PDA

View Full Version : A Tale Untold [Twilight of Darkness]

Goblinsplitter
2011-07-30, 03:51 PM
The sun is setting on yet another ordinary day in the small city of Lodi. Anard is at his favorite pub this evening, per usual. Unbeknownst to him, Cuzon was also at the pub this evening. The mead is strong, the wine is divine and the songs are sung loudly. After the sun has set, some of the patrons start making their way home, drunkeningly of course. Then suddenly there is a deafening boom that shakes the buildings and you can feel it in your chest. Every runs outside to see what is happening. There are several other smaller booms that light up the sky and rattle your bones. You can hear screaming and the clash of steel on steel in the distance towards where the explosions came from. By now the rest of the crowd has started to disperse. It was to be an eventful night, for both of these men, even though they did not know it.

Alright, normally I would of made a more detailed opening but I think this is good enough. You two start out in front of the pub with the crowd of people dispersing. I gotta jet though, so talk amongst yourselves and get a plan together then get ready to kick some gnomish behinds.

DueceEsMachine
2011-07-30, 09:58 PM
*His voice bellowed out with the others, his drink raised as Anard enjoyed the evening. Invrid was always more than accomodating to the local crowd, and she just shook her head and wiped absently at a glass tonight. She'd heard worse singing, no doubt, in her days.*

*As the crowd started to thin out, Anard paused for a moment to watch them, and to pay his tab with more than a little heckling towards the 'keep. She, of course, just laughed at him and said something in a language he didn't quite understand, but caught the meaning of all to well before turning tail to leave the bar with some remnant of his dignity intact.*

*His head churning delightfully from a raucous night of drinking, Anard was in the process of clapping a couple friends on the back happily when the explosions ring out across town, lighting up the night sky.*

*Some pause to gawk, and others cheer stupidly at what they assume is some sort of fireworks display, but Anard knows better. The majority of the folk around him were farmers or simple folk - they'd never heard the sound of battle, and they had never been trained to respond without thinking. That was not the case with Anard.*

*His feet were moving before his brain had fully registered his new direction, and his strides ate ground at an amazing rate. His gear would be just inside the forge - spear, shield and plate. From there, he could deal with any situation as needed. They'd just have to hold on a moment....*

Galvain7
2011-07-30, 11:34 PM
As another long day slipped into what promised to be another long evening patrolling the dim streets of Lodi, Cuzon was enjoying a round at Ivard’s tavern. As much as he’d wanted another glass of wine, he restrained himself with the knowledge that he would probably regret it by three in the morning.

Something in this picture is not right, Cuzon thought to himself, I should be getting plastered right now. So maybe I should quit my nightwatch job...

Suddenly Cuzon's repreave was interrupted by the sound of explosions tearing through the night.

Ah! The bomb. Elegant in its simplicity, easy to attach lots of derivatives without much fuss. Why I remember my first...

Wait a minute...*I* didn't set that bomb off...

"Oh bugger me!"

In an instant Cuzon's languid feline pose is transmutated into a flurry of action. His hands fly around his slender frame as if possessed. No motion is wasted as long fingers jerk tiny vials out of hidden pouches, simultaneously twisting the corks off with fluid grace born from years of practice. The contents vanish down Cuzon's throat without an ounce of hesitation, but perhaps just a touch of desperation. Before the now empty vials shatter on the floor, the left hand has wrenched a long slender rapier from its sheathe as the right hand begins to foul it with some dark filthy ichor. A small gentle smile plays over the half elf's features, but the long canines and livid scar lend it a predatory air.

"Ahhrroo-roo-roo..."

Free action: Draw and consume potion of true strike from potion belt.
Swift Action: Apply Oil of Tagget sticky poison to rapier, sheathe sword. (Quick Draw)
Move Action: Draw sheild extract from bag.
Standard: Consume!

His tasks complete, Cuzon twists around the room, looking for citizens.

"Citizens!" he bellowed in his most authorative voice, "The situaton is being handled. Please remain calm and proceed in an orderly fashion to the nearest stone stuture, basement, or celler. Stay away from windows or old wood. Look after yourselves first, then look after the children. Thank you and remember to remain calm."

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-01, 08:21 AM
The crowd thins as people hectically make their escape. Several more explosions light up the night sky, the thunderous booms resounding in your chest. You hastily make your way towards the explosions as dozens of people are fleeing and screaming; while others are taking advantage of the situation and are looting. It is only a matter of minutes at your brisk pace to get to the are where the explosions happened. You see several of the guards fleeing then a few loud bangs and they fall to the ground dead. A pair of half-orcs and a half-ogre dart out of the adjoining street and spot the two of you. They give a fierce roar and prepare themselves for battle.

Roll initiative guys. Let's see how you fair versus some peons. :smallbiggrin:

Galvain7
2011-08-01, 12:01 PM
His battle preperations complete, Cuzon tears down the streets of Lodi toward the sound of the explosions. He skids to a stop as three thick thugs come into veiw, recoiling at their foul visages.

"Avant! Foul cretins! Throw down your weapons and come peaceably." Cuzon pauses for a beat and looks from thug to thug. "Well, I honestly didn't expect you to surrender, but I have to ask. Part of the job you see. You'll wish you had in a minute. Ha. Especially you," Cuzon says, gesturing with a nod to the half-orge.

Intitiative: [roll0]
Edit: 11? :smallmad: Crap. I rolled a figgin' four. Lets hope the brute squad had dex as a dump stat.

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-01, 03:16 PM
*His hands flew rapidly, mechanically as he strapped on his armor and snatched his weapons, out the door of the smithy almost as fast as he was in. It was what he had trained for - but still, as the explosions continued, Anard felt a small knot in his stomach. Screams carried through the night. Screams of people he knew. People he cared for.*

*Coming to a skidding stop next to another man, Anard notices Cuzon for the first time and gives the man a nod, one hand pulling a potion from his own belt, his other hand pulling a long shaft from his quiver and not wasting any time before letting fly.*
"Cuzon! Good to see a stalwart soul! Watch out for the two smaller, but the uglier one is first, yes?"

Alright, a little liberty, but I figured I would declare my actions now, and go from there.
Initiative:
[roll0]

Free action - Consume Potion of Cats Grace - +4 Dex, duration - 3 minutes
Standard action - Use Rapid Shot to throw 2 AtlAtl Darts at the biggest threat. - half ogre. This is assuming we stop within about 30 ft of him.

Attack 1 -
[roll1]
Damage 1 - (plus 2d6 for first damaging attack) - [roll2]
[roll3]
Crit confirmation and damage, if needed
[roll4], [roll5]

Attack 2 -
[roll6]
Damage 2 -
[roll7]
Crit confirmation and damage, if needed
[roll8], [roll9]

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-04, 02:57 AM
The trio of baddies charge at you just as the last few words leave your lips. The half-orcs howl a war cry as they charge the two of you. One half-orc each charge our intrepid adventurers. The ogre is not too far behind the one charging Cuzon. The half-orcs both charge at their foes bringing their giant axes down in a powerful downward slice. The one charging Anard falls face first into a puddle having tripped on a rock jutting out of the ground. The half-orc charging Cuzon connects and lands a biting blow to his shoulder.

Summary: Enemies charge. One rolls a natural 1 and falls face first, knocking himself unconsious. One orc lands a blow on Cuzon for 8 damage.

Sorry guys... I rolled a natural 20 for their initiative. And you were off by 1 on your attack rolls Duece. Quite a way to start of a game. I use my own dice to do all my rolls, so I can fudge em if need be. Can't really do that on a PbP imo. You still might die though so don't get too reckless.

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-04, 11:53 AM
Anard - round 1

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 57 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place - Cat's Grace - 30 rounds remaining

*With a startled blink, Anard barely has time to react before the orcs charge, one of them managing to incapacitate himself quite effectively while the other took a lightning fast swing at Cuzon, a small line of blood on the edge of his weapon gleaming in the firelight.*

*His shield coming up to help cover the mans side from another blow as he stips up next to him, Anard thrusts out with both hands on his spear, hoping to drive the shaft home as he speaks*
"Don't leave yourself open like that, friend - if he was any luckier he'd have spilled your innards on the ground!"

Alright, so my action is just after theirs, so I'm guessing it's Galvains turn to post now, and I'll get another turn next round. That'll teach me. lol

As far as rolling your own dice, I don't have any problem with that, but while there might not be anything bad waiting for us when we die - I'm not in a rush to get there. If it's going to happen eventually, I'd really like it to be badass when it does, though I realize that it's not up to us all the time.

Anyways - just a reminder, Cuzon does get a +4 to his armor class for having me next to him. Also, I put in the top spoiler line so my stats are easily accessable, I thought that might help eventually.

Galvain7
2011-08-04, 02:44 PM
Cuzon Greeneyes, round 1:

Cuzon howls in agony as the half-orcs blade hacks into his shoulder. In fluent dwarven he addresses Anard.
"Curse me for a liar if you aren't right all the time, Anard. But! This clearly is not a lucky day for our unfortunate cousins, heya?"

Wreching himself behind Anard's sheild, he downs another foul smelling concotion, but this one goes down with a cough. Cuzon's eyes bulge as the elixir enters his body, and he lets out a gasp of pain, which morphs into a howl of rage and challenge as he steps out from behind Anard's sheild, blades already clear of the scabbard.

Free Action: Draw and Consume Dexterity Mutagen.
Full Attack on the half orc who cut me.
I will power attack on the first strike with my rapier, for a -2 to hit, and a +4 to damage, and this is my first attack since downing my true strike potion, so I get a +20. The deterity mutagen also raises my hit, damage and AC, and I've made the right changes on the sheet to reflect.

Attack 1 (rapier)Hit:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Crit Confirm (If needed):
[roll2]
Crit Damge If needed):
[roll3]

Attack 2, no power attack (short sword):
[roll4]
Damage:
[roll5]

The half orc that just got hit needs to make a DC 15 fortitude save or go unconscious in a minute.
Edit: 1 short of a critical hit on that first attack! Bugger me. Even so, 15 damage on a melee attack isn't so bad.

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-04, 07:03 PM
Anard's darts bounce harmlessly off the half-ogre's crude breastplate and fall to the ground. Cuzon unsheathes his weapons and flicks his rapier right into the half-orc's heart, killing him instantly. He gasps and falls to the ground dead, in a growing pool of his own blood. The half-ogre seems oblivious to the fact that both of his allies are now out of the fight. He pulls back to deliver a mighty blow to Cuzon, catching him in the chest. The sheer force of the blow forces the air from his lungs and makes him dizzy for a moment.

Summary: Cuzon kills half-orc 2, half-orc 1 takes a nap half-ogre connects with Cuzon for a whopping 9 damage.

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-04, 09:51 PM
Anard - round 2

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 57 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place -
Cat's Grace - 29 rounds remaining
Bulls Strength - 30 rounds remaining

"Cuzon! Look..... out..."
*His words came a second too late, and he cringed as the smaller man took a direct blow, nearly crumpling under the blow, but amazingly, staying on his feet. Impressive. Even by my standards.*

"Hey! Ugly! Yeah, you with the little dangler there! What, afraid you'll get your smelly hide handed to you if you fight someone your own size?"
*His feet moving faster than his words, Anard steps deftly to the right, his free hand tossing the contents of another vial down his throat before discarding the metal tube and grabbing his spear with both hands.*

*He could feel the surge of strength, the intoxicating level of energy just waiting to be let loose on his opponent, his muscles straining with the magical forces he'd absorbed. It was almost too much, but it would have to work. Deftly, almost surgically, he thrust out with the implement of death he weilded, moving with an inhuman strength and power, hoping to drive home the killing blow.*

Alright, so, free action to consume a potion of Bulls Strength to really drive home his point.... ba-da-dum
So, Attack roll is in order
Attack 1 -
[roll0]

Damage -
[roll1]
[roll2]

And if a crit -
[roll3]
Damage -
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Galvain7
2011-08-04, 11:04 PM
The half-orge's massive blow staggers Cuzon, causing him to hack up a gout of too rich blood. He barely manages to remain standing, pivoting on one heel before catching himself. The blades waver a moment but do not fall. Shifting the blades from hand to hand, Cuzon draws and consumes yet another potion from his belt, before whirling hard to the left of the half orge, dodging out of range and then closing back in for the assault from another side.

Free Action: Draw and consume potion of True Strike form the potion belt.
Move Action: Move to the left of the half orge, opposite Anard, for flanking bonus- use up about 20 ft. That will provoke an attack of opportunity from the half orge, but I'll risk it for the extra damage.
And the rest of the action will be attacking, this time with sneak attack! :smallbiggrin:

Attack 1, power attack (rapier):
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Crit Confirm, if nessicary:
[roll2]
Crit Damage:
[roll3]

Attack 2 short sword:
[roll4]
Damage:
[roll5]

Not that'll make much difference, but the half orge needs to make a DC 15 fortitude save.

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-05, 03:16 AM
The massive ogre roars as Anard stabs it with his spear and lashes out at Cuzon as he steps to flank him. He connects a rather weak blow to Cuzon's backside. As he turns to face Anard he is cut down by Cuzon. His blows sever the creature's spine and it falls over, twitching slightly.

Summary: You two manage to tear apart the half ogre in one turn. Cuzon takes an additional 5 damage from the AoO however

Galvain7
2011-08-05, 11:08 AM
"Ah. Uh. Anard? I don't. I don't feel so good. Where did I get hit last? You must press the attack without me brave sir- I need a few minutes to patch myself up." With that he gives a weak cough that he tries vainly to cover, and blood comes out of his nose. "Oh bugger me..."

"My... ass feels... Oh sweet sacred honey bees! That bastard cut my ass!" All at once the brave wounded warrior persona falls to peices, and Cuzon staggers around wildly, pulling various banadages out of his pack in a full on panic.

"Wand wand wand where is my wand? Haha! Yes. Found it! Okay, I'm bleeding everywhere, but important parts first yes? Yes." With that he points the wand at his backside, and mutters the trigger under his breath.

Since the Cure Light Wounds is on my spell list I need not make a check to cast it. (I looked at the SRD.)
[roll0]

"Ah! Much better."

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-05, 12:51 PM
Anard - round 2

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 57 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place -
Cat's Grace - 28 rounds remaining
Bulls Strength - 29 rounds remaining

*Despite the seriousness of the situation, the fires around them and the continued explosions, Anard can't help but laugh at the other man as his stoicism breaks at the prospect of a skewered rear.*
"Don't worry, Cuzon - none of the women I've ever heard talk were worried about your hind end..... a couple of the men though...."

*With a smile and a shrug, he pulls a wand of his own from the sash over his shoulder and lays his hand on the mans shoulder as he lets the magic course through him. He took more than the one hit - and took them well, but he was surely on his last legs.*
"There. Take a second and compose yourself - I'm going to start looking for more trouble. Catch me up when you can - we'll take these fatherless brutes down!"

Alright- I've got a wand of cure light wounds myself, since it's something that would definitely come in handy.
[roll0] I think that's right. minimum CL for it is 3 with craft wand.

anyways - I'm going to set off and pick up the two atlatl spears that bounced off and go looking for more trouble - or people to help, whichever comes first.

Galvain7
2011-08-05, 02:32 PM
"Ah! Thank you Anard! You are a true comrade." Cuzon relaxes visably as the healing magic mends his battered hide, but his face is marked with a frown. "But something you said bothers me, besides the men part I mean. Did you say none of the women in town would be worried about my god like posterior if it was to be most savagely marred? That is troubling. Maybe I should leave a scar- let them see how close they came to loosing it all. Sigh. At least Ivard clearly cares about your posterior. She's not my type mind, but its nice to be worried about all the same."

Cuzon rolls his wounded shoulder with a grunt. "One more wanding should do the trick I think, then Anard... Anard?" Cuzon looks around, for a beat before realizing Anard is already long gone. Cuzon had been monolouging to himself. "Huh. Oh well. Anard! I think we should tie up this here prisoner, for the sake of justice. What do you think?"

Cuzon drops his voice in a relatively good impression of Anard's soothing brasso. "Why, Cuzon old sport that is a marvelous idea! I must buy you a drink when this is all said and done, and you can even have your girly wine if you want."

"Well that's mighty kind of you Anard! Could you perhaps also make me an axe? I feel like cutting down doors..."

"Always perfer going through the back wall m'self. Not so hard if you put a shoulder into it! HAHAHA!"
And Cuzon continues to talk to himself while competing his tasks.

Alright, as a standard action I'll heal myself again with my wand of CLW.
[roll0]
And then spend the rest of my turn tying up that unconscious half orc. I've got masterwork manacles as part of my nightwatch job, and I'll use the half orc's belt to imobilize his knees, and the other belt of the dead half orc to hog tie the sleeping half orc's feet to the manacles behind his back. The end result should be that the sleeping half orc is lying on his stomack, hands manacled behind him and his legs bent back and tied to the manacles. I will also remove any weapons or other aids the half orc is carrying and stuff them into the haversack. If the DM will permit it, I'll poke him a couple times with the sleep poisoned rapier to ensure he stays under until we can find him again.

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-06, 08:41 PM
You turn the corner to go down the boulevard towards where all the explosions are coming from and you notice several small figures in the shadows retreat down an alley hurriedly. There are no other signs of life around that you can see.

Cuzon
It seems the half-orc you are trying to tie up has drowned in the puddle he fell into. Sucks to be him.

OOC
The street is rather empty and there are several bodies strewn about. There are various shops and other stores about and there is of course that alley way.

Galvain7
2011-08-07, 12:55 AM
OOC:

I'm not willing to retcon the crazy streak of dialouge that I just wrote, so we'll say that he did the talking on the way over to the body, found the half orc already departed, muttered the obligatory "Bugger me." and hurried on after Anard.

Upon seeing the dark shadowy figures in the alleyway Cuzon picks up his pace and shouts after them, "Wait there! Identify yourselves!" and takes a long hard look at the figures with his sharp half elf eyes.

Perception check, to try and clarify some details about these figures, and whether they are carrying weapons.
[roll0]
Edit: Well, aparently his half elf eyes are not so sharp. That thar was a crit fail! "Look, that alleyway is paved in candy and populated entirely by rainbow dragons and happiness! There are no dark, shadowy gnomes here at all!" I hope Anard does better.

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-10, 01:05 AM
The shadowy figures pay no attention to your command and make quick their escape. There is nothing but an eerie silence now in the boulevard. No more distant deign of battle or explosions. Just silence.

You may pursue the creatures if you wish. They have a slight head start on you two but you could probably catch them if you cared to pursue. If so roll initiative and post your actions. Anard is 25 feet from the alley and Cuzon is 30 feet from it.

Galvain7
2011-08-10, 11:14 AM
"HALT!"

Initiative:
[roll0]

And with that I decide to follow the shadowy figures.

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-10, 02:14 PM
Anard - round 3

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 57 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place -
Cat's Grace - 27 rounds remaining
Bulls Strength - 28 rounds remaining

*Scanning the street ahead, Anard catches sight of the figures, and clenches his teeth, setting foot to path as he picks up the pace, his voice booming over the sudden silence*
"Stop! Surrender, and we will be lenient!"

alright well, lets do a couple checks
Initiative -
[roll0]

And Perception for some details on his targets
[roll1]

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-11, 02:28 AM
The shadowy figures heed neither call and offer no retort. They vanish down the alley way. You both are quick to give chase and take off after them hastily. Upon entering the alleyway you see the two shadowy figures go in opposite directions at the end. You jog to a halt at the cross roads and can see the two small figures hastily making an escape in each direction.

Anard
You can see that the figures are clearly gnomish. One is wearing armor made of a dull black material and the other is wearing simple clothing. They both have clearly visible weapons.

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-11, 01:11 PM
Anard

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 57 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place -

*The town of Lodi was eerie in the darkness, the star-filled sky casting pale light all around, slightly obscured by the thick smoke that billowed up into the night. The flames from explosions past and the fires that still burned were far enough away to shed minimal illumination, instead casting strange shadows over buildings and around corners, causing the town to almost seem like some odd dreamscape of shifting shadows and light.*

*The figures streaking in front of the two of them make little noise as their feet touched the ground, their movements keeping them skillfully covered in the deepest of the shadows as they moved. It was difficult to keep track of them as the ducked and moved, but Anard trusted his instincts and kept on them, Cuzon right behind him, the mans soft breathing mimicing his own. It would take more than a short jog to set the chemist to labored breathing. Anard had seen him training. The man was relentless.*

*When he spoke, his voice was soft, and he slowed a step to fall into pace with the smaller man, his eyes steady, watching the shifting shadows.*
"Cuzon, I hope your keen eyes can keep track of them better than my own - you've always had vision like a hawk. I saw the glint of steel in the hands of both, though I didn't get a clear look at the shapes of the blades. If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say the one on the left is the more physical of the two - his armor is well oiled and built for shadows, but the way it shifts is impossible to miss. The other doesn't appear to be armored, and may have some other trick up his sleeve. What do your keen eyes tell you?"

*His pace slowing slightly, he pops his neck slowly, the adrenaline of battle still mingling with the magical extracts he'd consumed and causing his every movement to feel like a tightly leashed animal, fighting to be let loose. Calming himself, he focused, fighting past the excitement and the fear, forching his mind to focus on the details. Taking slow, deep breaths, he pushes the exaltation, the feeling of power away, instead listening to the sounds of the city, the slow breeze at it stirred by. All the power in the world would do him no good if he was run through by a spear he never saw coming.*

Galvain7
2011-08-11, 04:07 PM
*One of the problems with extended chemical use is that your mind has trouble distinguishing fantasy from reality. As the flames cast shifting shadows over the fluid landscape of Lodi in the night, Cuzon wondered whether he had irrevocably separated his logic and imaginative minds. The battle clad form of Anard looming up ahead like a righteous death-bringer from the tales of old reminded him that his mind still resided on the mortal plane- for now. Even so, he was fairly certain the green fairy hovering on the edge of his vision was a product of the vial.*

*Product of the Vial” was actually a misnomer, Cuzon thought. The true alchemist understands that everything created from the use of the elixirs is actually a product of the mind/body of the user. All the chymicals did was drag a locked away part of the user aggressively toward the surface and give it free rein until you threw it all back up again. In short, true transmutation was nothing more than mind-fishing with your logic mind metaphorically gagged and blindfolded in a closet. This is why you had to do all your formula work before you start drinking- alchemists did some amazingly stupid things while under the influence of their own experiments. Like Hobgoblins. Few people realize that hobgoblins are actually just goblins who were modified by some made elven alchemist millennia ago to kill his (or her) own kin. This realization had all kinds of implications. First, all goblins must think of themselves as unstoppable killing machines, 3 times their own size. And second, somewhere deep inside his brain, Cuzon had a green fairy just begging to be released. Cuzon gave an involuntary shudder at that thought.*

*Anard had used alchemy to boost his already lethal skills far beyond the capacity of any mere warrior. He was already a match for all but the most battle hardened of humans and dwarves. Without using any aids, Anard had easily bested 10 men with his feet chained and one eye blindfolded, while drunk. But the right potions applied properly had amplified those skills into something truly deadly to behold. The fact that Cuzon was charging into this battle with a paragon of death was comforting. After all, why fear death when he is on your side?*

And he was saying words at Cuzon. "Wait, what? Gnomes! Yes. Agreed. Hands, weapons. Hm. There's two of them, and two of us. I think they split up to force us to do the same- seperate us, I mean, then ambush us... seperately. They had hired thugs for thuggery, to try and thug us up before we could thug them down, all thug like. And gnomes are known for gnomeish trickery, so I would not be in the least bit surpised if we found trickery waiting for us. Ambush, I mean. Lets have a look."

I'll try another perception check for visuals- I do have low light vision. I'd like to focus on the non-armored one. Anything on him to indicate he is a caster?
[roll0]
This next roll is a bit more bizzare, but I'll give it a shot. An alchemist can make a craft-alchemy roll to identify potions. The bombs the gnomes are using must be alchemical in nature. Can I gain any knowlege about the explosives that had been used with a Craft-Alchemy check? I'd smell the bomb smoke and try to guess the dirivatives...

Craft-alchemy check- anything magic in the bombs?
[roll1]
A note on the Cuzon words- his effective wisdom is a 6, but he still has a high intelligence, hence the looney dialog.

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-11, 05:54 PM
Cuzon
You cannot make any finer details out about your marks than you already know/can assume.

The smoke from the explosions has a brimstone scent to it with hints of ammonia and one or two other chemicals you recognize

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-15, 09:49 AM
Anard

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 57 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place -

"Yes, well, as much as I hate the idea of being ambushed, I don't think we should let them get away - as it stands, I have no doubt that you could easily handle either of them, but my vote is you take the one without armor - my knowledge of things arcane and mysterious is limited at best."
*As he speaks, he steps slowly around the corner of the building, keeping an eye out for the little man, rabbiting among the shadows. It wouldn't do to be taken down by one so small. I'd ne'er hear the end of it...*

"If you've any better ideas, Cuzon, now would be the time to speak up. I fear that every second we spend here is another that our assailants speed away from us."

Galvain7
2011-08-15, 05:01 PM
"Well... alright then. Away we go!"

And with that I'll head off after the un-armored gnome.

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-16, 05:51 PM
Our two intrepid adventurers sprint off after their respective targets, easily gaining on the slow moving gnomes.

Cuzon
You chase after the unarmored gnome for about a hundred feet or so then he ducks down another alley way, disappearing from sight. You stand at the intersection looking down the ally way the little bugger went down and see him about 40 feet down the alley way

Anard
You give chase after the armored gnome and he too ducks down another alley. He is only about 20 feet away once you make it to the intersection.

Another round passes, so note that on any magical effects that might be in place.

Galvain7
2011-08-16, 11:42 PM
"I'm done chasing you," Cuzon mutters while drawing his crossbow left handed and withdrawing a vial from his belt with his right hand simutanously. He yanks the cork out with his teeth, violently spitting it onto the street, then downs the contencts of the vial and discards it.

Cuzon sights down the crossbow and releases the safety catch with his thumb. "I gave fair warning..." he mutters under his breath to console himself.

Free Action: Draw and Consume potion of True Strike from potion belt.
Free Action: Draw loaded crossbow.
Full Attack, on unarmored gnome.
Free Action: Reload Crossbow
Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-17, 04:21 PM
Anard

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 57 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place -
Cat's Grace - 26 rounds remaining
Bulls Strength - 27 rounds remaining

*His footsteps are light and fast, propelling his across the distance with a speed that shouldn't be possible for such a large man, his toes barely touching the ground with each step. As he comes around the corner, he has his shield up and at the ready - if there was a place for an ambush, this would likely be it. Anard braced himself for the impact of whatever projectile weapon the little man would have - it would hit, it would hit, so be it.*

*Scanning the alley quickly, he calls out, hoping to catch sight of the little man.*
"Come out now, and I give you my word that I will be accomodating, and will not harm you unduly."

So, how about a perception check
[roll0]

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-19, 08:59 PM
Cuzon
Your bolt strikes true, catching the pint sized evil doer right in the lung. He stumbles but manages to keep on his feet then ducks out of sight.

Anard
The gnome continues running and calls out an expletive in gnomish at you before disappearing out of sight around another corner.

Galvain7
2011-08-19, 09:43 PM
"You cheeky little monkey! I respect the fact that you can take a bolt in the back and still run, you profane pint-sized puntling, but this will end badly for you in the long run! Get it? 'Cause you're short! Yield or... perish!"

Free Action: Consume LAST (gasp) potion of true strike.
Full Round: Double Move to the Gnome's last known position.
Perception Check! Which way did he go?!
[roll0]

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-21, 10:32 AM
Anard

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 57 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place -
Cat's Grace - 25 rounds remaining
Bulls Strength - 26 rounds remaining

*His frustration was understandable, but Anard pressed forward, giving hot pusuit to the litle man, readying a dart to throw as he did. The gnome obviously had no intentions of giving up, but then again - how many lawbreakers ever did? It would be a difficult shot, but the next opportunity would find the small man with wounded leg, with any luck, and Anard would have some of his questions answered. Why the attack? What was the target? Who planned it? All needed answers.*

*Rounding the next corner, he scanned the area on the move, hoping to catch a glimpse of his quarry and let fly.*

Alright, well, let's do this again - maybe I'll get luckier this time -
Perception check -
[roll0]

And attack roll, should the opportunity present itself.
[roll1]
Damage -
[roll2] + [roll3]

And Crit, if needed
[roll4]
Damage -
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Goblinsplitter
2011-08-25, 12:48 AM
Cuzon
You make it to the gnomes last known location and you look down the alleyway he went down to be faced by two half-orcs and a half-ogre. The half-orcs open fire at our intrepid adventurer, one of the bullets biting deep into his stomach.

Anard
Anard rounds the corner and is met by a pair of half-orcs and a half ogre. Anard quickly lets loose with a dart, catching the half-ogre in the eye, it stumbles forward and falls at the feet of our other intrepid adventurer. The half-orcs fire in retort, one of the bullets catching him right in the chest.

Cuzon takes 8 damage and Anard takes a critical hit to the chest for 23... ouch

DueceEsMachine
2011-08-25, 01:44 AM
Anard

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 43 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place -
Cat's Grace - 24 rounds remaining
Bulls Strength - 25 rounds remaining

*As the bullet slams into his chest, Anard manages to turn slightly, letting his armor absorb a great deal of the blow, but still feeling the hot burn of the bullet as it sinks deep into his chest. That's going to be a problem... Fighting back most of a bloody cough, Anard screams in rage, letting loose two more bolts in rapid succession, determined to fell their assailants.*
"Is that the best you have? hahahah! It'll take a lot more than that to stop me you sorry escuses for men! Come at me!"

Alright, so, with rapid shot, deadeye shot an point blank shot (assuming they're withing 30 feet, I should get 2 attacks, +10 to hit, 1d8+9 damage each.

Attack 1 -
[roll0]
Damage -
[roll1] [roll2]

Attack 2 -
[roll3]
Damage -
[roll4] [roll5]

Attack 1 - crit confirmation
[roll6]
Damage -
[roll7] [roll8] [roll9]

Attack 1 - crit confirmation
[roll10]
Damage -
[roll11] [roll12] [roll13] Okay! That should do it...

Galvain7
2011-08-25, 02:00 AM
"GAH!", bellows Cuzon as the bullet strikes him square in the chest, impact staggering him for a moment.

"Well now, that's warm way to say hello! But I believe in always believe in payment in kind. So let me put some heat in your greeting, chums." Cuzon's lightning fast hands holster the crossbow and draw an entirely new weapon out of his bag.

Alright, I've been waiting for this. Bomb attack!
Free Action: Put away the crossbow, still loaded, on safe.
Standard action: Draw, create and throw bomb.

Attack Action, bomb, with the last True Strike potion. I am aiming at the half orge.
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Edit: What? I roll 3d6+4 and get 8?! Rank, absolutely rank! That's a 2 and two 1's! Sigh. :smallsigh:

In addition, both half-orcs will take 7 points of damage unless they can make a reflex save with a DC of 17, in which case they take only half.

For my move action however, I am running away, back around the corner of the alley I just rounded and I am going to make a hide check, because Anard isn't around to see my back stabbing behavior.
Stealth check:
[roll2]

Before dashing around the corner Cuzon lets out a laugh and a parting insult to the smoldering mercenaries: "Hahaha! I bet you were real impressed when your leash-holders did their bomb stunt. I'll tell you right now, they're amateurs compared to the **** I can pull. You better put me down in hurry, if you can (but I doubt it), or else you'll be sucking daisies from the bottom end of the ground."

DueceEsMachine
2011-09-01, 02:52 PM
Anard

Armor Class - 29
Initiative - 19
Hit Points - 43 / 57
Damage Reduction - 7/-
F - 10 R - 14 W - 9

Effects in place -
Cat's Grace - 25 rounds remaining
Bulls Strength - 25 rounds remaining

*His feet carrying him towards the enemies, even as he lets the long atlatl shafts fly, Anard wastes no time and with a flick of his wrist, a large metal chakram seems to come from nowhere, his arm already back in a throwing position, and he lets the razor-sharp circle of death fly, the hollow ring making a sickening whistle as it cuts through the air.*
"You had your chance! Meet your maker and send my regards!"

Alright, much simpler this time - only making one attack with his masterwork chakram, and it's a free action to draw, so no worries there.
Attack roll -
[roll0]

Damage -
[roll1]

And Crit Confirmation -
Attack roll -
[roll2]
Damage -
[roll3]
Edit: This dice roller hates me so much. :smallannoyed: