PDA

View Full Version : Out of character before of the character.

martianmister
2011-07-31, 07:48 PM
As all other stories in the world, OotS is full with character developments (and at some point exaggerations). When you re-read the first strips, some parts of these proto-oots members are (in some ways) very different from their future personalities. And they gave me very different impressions:

Belkar: Incompetent but very serious, in these first strips his evil tendencies is not fully revealed.

Vaarsuvius: There is more focus on his dramatic side ("our fates are intertwined", "a most grave conundrum you faced", etc.). Also he is less serious and more "happy"...

What do you think?

Esprit15
2011-07-31, 09:01 PM
Roy did seem to be a bit dimmer in the early strips, and I agree with you on your two points.

EDIT: Though where was V ever more happy?

teratorn
2011-07-31, 09:24 PM
Belkar: Incompetent but very serious, in these first strips his evil tendencies is not fully revealed.

Belkar is revealed as evil in strip #10, in strip #14 we know Roy views him as a not to be trusted murderer. There's not much room for reveal if much of what they're doing is running from enemies.

Characters were revealed relatively fast as story progressed considering it was done through their actions, not by some sort of exposure.

martianmister
2011-08-01, 04:07 PM
Belkar is revealed as evil in strip #10, in strip #14 we know Roy views him as a not to be trusted murderer.

Yeah I know that...

There's not much room for reveal if much of what they're doing is running from enemies.Characters were revealed relatively fast as story progressed considering it was done through their actions, not by some sort of exposure.

I don't think so. Rich already revealed his angry nature in these strips, and he could make him eviler if he wanted. Also this strip.
(http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0008.html)

hamishspence
2011-08-01, 04:15 PM
EDIT: Though where was V ever more happy?

Maybe this one:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0020.html

"I love the smell of bat guano in the morning. Smells like ... victory".