PDA

View Full Version : Desert Wind Warblades?

Rossebay
2011-07-30, 02:30 PM
Is it even possible to get a Warblade that uses Desert Wind Maneuvers? I'd really like to play that type of character, but I'm not finding any avenues for it.

Saph
2011-07-30, 02:32 PM
The easiest way is to go to your DM and say "Hey, I'd like to play a Desert Wind Warblade. Could I trade out one of the Warblade's schools known for Desert Wind instead?" :smallsmile:

Alternately, some of the ToB prestige classes add Desert Wind as a known school - Jade Phoenix Mage, for instance, though that involves being a gish rather than a warblade.

Or you could just play a Swordsage, but I'm guessing there's a reason you haven't done that already.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-30, 02:35 PM
Master of the 9 would get you Desert Wind, along with everything else.

Rossebay
2011-07-30, 02:38 PM
The easiest way is to go to your DM and say "Hey, I'd like to play a Desert Wind Warblade. Could I trade out one of the Warblade's schools known for Desert Wind instead?" :smallsmile:

Alternately, some of the ToB prestige classes add Desert Wind as a known school - Jade Phoenix Mage, for instance, though that involves being a gish rather than a warblade.

Or you could just play a Swordsage, but I'm guessing there's a reason you haven't done that already.

I'll probably try this, honestly. Haven't asked the DM yet, I was just looking for a legit tactic.

And yeah, Gish... Nah.

Keld Denar
2011-07-30, 02:52 PM
Also, Martial Study can be taken up to 3 times to add Desert Wind to your arsonal.

Rossebay
2011-07-30, 03:18 PM
Also, Martial Study can be taken up to 3 times to add Desert Wind to your arsonal.

Yeah, I was looking at that. I'll probably go for that one.

Vemynal
2011-07-30, 03:41 PM
don't waste the feat if you don't have to =/

switch out stone dragon!

Talionis
2011-07-31, 09:53 AM
You coud also still just take 3 Desert Win Manuevers as Feats with martial manuever feat. They recovery mechanic would be your Warblade.

Cleric can also help you get into Master of Nine since you can take the two Domains that pick up two of the Feats required to get into that class.

So its easy to see a progression like Warblade 4, Cleric 1, 5 Master of Nine, Uncanny Tricksters (Mo9), Legacy Weapon Prestige Class (progressing Mo9).

I'm not sure how quickly you can meet the requirements to get into Mo9, but progressing it further through Uncanny Trickster and/or the Legacy Weapon Prestige class can give you a ton of manuevers from any school you want to pick them from.