFMBE, I forget atm) or make your around it and try to enter it that way.

ThirtyThr33
2011-08-05, 02:28 AM
Seeing that the man is beyond her help, Eve runs back behind her companions. "He's dead."

Again Eve takes her time to line up a shot at the nearest unengaged intruder.

Aiming bonus
[roll0] (Pe 4, weapon skill 1)

Attack
[roll1] (De 2, weapon skill 1, also need to add success levels from aiming bonus)

Damage
[roll2] x 2

Rentok
2011-08-07, 06:00 PM
Seth grunts and steps forward with his bat held low, and swings it in a mighty uppercut at the nearest zombie.

[rollv]1d10+5[/rollv[ (hand weapon bat 2, dex 3)
[roll0] x4

Misaat
2011-08-08, 07:25 PM
Mate circles around the Bar table as fast as he can and tries to open the trapdoor.

Wait if there is a trap door here... Why didnt they use it BEFORE the Zombies broke in? :smallconfused:

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-11, 04:33 AM
Seth steps up and bashes one of the zombies right alongside the head emitting a satisfying crack, dropping it to the floor twitching. Matt runs behind the counter and try as he might he is unable to open the trapdoor. Eve takes aim at one of the tall dark and dead uglies but just manages to wing it. The zombies lurch forward, one of them clocking Seth.

Seth takes 6 points of damage

ThirtyThr33
2011-08-11, 05:39 AM
Realising they will soon be over-run, Eve takes more desperate steps. While channelling her new found supernatural abilities she commands the zombies to "STOP!".

Eve uses the metaphysics ability The Binding on either the most powerful looking zombie if they are not all identical, or the closest un-engaged zombie if it doesn't matter.

The relevant passages of The Binding are as follows: "This Miracle costs 2 Essence Points per Strength and Willpower of the supernatural creature. The Inspired must win a Resisted Test involving Simple Willpower rolls from both the Inspired and the creature. If the Inspired wins, the creature is bound in place for 1 Turn per Success Level on the Willpower Test; during that time, the creature may not attack or defend itself, and is rooted in place."

My Simple Willpower test:
[roll0]

Edit: As a side note, Essence is regained at a rate of 1 Essence per Willpower each 5 minutes. Even though I failed the test, Goblin will have to tell me how much essence this ability costs me.

Rentok
2011-08-13, 12:56 AM
Seth grunts, and swings his bat hard at the zombie that clocked him.

[roll0]
[roll1] x4

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-16, 05:57 PM
Seth's blow connects again, dropping the zombie to the ground. Eve's new found powers however have no effect on the creatures and they continue their slow advance. Matt is unsuccessful in opening the trapdoor yet again, but with the help of one of the other people in the speak easy they are able to pry it open and they start descending into the basement below.

Rentok
2011-08-18, 10:30 PM
Seth chuckles and twirls his bat with a flourish, before stepping up and swinging at another Zombie. He calls back over his shoulder, "Everything's under control. I'm not about to let a couple of zombies survive."

[roll0]
[roll1]x4

ThirtyThr33
2011-08-19, 02:48 AM
Despite hesitating Eve just can't being herself to leave the man behind knowing that she could have helped him. She runs over to the man and begins dragging him towards the hatch.

"Seth! COME ON! The window is smashed out and God knows how many heard the gunfire and are coming this way!"

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-19, 10:12 PM
Seth's blow misses the zombie and the two of them lunge at him, but Seth sidesteps the both of them. Three more zombies begin to hobble their way towards you all.

Eve is able to drag the man about halfway to the hatch

Rentok
2011-08-20, 03:48 PM
Seth frowns and brings his bat around for another swing.

[roll0]
[roll1]x4

ThirtyThr33
2011-08-23, 02:27 PM
Eve drags the man the rest of the way to the trap door and hands him over to one of the patrons descending. "Take him with you! I have to help Seth. Don't close the hatch without us!"

Eve takes up position behind the bar grabbing a bottle of strong spirits and pulling her match sticks out of her purse.

"Seth, what do you think?" She asks him while holding up the open bottle and a lit match.

Rentok
2011-08-23, 07:59 PM
Seth looks back and grins. "Good idea. Just let me get clear."

ThirtyThr33
2011-08-24, 04:07 AM
While Eve waits for Seth and everyone else to get clear and near the hatch she pours some of the liquor onto a handkerchief from her purse and stuffs it into the neck of the bottle. She lights the Molotov Cocktail and waits to be given the signal.

Molotov Cocktail rules
When ignited and thrown, the container breaks, spreading the flaming liquid in an area three yards in diameter. Molotov cocktails may be thrown at ranges similar to a thrown grenade. Anyone in contact with the flaming liquid
takes D4 points of damage per Turn. Anyone at ground zero when the bomb explodes is engulfed in flames and takes D6 points per Turn. Molotov cocktails use a Strength and Thrown (Sphere) Task.

Andmcmuffin2
2011-08-30, 11:50 AM
It figures, of course. The one time Ben tries to calm down and have a drink, more zombies show up. The next survivor he saves that suggests he should take things a little easier can kindly shove it. Because of people like them, all the heavier guns are back in the truck.
At least he wasn't entirely unprepared. With practiced fluidity, he drew his pistol, briefly aimed, and fired it once at the nearest zombie.
[roll0]
[roll1]x5

ThirtyThr33
2011-08-31, 09:39 PM
Eve lights the Molotov Cocktail and tries to throw it where the zombies are most closely clumped together.

Untrained Throw (Sphere) [roll0]

"Sonofabi..."

Vixer
2016-12-21, 08:15 PM
Hey buds, is it too late for me to get in on this action? I'm an amazing roleplayer for what it's worth.

If it isn't, just gimme the deets on what is being used for communication and the like.