PDA

View Full Version : Gestalting THREE classes

enderlord99
2011-07-29, 11:10 PM
If you could do that, what would your build (roughly) be?

some examples:

Warblade//Factotum//Wizard

(best saves, bab, hd, skills; full casting, full initiator, perfect Int. SAD.)

Rogue//Beguiler//Duskblade

(Cloaked Casting applies to spells, Sneak Attack to attacks. Spell Chanelling lets you combine them.)

Anderlith
2011-07-29, 11:21 PM
Wizard-Artificer-Duskblade. (Warforged)

SlashRunner
2011-07-29, 11:26 PM
Samurai//Truenamer//Monk...

Shadow Lord
2011-07-29, 11:29 PM
Wizard//Warblade//Factotum

There's nothing that guy can't do!

NNescio
2011-07-29, 11:33 PM
Wizard//Psion//Factotum

Action Abuse, Action Abuse, and Action Abuse.

Alternatively:

StP Erudite//Psionic Artificer//Factotum

Tenno Seremel
2011-07-29, 11:40 PM
Psion/Monk for nice immunities I actually want to have/probably something else with many power points, dunno… erudite? (^ ^)

ImperatorK
2011-07-29, 11:40 PM
Warblade//Crusader//Swordsage - martial maneuvers galore. :smallbiggrin:

ScrambledBrains
2011-07-29, 11:45 PM
Warblade//Crusader//Swordsage - martial maneuvers galore. :smallbiggrin:

And MAD out the ass. :biggrin:

NikitaDarkstar
2011-07-29, 11:45 PM
Rogue/Barbarian/Druid

Rogue might get the short end of the stick somewhat, but you still get a wildshaping druid with rage abilities, sneak attacks, biggest HD avalible, improved evasion, uncanny dodge, improved landspeed, damage reduction. Oh and the natural ability to utterly screw people over with magic.

ImperatorK
2011-07-29, 11:47 PM
I like being Mad and maneuvers are good enough (especially in this amount) to ignore other class features.

ScrambledBrains
2011-07-29, 11:48 PM
I like being Mad.

:) Your perogative. :smallsmile: And that's true enough.

Curious
2011-07-29, 11:48 PM
The problem I have with gestalt is that it encourages you to have as many actions as possible to utilize your class features, but the few ways there are to increase action/turn are mostly Int based. I want my Sorceror to have a Factotum side without being MAD, dammit!

Anywhoo:

(PF) (Sage Bloodline) Sorceror//Warblade//Factotum. Race, Human for the extra spell known.

Because I like spontaneous casting better than prepared. Sage bloodline makes my casting stat Int.

Silva Stormrage
2011-07-29, 11:49 PM
Spell To Power Erudite//Psionic Artificer//Wizard/Mage of the Arcane Order

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-07-29, 11:50 PM
Wizard//Archivist//Factotum. Know every spell ever, and cast 10 of them in the first round!

Alternatively, Wizard/Incantatrix//Archivist//Warblade. Persist every buff known to man on yourself, then go to town with insane maneuvers!

Alternatively, if you want to keep it T3 and below, Warblade//Factotum//Beguiler will do the trick.

Big Fau
2011-07-29, 11:58 PM
StP Erudite//Warblade//Factotum. Better uses of the action economy than the Wizard version, more versatile as a bonus.

noparlpf
2011-07-30, 12:05 AM
Dude, I literally had this idea today. (Well, yesterday now.)
I haven't thought about builds yet, though. I don't think I would ever condone it. Way too much potential for epic cheese.

Ekul
2011-07-30, 12:08 AM
Warblade/Duskblade/Wizard?
Int primary, Str secondary, Con tertiary, Dex, Wis, Cha.

kardar233
2011-07-30, 12:11 AM
Beholder Mage/Spell to Power Erudite/Cerebremancer//Warblade/Ur-Priest/Ruby Knight Vindicator

What do you think should be the third gestalt for this? I've already got 9th level Divines, Arcanes, Psionics and Initiating, so what else do I need? I've got action economy shenanigans with RKV, WRT and Psionics, and I'm DAD to Wisdom and Intelligence. Any other systems you think I should add in? Incarnum? Binding? Invocation use?

Rogue Shadows
2011-07-30, 12:13 AM
Barbarian/Bard/Cleric/Druid/Fighter/Ex-Monk/Paladin of Freedom/Ranger/Rogue/Sorcerer/Wizard

As a joke.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-07-30, 12:16 AM
Level20 Build:
Cleric4/PsiTheurge10/MysticThuerge6
//
Psion4/Sorceror10/Cerebromancer6
//
Wizard14/Factotum6

Take Practiced Manifester: Sorc and I have Quad 20s and 6 Factotum levels.

Ekul
2011-07-30, 12:18 AM
Barbarian/Bard/Cleric/Druid/Fighter/Ex-Monk/Paladin of Freedom/Ranger/Rogue/Sorcerer/Wizard

As a joke.
Or you could just cut out the middle man and say every starting class that Chaotic good fulfills gestalted, and that means every alternate class feature allowed as well, then make sure to take all the PrC you can, especially Planar Shepard for the infinity equipment, so that MAD becomes nonissue

Edit: Aww, you couldn't do that because Druids can't be chaotic good- you'd have to do neutral good and find some Paladin Alternate, although it shouldn't be that hard to find.

Godskook
2011-07-30, 12:57 AM
I like being Mad and maneuvers are good enough (especially in this amount) to ignore other class features.

No, they're really not. See, the problem is, your action economy is incredibly poor, since maneuvers are all vying for the same few actions, and almost nothing any of the classes get is passive. Substituting Totemist, Incarnate, Wizard, Druid, or any other buffing class would add so much more than having 32 stances would.

-------------

In gestalt, the paradigm was generally active//passive, and I suspect if Tri-stalt ever became popular, the new 'standard' would be endurance//limited//passive, with ToB, the mundanes, and similar taking the endurance route, passive going to classes like Marshal, MoI, and Binder, while the limited would almost always be tier 2 or 1 casters.

gorfnab
2011-07-30, 01:01 AM
Druid // Barbarian // Swordsage - Force of Nature
Crusader // Dragon Shaman // Bard/ Sublime Chord - Dragonfire Cheerleader
Warlock // Binder // Hexblade - Mr. Creepy Debuffer
Artificer // Warblade // Factotum (Warforged) - Self Repairing Tank

Rogue Shadows
2011-07-30, 01:45 AM
Or you could just cut out the middle man and say every starting class that Chaotic good fulfills gestalted, and that means every alternate class feature allowed as well, then make sure to take all the PrC you can, especially Planar Shepard for the infinity equipment, so that MAD becomes nonissue

Edit: Aww, you couldn't do that because Druids can't be chaotic good- you'd have to do neutral good and find some Paladin Alternate, although it shouldn't be that hard to find.

Oh, right, druid...knew I forgot something. Damn.

In all honesty, though, I'd probably tri-Gestalt a Rogue/Fighter/Sorcerer. I like to keep things simple.

MeeposFire
2011-07-30, 01:50 AM

Not as mad as you think.

Warblades want str-con-dex. INt gives them some nice stuff but it is not worth worrying about.

Crusaders str-con. Cha only gives you a slight bonus to will saves which is not all that great especially since swordsage already gives you that.

Swordsages vary but note you don't need dex or wisdom since you will have access to heavy armor and most of the better manuevers are not save based (or are based off of str). So just go str and con in this case.

So go str and con as your best atributes and put your other ability scores however you like. I probably would put average scores in the rest 10-12 and have extra points into int.

Really you are a warblade with more and better skills, crazy number of maneuvers (and with so many you never worry about refreshing them unless the encounter is INSANE), a couple of smites a day, heavy armor, and a few extra abilities based on what maneuvers you are using. Probably overkill though (I did not check but are there enough distinct maneuvers to fill all those maneuvers known?).

ImperatorK
2011-07-30, 01:56 AM
No, they're really not.
Yeah they are. Good enough, that is.

Draz74
2011-07-30, 02:08 AM
Probably overkill though (I did not check but are there enough distinct maneuvers to fill all those maneuvers known?).

Overkill indeed ... but yes, there should be enough maneuvers to fill all your Known slots.

Level 2 should be the biggest "crowdedness" issue. At that point, you know 5 Crusader maneuvers, 4 Warblade maneuvers, and 7 Swordsage maneuvers. So those could be, for example,
C
Crusader's Strike, Vanguard Strike, Douse the Flames, Charging Minotaur, Stone Bones
W
Steel Wind, Steely Strike, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, Sudden Leap
S
Moment of Perfect Mind, Wolf Fang Strike, Burning Blade, Counter Charge, Mighty Throw, Shadow Blade Technique, Distracting Ember

That still leaves you four Level 1 Maneuvers of "leeway" (the crappy Dazzling one, Wind Stride, Clinging Shadow Strike, and Leading the Attack). So yeah, there are enough maneuvers -- and most of them aren't even crappy. The problem will be getting enough actions to use a significant amount of them.

squeekenator
2011-07-30, 02:09 AM
Yo dawg i heard you like gestalt...

Sounds like the perfect game for a dragonwrought kobold dragon shaman//dragonfire adept//dragonblood sorcerer taking draconic heritage, going dragon disciple and draconic polymorphing into a dragon.

Godskook
2011-07-30, 02:19 AM
Yeah they are. Good enough, that is.

Could you define 'enough', cause the definition I'm using is:

"noticeably more powerful than non-gestalt and/or regular gestalt"

And for that definition, it isn't, so I'm curious as to what your definition is.

ImperatorK
2011-07-30, 02:23 AM
Could you define 'enough', cause the definition I'm using is:

"noticeably more powerful than non-gestalt and/or regular gestalt"

And for that definition, it isn't, so I'm curious as to what your definition is.
Why does it matter?

Rogue Shadows
2011-07-30, 02:30 AM
Why does it matter?

Probably because you're saying that maneuvers are good enough to ignore other class features. You've got to prove that Warblade/Swordsage/Crusader is just as viable as...I dunno...Beguiler/Binder/Wildshape Variant Ranger, though, for that to be the case.

So in short you made an assertion, and now you have to put your money where your mouth is.

ImperatorK
2011-07-30, 02:35 AM
So in short you made an assertion, and now you have to put your money where your mouth is.
:smallconfused:
No. I don't wanna.

Rogue Shadows
2011-07-30, 02:39 AM
No. I don't wanna.

That is a perfectly valid choice, but that means you don't get to complain when people tell you that you're wrong and then back themselves up with evidence of their own.

Or at least you don't get to complain and then get treated seriously.

Curious
2011-07-30, 02:42 AM
No. I don't wanna.

Then why are you arguing that it's good enough, when by the standards of most others here it is not?

Tier 3: Crusader//Bard//Binder

Charisma up in this business.

ImperatorK
2011-07-30, 02:42 AM
Why should I care?

MeeposFire
2011-07-30, 02:43 AM
Wait there is somebody being serious in any way about a discussion about gestalting three classes? Whoops I figured this was for a lark.

Curious
2011-07-30, 02:44 AM
Why should I care?

The real question is, 'Why should I care what you say when you don't back it up?'

Rogue Shadows
2011-07-30, 02:44 AM
Why should I care?

You don't have to, but you made the implication that you did when you challenged someone saying that War/Cru/Sage is MAD up the wazoo and not good.

If someone calls you wrong, and you then call them wrong, we're going to assume that you care. If you didn't care, then why did you respond?

Godskook
2011-07-30, 02:52 AM
Wait there is somebody being serious in any way about a discussion about gestalting three classes? Whoops I figured this was for a lark.

There's serious and then there's serious. A lot of playgrounders(myself included) treat all topics with a certain amount of scholastic seriousness, even if its in a light-hearted manner.

On a more topic-worthy note, Swordsage//Druid//Ardent, with Shiba Protector and a 2-level serenity paladin dip in there somewhere, probably on the Ardent side, although spreading it out or dropping it on the Swordsage side would work too. The druid side's got too much going on to be worth losing too many class levels. With almost every vital statistic based on Wisdom except HP, this is about as SAD as it gets, short of finding a way to pull this off with Charisma(Iirc, there's a way to get Cha to HP as an undead).

ImperatorK
2011-07-30, 02:56 AM
Put down your pitchforks, guys. You remember what I wrote?

Nowhere did I said that this is a fact. It's just my opinion. I wrote how it is for me. For me it is enough. YMMV. Deal with it. :smallannoyed:

maximus25
2011-07-30, 03:44 AM
Thought of this months ago when I first heard of gestalt. I was like, well, if we are going two classes, why not 3, or 4, or 10 at once? I mean of course 10 at once would be ****ing crazy and you wouldn't know what to do ever. But the point still stands.

Luckmann
2011-07-30, 03:45 AM
Alchemist//Artificer//Factotum

ImperatorK
2011-07-30, 03:55 AM
Thought of this months ago when I first heard of gestalt. I was like, well, if we are going two classes, why not 3, or 4, or 10 at once? I mean of course 10 at once would be ****ing crazy and you wouldn't know what to do ever. But the point still stands.
And the point is...? :smallconfused:

Bovine Colonel
2011-07-30, 08:56 AM
And the point is...? :smallconfused:

I believe the point was "if 2 classes, why not more?"

Morph Bark
2011-07-30, 09:01 AM
Samurai//Warmage/Incantatrix//Monk/Chameleon 2

FTW

Probably because you're saying that maneuvers are good enough to ignore other class features. You've got to prove that Warblade/Swordsage/Crusader is just as viable as...I dunno...Beguiler/Binder/Wildshape Variant Ranger, though, for that to be the case.

Any combination is "viable".

"Can do almost anything without having top-Tier classes in the combination" is something different.

gkathellar
2011-07-30, 09:51 AM
Wildshape Mystic Ranger/Planar Shepherd//Factotum//Warblade, w/Sword of the Arcane Order. Intelligence to everything, 9th level maneuvers, break the action economy, 5th-level wizard/ranger casting, Planar Shepherd cheese.

Potentially, you could trade in Mystic Ranger for Druid/Prestige Ranger. Now you're a wizard with more spells slots, access to the druid and ranger spell lists, Wild Shape, an animal companion, 9th level maneuvers and action-economy breakage. Congratulations.

Partysan
2011-07-30, 09:53 AM
Warblade/Factotum/Zentharim Dungeoncrasher Hit&Run Fighter.
Casters bore me.

flabort
2011-07-30, 10:39 AM
i wuv threads like this.

So....
"Support // active // passive" is the standard?

Divine Bard // Druid // Monk.

Or, (I've posted this on another triple gestalt, but am too lazy to look up the (much better) response):
Feat Rogue // Fighter // Generic Warrior

The response only covered one side of the gestalt, and had 10 or so less feats, but that left the entire other two classes open, so it could have wound up with 50+ more feats than mine if anybody'd filled out the other two sides, too.

enderlord99
2011-07-30, 11:07 AM
So....
"Support // active // passive" is the standard?

It could be, but more likely, as Godsook said, Endurance(active that doesn't get used up as fast)//limited(active that works in a short bust at the beginning)//passive.

AmberVael
2011-07-30, 11:07 AM
Hmmm...

Druid//Totemist//Psychic Warrior with Vow of Poverty (and Natural Spell, of course).

The wide range of casting abilities, along with Soulmelds and vow of poverty more than make up for the lack of magic items, but further, a lack of magic items makes incarnum less of a headache at high levels, and also means that all the bonuses you DO have can be used while wildshaping, which is pretty boss.

While wildshaping, you can also use both druid casting and psionics without any penalty, and the combination of the two casting classes gives you some spontaneity while also not sacrificing the power of a prepared divine casting class. Also, once you hit level 13 you can pick up Schism to help out with actions.

Wild shaping, totemist melds, and psychic warrior powers means that you are pretty much the indisputable king of natural attacks and that engaging you in close combat will only end in a bloody mess. Careful buff choices will make you an all day combat monster (quite literally).

You also have a plethora of feats from Vow of Poverty and Psychic Warrior, so you can pretty much pick up whatever the build might need without too much fear.

Not the greatest build, but I do think it would be very fun, and has some good optimization potential. Also, much more interesting than the standard "Warblade//Wizard//Factotum lol" answer.

Xtomjames
2011-07-30, 11:17 AM
If I could gestalt three classes together; here are my top three.

Warlock/Artificer/Fighter

Dragon half Illithid Master Vampire /Swordsage/Barbarian

Thri-Kreen (with construct arm grafts for six arms total)
Monk/Fighter/Psion

Mixt
2011-07-30, 11:20 AM
Sorcerer 20//Cleric 20//Factotum 1/Swordsage 19?

Belt Of Magnificence +6
+5 to stats from tomes or wishes
Heavy investment in defensive equipment, let the spells deal with the offense and utility.

Wonder how well that would work out...

Marxism
2011-07-30, 11:30 AM
CW sam//Commoner//Monk He would spend all his money on a variety of anchors lead balls and boulders. He would also have no legs requiring that the rest of the party carry him on their shoulders. He would also have a phobia of excessive movement so if anything moves too quickly he passes out. His name would be Deaed Waight

Warblade//Fighter//Lion totem barbarian1/Crusader
A fighter that actually works!

A build that will get me some serious flak for good reason
Wizard//Cleric//Psion
Suffers from MAD but that can be fixed with enough persisted ability enhancements. Also you get so many powers and spells that you won't know what to do with them. no really you won't be able to use them all in a day.

Cespenar
2011-07-30, 11:33 AM
Adept//Expert//Warrior.

noparlpf
2011-07-30, 11:33 AM
Wizard//Cleric//Psion
Suffers from MAD but that can be fixed with enough persisted ability enhancements. Also you get so many powers and spells that you won't know what to do with them. no really you won't be able to use them all in a day.

There's a third-party feat called Lost Traditions. Lets you reassign the stat that your casting is based on. You could have an Int-based Cleric.

Psyren
2011-07-30, 11:48 AM
Ninja//Ardent//Druid

The Ur-Kung Fu Bear

dspeyer
2011-07-30, 11:59 AM
Actual classes: psion (telepath) // factotum // warblade
What I tell everyone: non-gestalt bard

(It'll help if I can homebrew a power that looks like Inspire Courage, and then sing while I use it because I feel like it).

137beth
2011-07-30, 12:02 PM
Samurai//Truenamer//Monk...

What? SAMURAI!? No, it should be COMMONER/truenamer/monk:smallsmile:

Psyren
2011-07-30, 12:02 PM
Actual classes: psion (telepath) // factotum // warblade
What I tell everyone: non-gestalt bard

(It'll help if I can homebrew a power that looks like Inspire Courage, and then sing while I use it because I feel like it).

Bonus points if you can't carry a tune in a bucket, but the other party members feel it working anyway.

Coidzor
2011-07-30, 12:08 PM
Hmm...

Bard/Virtuoso/Sublime Chord/Virtuoso(or maybe HeartFireFanner)//DruidX/Totemist2//Deathmaster(or Cleric or Dread Necromancer)

Anything I encounter, I can control. Muahahahahahahahahaha, and so forth.

Also, turn into a bear that grows crazy arms that burst into flames and eat your face if I don't feel like just using phenomenal cosmic power instead. Which rather handily cuts down on the whole MAD issue by cutting out the physical stats with Druid.

AmberVael
2011-07-30, 12:17 PM
Wizard//Cleric//Psion

Actually, I think a properly built Sorcerer//Cleric//Psion would be a lot better than most people would imagine.

You would just dump wisdom- the point of cleric would not be save based attacks at all, and with the build you would hardly need more spells per day. Well, not really dump it, but not invest a lot into it.

You'd probably want to focus on Charisma, and have Int as secondary. Pick mostly saveless powers for Psion, or things that matter less if the save is made.

The idea would be to use the most potent action options from each class to ensure that lack of actions is no difficulty at all. Cleric would make full use of divine metamagic and persist (as your charisma will be high, this should be a bit easier for them), and also extend to have numerous very long lasting buffs. Other spells would go towards out of combat utility, as in combat versatility would be well handled by Sorcerer and Psion.

Psion would pick up Schism, and potentially Quicken Power (quicken power is not a swift action, which you could easily take advantage of. Most DMs might reasonably house rule this away though).

Sorcerer would go for Arcane Fusion and Greater Arcane Fusion, not to mention Arcane Spellsurge (with use of Invisible Spell).

Altogether, the character would have all kinds of crazy buffs from Cleric, would be able to manifest one or two powers per turn from psion, and pull off many action shenanigans with Sorcerer. It might be a somewhat intensive build, but I think it could fare better than one might initially give it credit for.

I'd definitely choose Sorcerer over Wizard though- at higher levels, I think Sorcerer is better with the nova potential, and with so many casting classes I don't think you'd really lose out on versatility (especially as you'd have cleric).

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-07-30, 12:27 PM
Wizard//Archivist//Psion is your SAD triple-caster, and is yet to be mentioned. I'd probably go Shaper with the Personal Construct ACF to get a max-augmented Astral Construct as a swift action every fight. Dip Sacred Exorcist on the Archivist progression for DMM: Quicken, get Incantatrix 4+ on the Wizard portion for free Persistent buffs. Persist multiples of spells that attack on their own, like Holy Star and (Fell Drain) Cloud of Knives.

Metahuman1
2011-07-30, 01:04 PM
Swordsage//Druid//Cleric

Focus in order on

Wis,
Con,
Cha,
and nothing else. Swordsage, I pick up lots of Iron Heart surge and action before though to bail out of trouble, And Tigerclaw/Shadowhand/Settingsun for "I kick your butt" by maneuvers, and then you've got Cleric for DMM buffs, emergency access to healing on the fly, and certain of the clerics good save or suck/lose/die spells, and the Druid for extra buffs, Stacking up extra damage that occurs every round with out me needing to do anything like call lighting and creeping cold, and I've also got nice save or suck/lose/die, and summons coming out of my butt! Plus I get a pick me up too Initiative and AC, An animal companion for some extra butt kicking, and of course, wildshape!

Silva Stormrage
2011-07-30, 03:26 PM
Wizard//Archivist//Psion is your SAD triple-caster, and is yet to be mentioned. I'd probably go Shaper with the Personal Construct ACF to get a max-augmented Astral Construct as a swift action every fight. Dip Sacred Exorcist on the Archivist progression for DMM: Quicken, get Incantatrix 4+ on the Wizard portion for free Persistent buffs. Persist multiples of spells that attack on their own, like Holy Star and (Fell Drain) Cloud of Knives.

You should replace Psion with Erudite for more tier 1 goodness :smallbiggrin:.

flabort
2011-07-30, 04:48 PM
There's a third-party feat called Lost Traditions. Lets you reassign the stat that your casting is based on. You could have an Int-based Cleric.

OK. For the lulz:
Divine Bard X (LT: Int) / Mystic Theurge 10 // Psion X / Cerebremancer 10 // Factotum 1 / Sorcerer (LT: Int) X+9

Full spontaneous divine (with X levels of bard), Full spontaneous psionics, almost double-full spontaneous arcane, and a level of Factotum so that you have enough actions to use all that.
This needs an optimizer to turn into a real mailman, though.

Machinekng
2011-07-30, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure if this is legal or not:

Wizard 15/Mystic Theruge 5//Archivist 15/Mystic Theruge 5//Erudite 10/Cerebamancer 10

Level 35 Wizard casting, Level 25 Archivist Casting, and Level 20 Erudite Manifesting.

Why not?

enderlord99
2011-07-30, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure if this is legal or not:

Wizard 15/Mystic Theruge 5//Archivist 15/Mystic Theruge 5//Erudite 10/Cerebamancer 10

Level 35 Wizard casting, Level 25 Archivist Casting, and Level 20 Erudite Manifesting.

Why not?

You do realize those are at the same levels, right?

Talya
2011-07-30, 05:03 PM
No, they're really not. See, the problem is, your action economy is incredibly poor, since maneuvers are all vying for the same few actions, and almost nothing any of the classes get is passive. Substituting Totemist, Incarnate, Wizard, Druid, or any other buffing class would add so much more than having 32 stances would.

Hey, you can solve some of those action economy issues! How about... Warblade//Crusader//Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator? You blow every single maneuver (and a few spells) you have in the first round, then you spend the second round using Adaptive Style to recover them all. Of course, eventually you'd run out of turning attempts...

137beth
2011-07-30, 05:08 PM
What about 5 levels of wizard/druid/psion, then 15 levels of mystic theuge/cleric/psion?
Alternatively start with wizard/cleric/druid, and switch to mystic theuge (of wizard and cleric, since the animal companion is better than turn undead)/druid/psion.

Machinekng
2011-07-30, 05:11 PM

Now that I think about it, yeah :smallredface:.

So,

Wizard 20//Archivist 10/Mystic Theruge 10//Erudite 5/Cerebamancer 10/ Geomancer 5.

Level 45 Wizard casting, Level 20 Archivist Casting, level 15 Erudite Manifestation (but level 19 manifester level, due to Prcticed Manifester).

Talya
2011-07-30, 05:12 PM

Not necessarily. He's not showing the order in which he took those classes. Still, without epic spellcasting, exceeding 20th level in a spellcasting class only helps you break SR, it doesn't give you much else.

flabort
2011-07-30, 05:19 PM
OK. For the lulz:
Divine Bard X (LT: Int) / Mystic Theurge 10 // Psion X / Cerebremancer 10 // Factotum 1 / Sorcerer (LT: Int) X+9

Full spontaneous divine (with X levels of bard), Full spontaneous psionics, almost double-full spontaneous arcane, and a level of Factotum so that you have enough actions to use all that.
This needs an optimizer to turn into a real mailman, though.

Now that I think about it, yeah :smallredface:.

So,

Wizard 20//Archivist 10/Mystic Theruge 10//Erudite 5/Cerebamancer 10/ Geomancer 5.

Level 45 Wizard casting, Level 20 Archivist Casting, level 15 Erudite Manifestation (but level 19 manifester level, due to Prcticed Manifester).

Oops. I forgot there's only 5 levels... Is there? :smallsigh: :smallfrown:

Talya
2011-07-30, 05:27 PM
Dread Necromancer//Crusader//Sorcerer/Swiftblade

Wings of Peace
2011-07-30, 05:36 PM
Eidetic Wizard/StP Erudite/Factotum

Because I believe in one stat to rule them all.

Talya
2011-07-30, 06:00 PM
Eidetic Wizard/StP Erudite/Factotum

Because I believe in one stat to rule them all.

So do I, it's just a different stat. ;)

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-30, 06:39 PM
What? SAMURAI!? No, it should be COMMONER/truenamer/monk:smallsmile:

What? Commoner's way overpowered! Haven't you seen that build that's a commoner 3/marshall 1 that can train three 36 HD battletitans?

For that matter, samurai's overpowered too. Haven't you seen Schneeky's build?

Godskook
2011-07-30, 07:26 PM
Hey, you can solve some of those action economy issues! How about... Warblade//Crusader//Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator? You blow every single maneuver (and a few spells) you have in the first round, then you spend the second round using Adaptive Style to recover them all. Of course, eventually you'd run out of turning attempts...

True, you could snap the game in half with a broken prestige class ability, but at that point anything you build can be put to good use. Regardless, abusing the Windicator doesn't as much 'solve' anything as it does overshadow the problems with awesomeness.

ArcanistSupreme
2011-07-30, 07:42 PM
Dragonborn Mongrelfolk Dwarf DFA 20//Totemist 20//Mineral Warrior/Ranger 3/Monk 2/Fist of the Forest 1/Deepwarden 2/Kensai 3/Heir of Syberis 1/Kensai 2/Warblade 5 with Steadfast Determination and the save replacement maneuvers. Because I like Constitution.

Special thanks to Person_Man for his Can't Touch This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) build.

Edited because it was an illegal build without enough Con synergy.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-07-30, 07:46 PM
Chaos Champion of the Unseelie Court
Gloura, LA +2/ Fey HD 7/ Blackguard 3/ Arcane Duelist 4/ Mystic Wanderer 1/ Sublime Chord 3// Stalwart Sorcerer 20// Crusader 7/ Harmonious Knight Paladin of Slaughter 2/ Cobra-Strike Chaos Monk 2/ Crusader 9

With Arcane Strike, Aura of Chaos, Ascetic Mage, Power Attack, Leap Attack, Shock Trooper, and a Wand Chamber with Rhino's Rush. Assuming prestige class levels grant +1 IL, at Crusader 8 his initiator level is 11 to take Aura of Chaos at level 12. Combined with Arcane Strike he's likely to do tons of extra dice of damage, he gets 1d10+2+Con per level, has plenty of spell slots to power buffs and Arcane Strike... and gets to add his Cha bonus to his saves three times and his Cha bonus to his AC four times.

Wings of Peace
2011-07-30, 08:02 PM
I'd like to amend my previous build. I would play the humble:

Eidetic Wizard 3/Cerebremancer 7/Mind Mage 10//StP Erudite 4/Generic Warrior 16//Factotum 20

The_Ebolanator
2011-07-30, 11:52 PM
This thread is hilarious because the group I play with has not only thought this up, we've played, are playing, and will play these kinds of campaigns. We're actually quite familiar with them to the point where we colloquially refer to this kind of building as "Tri-stalt".
The key to being an ass about this kind of building is remembering that according to the gestalt rules, if ONE of the classes has something that goes up (Be it saves, BAB, initiator lvl, caster lvl, etc) you take it until it caps at equal-to-lvl.
It's entirely possible to make characters with d12 hd, full BAB, all base saves equal to your lvl, full caster AND initiator lvls and immunities out the wazoo, the key is staggering your levels. Also, LA. LA like it's no freakin' tomorrow.
I once played a Half-dragon Pseudo-natural (the epic level handbook one, not the pansy Complete Arcane one) Paragon (again, epic level handbook) Solar Angel with dabblings in monk (for the extra immunities and my ballin' wis to AC), all three TOB classes among other insane things.
Needless to say this character along with another was so freakin' powerful that our DM couldn't reasonably keep up with us without annihilating the rest of the party. Our subsequent campaigns had a LA cap of +3 from then on.
As for the "What about the MAD?" argument this will inevitably glean, I took some feats that focused my good scores to the things I need. Needless to say this kind of gameplay lends itself to some appropriate homebrew.