PDA

View Full Version : Base classes with general bonus feats?

gomipile
2011-08-01, 04:33 PM
Which base classes get bonus feats which can be used for any feat at all which the character qualifies for? Other than the generic base classes in Unearthed Arcana, of course.

Big Fau
2011-08-01, 04:38 PM
I think the Rogue is it.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-08-01, 04:49 PM
AFAIK even feat rogue is resticted to fighter feats or am I wrong?

Urpriest
2011-08-01, 04:52 PM

They're thinking about the rogue special ability.

Anyway, Marshal gets one if they already have Skill Focus(Diplomacy). Can Factotum steal them from the Generic classes with its level 19 ability?

Piggy Knowles
2011-08-01, 04:52 PM

The feat rogue is indeed restricted to fighter feats. However, I think he means the rogue Special Ability (gained at levels 10/13/16/19), which can be used to take any feat that the rogue qualifies for.

Jude_H
2011-08-01, 04:58 PM
From Surreal's lists of stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff):

Bonus Feats - (selectable)
Human Paragon 2, Unearthed Arcana, any
Marshall 1, Miniatures Handbook, if you already have Skill Focus (diplomacy), any

Some of the later books had more of the 'if you already have X, gain another feat of your choice'-style bonus feats, which tend to play nicely with magical locations like those in Complete Scoundrel.

Edit:
This is missing Half-Elf Paragon 1, Void Disciple's temporary feat ability, and probably more.

Edit2:
Base classes. Right. Trimmed.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-08-01, 05:08 PM
They're thinking about the rogue special ability.

Anyway, Marshal gets one if they already have Skill Focus(Diplomacy). Can Factotum steal them from the Generic classes with its level 19 ability?

Ah iI see. ok then.

dextercorvia
2011-08-01, 06:03 PM
The dragonblooded orc variety gives Endurance, but allows you to pick another [any if qualified for] feat whenever a class would give it too you.