PDA

View Full Version : AvB - The Inns and Outs

Monodominant
2011-08-02, 01:09 AM
DM, Rizban and Lokio only... or you will be sent where puns go to die!

It is all very hush hush and silent... great plotting is afoot!

Rizban
2011-08-02, 01:19 AM
Hagan leads Perry into that most secretive of places within the shop... the elusive back room. While the front room is one large mundane and magical workshop with a counter stuck right in front of the door for customers, both to serve them and keep them away from the dangerous work being done, the back room is completely different.

Indeed, it is filled with shelves of various components, bits of metal, a small pile of wood, another of leather, several bolts of cloth, and other bits of materials needed for all the items crafted here. Indeed, it's little more than a storage closet. No wonder he doesn't let anyone back here.

Pointing to a crate, Hagan motions for him to sit while he plops down on what looks like a rolled up rug.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

Lokio
2011-08-02, 01:24 AM
"I'm thinking of a business venture, here in Midtown. And I think you might be just the man to be a partner in this business."

Perry sits down and smiles. "It's good to finally get a chance to talk to you, mate. Been busy of late and I'm sure you've been the same! I'll cut to the chase: I'm thinking about starting an inn, here in the Plaza, to rival the Sad Flint. And I'm thinking about offering some services other than booze and decently priced, moderately upscale rooms."

"What I would like to do is offer spaces that are completely protected from scrying for meetings, storage spaces for rent, that sort of thing. Make a real place for adventuring types to set up shop on a longer term. I'm completely open to ideas on it... but I think that's something you might be particularly good at. I propose a 50/50 split in costs and ownership, where your contributions can include the cost of the magic needed to set these sorts of extra things up. It'll need magical defenses of course... but, I am a Watch detective by trade. Those defenses would need to be non-lethal."

"Thoughts?"

Monodominant
2011-08-02, 01:27 AM
Sorry to butt in but...

As Perry starts talking about the details of what is after the guarded double doors in the Sad Flint he realises his memories are either muddled or somehow fogged.

He does remember he got a job there, he does remember there were employers but the details about extradimensional spaces and the precise workings of finding employment evade him.

Lokio
2011-08-02, 01:34 AM
OOC: Whoops -- allow a retcon? Was tryin to keep as vague as possible so as to not violate the signed agreement.

Perry will describe only that he knows jobs are available there, and he personally suggests private spaces for meetings generally. How they go about doing that will require discussion.

Monodominant
2011-08-02, 01:46 AM
No worries, feel free to carry on. I just wanted to point it out. Feel free to ret con. As I said its not the whole scene there that is forgotten but rather the details after entering and after signing the -non disclosure agreement-.

Lokio
2011-08-02, 01:48 AM
KK perfect. I edited it out. Perry and Hagan can figure it out on their own.

Rizban
2011-08-02, 02:27 AM
"Hmmm... It seems ambitious. A bit too ambitious, if you ask me.

I like it. What is it that you really propose? I'll need some details before I can agree to anything."

Lokio
2011-08-02, 02:38 AM
"Well, what I'm thinking for structure is a medium-sized inn with a tavern. There are a number in Midtown, I understand, and the Plaza in particular. We set it up, I pay the mortgage and sign my name to the place. You do an equal amount of magical setup combined with enough gold to make up a 50 percent ownership share."

"Within this inn, beyond the usual rooms and alehouse, in the back and basement, we set up several sets of extraplanar spaces and rooms. If you wanted more space for your shop, for example, we could set that up in there. We set up a couple of rooms that are completely locked down from scrying. In fact, if it were possible, I'd like to make the entire inn safe from that -- people will pay to know that their business is being kept safe. Those rooms, for example, would be available for rent at a premium as meeting spaces. We could even invite a vendor of potions and wands to set up shop in an extraplanar space (really brings the business right to our doorstep), or invite people who need adventurers for work to hold meetings with those adventurers -- all for a percentage or flat fee."

"For you and I, the day-to-day beyond the initial setup will not be that onerous. We'll hire the usual staff, and I have a man who I think could be a particularly decent manager for the front-side stuff. He's a guardman, and he's got a good eye and ear that'll pick up information of use."

"In short, inn, tavern, extraplanar spaces for various purposes. Peacebonded, with non-lethal traps set up to defend against aggressors and to defend the staff and us. I'm open to your ideas -- we're going to be partners in this if this happens. I do not know all of the magical capabilities -- that's your area of expertise. And I suspect you've got a bunch of insights into business-running in this city."

"It'll also be a good thing for us - we advertise Erbauers there, Erbauers advertises the inn, we generate business among the adventuring community and bring some of these folks together, for the good of Aldhaven... and our wallets." He winks at that last bit, a smile on his face.

Rizban
2011-08-02, 03:56 AM
"But I already have a shop... And I worked really hard to earn it too. I'm not too keen on just giving it up.

I don't particularly need more space... I can barely keep up with orders as it is, and I have several major projects going as well. Some of these scry block things and all I'm not even sure if I could do. I'd have to research all of that, and I don't know if I have the time with what I've already got going. I have a huge deadline in two days that might keep me busy for years after... I just don't know.

I mean, it sounds like a good idea, but there's just too much up in the air right now. I just don't see how I could fit it into my schedule and make it work. There's too much to consider, too much to do, and I'm already overburdened as it is."

Lokio
2011-08-02, 04:02 AM
"Well, I'm definately not asking you to give it up. What I'm suggesting is some work that will generate you fifty percent of the profits on a new place without you having to even really set foot in it after it's up and running."

"And there's no rush. We set up the magic part over a few weeks. I am happy to handle the setup, hiring, etc for the main inn. All you'll have to do is the magic over a few weeks. And we can hire people to help you, if that'll help with the timing."

"If you'd rather not, that's okay. You definately have time to think about it. I just thought I'd bring it up before I go seek financing so that I know what I need to ask for. There's always other adventures, if you're not inclined. I know of one that may be of particular interest to you, if you enjoy planar anomolies."

Rizban
2011-08-02, 04:13 AM
"Messing around with extradimensional space... That's part of what has me worried. I don't like it. For storing things, yeah, it's great, but things get lost sometimes. Things can be replaced, I can't.

Really though, it sounds like a great idea, and I'm not opposed to it. I'm just not sure how I can be of much help."

He reaches into a box and pulls out a small, flat green crystal.

"Here, take this. You stick it to your temple, right here." He points to his own temple to show you. "Then anytime you want to talk to me, just picture me in your mind and will for us to talk. It'll contact me, and if I'm available for a few minutes, I'll answer. It links up purely on mental contact, but you still have to speak for me to hear anything once the connection is established. It has to be worn to function though, so if you take it off, we can't communicate.

Oh, and another thing... it unfortunately won't work for another two days when I have the system up and running. It's useless until then, but it can't be helped."

Lokio
2011-08-02, 04:19 AM
Perry smiles. "Thanks, man! I have no doubt we'll be in touch. As for the inn, why don't you take a couple of days to think about it? Even if you just backed it financially, that would work too. But if you did some research even on traps and anti-scrying to determine what you're able to make happen, that would be great. I really am passionate about making this business happen. A good inn in this city is where all the adventure happens, and the intelligence is gathered, and the drinks are drank. You know what I mean?"

He affixes the crystal to his dome.

"If you're interested, I have made a promise to a particular shadow horse that I would save a friend of his. He's stuck in a place where the ethereal plane, material plane and plane of shadows meets... and there's stuff there that I really could use a mage's help to fight and understand. If you have time shortly and are up for a 50/50 split of cash and for me to owe you one, I'd love to have you along."

Rizban
2011-08-02, 03:28 PM
"Well, I'll think about the inn. I do know a few traps, but the rest would need time and research. I'll look into it as much as I can.

As to the adventure, it sounds like fun. When were you thinking about doing that?"

Lokio
2011-08-02, 03:30 PM
"Thanks, mate."

"Well, the thing is, we could go any time. Sooner the better. It's a promise I made to a friend who has helped me out a lot since I met him. I have all day today, and the day after tomorrow. If you have time today, we could go to it. I know the location, it'sj ust a matter of solving the puzzle and taking out the beasties that are there."

Rizban
2011-08-02, 03:32 PM
Hagan pulls out a pocket watch the check the time. (DM?)

"Well, I'll have to make sure I leave things in order here before I go, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem to go this afternoon."

Lokio
2011-08-02, 03:35 PM
Perry nods emphatically. "Then we'll be happy to meet you later today. What time would be good?"

"Oh, before we go. I need to explain how the place works." Perry explains that using an orb of daylight and darkness shifts them between places in the mansion to the equivalent places on the Plane of Shadows and the Ethereal Plane. He has both orbs and is very familiar with their use, and will protect them using the orbs. The place is a puzzle.

Nih'Hinata! A mage by the name of Hagan has agreed to help us find your friend today! What great news! (<---- telepathic chat with the ecilypse)

planswalker
2011-08-02, 03:39 PM
It's 3pm.

Really? What did you have to do to convince him? Beat him up and publicly shame him? There is a hint of wit in the tone, with an undertone of slight mockery.

Lokio
2011-08-02, 04:50 PM
*laughs* No, I asked him nicely. He didn't try to put a hoof through me, though. Nih'Hinata can hear the jest in Perry's thoughts.

"We'll probably want to hit this place while it's light. Presuming it's still summer, we've got several hours of daylight and it's not far off. I'll let you finish up what you need to do and we can head out. Thank you, Hagan."

Rizban
2011-08-03, 12:49 AM
"Alright, tell me where to meet, and I'll meet you there in about an hour. I'll try to be early though. I just need to finish up a few things here, make sure things can run without me the rest of the day."

Lokio
2011-08-03, 12:52 AM
Perry says, "I'll meet you here in an hour. If you have a way to fly, it'd speed up our travel time. Don't blow a spell on it though."

Perry heads out for an hour. When Hagan is ready (in an hours time), he returns, summoning Nih'Hinata.

Are you ready, friend? I'm gathering our mage now. 'Tis time to save your friend.

When he sees Hagan, he says, "Hi! Ready to go? By the by... those items I ordered. Are they ongoing or are they complete?"

Rizban
2011-08-03, 01:37 AM
"Oh, they were ready yesterday... You didn't actually pick them up, so... I'll get them for you now."

Hagan retrieves the items and gives them to him.

Lokio
2011-08-03, 01:42 AM
Perry equips his dragon mask, bracers of blinding strike and cloak of shadows.

"Thanks, mate. When the ecilypse arrives, we'll be off."

planswalker
2011-08-03, 01:53 AM
The ecalypse arrives.

Are you two ready?

Lokio
2011-08-03, 01:57 AM
"Hagan, meet Nih'Hinata, a free stallion of the Ebon Herd of the Plane of Shadows. Nih'Hinata, this is Hagan, a wizard of great power and a master craftsman of items. He has agreed to come help us to free your herdmate."

If Hagan is ready, he leads them to the mansion, matching whatever speed Hagan moves at.

Rizban
2011-08-03, 02:00 AM
Hagan follows them at fly 60 (good)...

planswalker
2011-08-03, 02:05 AM
The two arrive outside the large, crumbling estate. From the outside, it looks so normal...

Lokio
2011-08-03, 02:07 AM
Perry does a flyover beside the mage to give him a sense of the exterior layout. "Okay, Hagan. I've explained some of this place, but basically, it's a split-section of three planes: the material, the ethereal and the Shadow. What we're looking to do is free an ecalypse like Nih'Hinata here. There are a lot of things that are either incorporeal or reliant on shadow to conceal themselves. To cancel this, I have an orb of daylight in one pocket. I have an orb of deeper darkness in the other. These orbs, in this building, will transport us from one plane to another. We can use ethereal to get through some stuff, and need to be in the Shadow for others. I'll cover us using them appropriately. I've seen shadow mastiffs in here, as well as ethereal filchers, marauders and greater shadows in the Plane of Shadows. I'd bet there'll be a bonus from the guy who owns this place if we can solve why these three planes are linked here.... but that's not the primary objective."

"Nih'Hinata, do you know where in the building your friend was trapped?"

planswalker
2011-08-03, 02:14 AM
I was unable to locate him. Remember, my magic finds places, not people or things.

Lokio
2011-08-03, 02:17 AM
"Okay. Then lets head to the front and go in. The last time I was here, I went into the basement, in the Plane of Shadows to grab a disc. Three greater shadows were down there. There may also be other options of directions to take, but that seems pretty logical to continue past where I was stopped."

Perry leads them to the front. "Be careful. There may be dogs, and their howl may terrify you."

"Nih'Hinata, can you use your find the path abilities to essentially map out the place? Top floor, middle floor, basement, et cetera?"

When Hagan is ready, he pulls out his polearm, goes incorporeal and leads the way in with his new ghost touch powers, a strike ready if an enemy comes into range.

Lokio
2011-08-03, 04:46 AM
Keep an eye open, my friend. Let me know if you see anything.

Perry's scouting rolls if no buffs are coming from the mage.
Move silently - none required. Incorporeal creatures make no sound.
Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Nih'Hinata scouting rolls:
Listen [roll2]
Spot [roll3]

planswalker
2011-08-03, 11:52 AM
The horse pauses about ten feet in and says, I cannot tell what, but something is moving in here.

Lokio
2011-08-03, 01:15 PM
Perry whispers to Hagan, "Something's moving..."

Direction?

Perry uses a swift action to see invisibility for five minutes using his Dragon Mask. Both he and Nih'Hinata ready actions to attack when an opponent comes into range.

planswalker
2011-08-03, 02:35 PM
can't tell.

Lokio
2011-08-03, 03:02 PM
Gonna wait for Rizban so we don't get too ahead - I left a space before going in to allow him to buff up if he wanted to.

Lokio
2011-08-05, 03:07 AM
Perry answers the call.

Hagan, interesting timing, my friend. What's up?

Our horse-gathering is on hold while the raid happens.

Rizban
2011-08-05, 03:51 AM
Not much, Perry. I just got some really cool new toys and kind of wanted to try them out. You up for that adventure we were discussing yesterday?

Lokio
2011-08-05, 03:56 AM
Hagan, I'm... well, listen. There's a guy here. His name is Ishmael. He's got letters of marque, but he's connected to the Skulks and all kinds of gangs. He's IN THE MIDDLE of leading us on a raid to destroy the Jacks.

If you want to come, he's said we could use an arcane caster. We've run into some snags that we could really use your wizardly power for. We each get a magic item off each mob (or the appropriate share) and a share of the bounty. I think it's 15 or 20% if you came. Our objective is to knock out as many Jacks as we can, and take the Nightman, who is one of their leaders alive. It's going to be dangerous as hell.

He will tell you more if you decide you want to come. While I don't trust his long-term game, I think the destruction of the Jacks is a good idea. And if you want to get some credit with the Watch for assisting a detective on a mission... I'll be happy to introduce you to Captain Herrman.

Rizban
2011-08-05, 04:02 AM
What are the Jacks?

Lokio
2011-08-05, 04:06 AM
They are an incredibly dangerous gang. They run the entire criminal underworld. Ishmael has made an alliance with all the OTHER gangs to destroy the Jacks' empire... and replace it with some kind of regulated criminal alliance that only does 'registered' crime. He's crazy, Hagan. He's evil. But he's less evil than these people, and my mission is authorized by the Captain of the Watch, though none of these people know that and they MUST NOT know. They think I'm a sleazy mercenary.

Rizban
2011-08-05, 04:09 AM
Okay, I'm in. Let's light these Jacks (http://listsoplenty.com/pix/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/jack-o-lantern-1.jpg) up and make their silly grins glow.

Where do I meet you?

Lokio
2011-08-05, 04:26 AM
There's a house in the mage quarter. Please do not blow my cover.

Perry describes the location and has Hagan join them. (OOC: Teamup thread is Shadowy Connections)

Rizban
2011-08-05, 07:08 AM
This guy Ishmael... He says I crafted his gear, and I do recognize some of it, but I've never seen him before. His voice is familiar though, so he must be wearing a disguise. How intriguing.

Lokio
2011-08-05, 08:50 AM
He's definately disguised. Do you have any way of piercing it to see what he actually looks like? I'd be most interested in knowing... nobody seems to know who this red-headed youth is, but that's because he's not actually a red-headed youth. I just don't know what he really is, aside from a deadly assassin.

How many Rings of Invisibility have you done lately? He's spamming one like it's going out of style. He also has a bunch of different thieves kits for opening locks and disarming traps that I've seen...

Lokio
2011-08-16, 01:18 AM
Did you ever determine how many Rings of Invisibility you've made lately? I'm still curious to know who this Ishmael is.

Rizban
2011-08-16, 01:23 AM
Yeah, that's all stuff I've made. I know who he is. Don't worry about him.

'e's 'armless.[/cockney]

Lokio
2011-08-16, 04:40 AM
Yeah, he's not. He's a bad dude. He's got some mighty powerful mages who scry on any old mercenary -- and you know what I do for a living. He has suspicions about me. He just tried to take a sample of my hair to make scrying on me incredibly easy.

Be careful, mate. I don't trust Ishmael... at all. My life depends on it.

Rizban
2011-08-17, 12:11 AM
Nah, he's a muzzled dog. His masters may let him out at times, but he's not that big of a deal. Why not just arrest him after this? Seems a simple, legal solution.

Lokio
2011-08-18, 01:09 AM
I would if I could, mate. Trust me, I've already thought of it. But the thing is, while he'll admit he's an assassin and a criminal, I've got nothing to charge him with... and multiple homicide from this Jacks mission won't work, because he's got letters of marque from Duchess Yomei to do this job. If I arrested him, my cover would be blown.... and he would walk free. Then he would almost certainly be trying to kill me.

Rizban
2011-08-18, 02:18 AM
Well, he doesn't seem too observant, so just tail him awhile. I'm sure you'll dig something up on him without too much issue.

Lokio
2011-08-18, 02:49 AM
Heh, I like the way you think, mate. Looking forward to this being over so we can get back to things like making an inn and saving a horse... and by the by, I like those arms of yours and kind of want some myself.

Rizban
2011-08-18, 05:25 AM
I've still got the blade. I can have your arms off in no time.

Lokio
2011-08-19, 01:43 AM
Heh... uhh... well, I guess that was to be expected. Do you use anesthesia and a surgical team? Because cutting my arms off would be pretty painful otherwise... and I'd rather not bleed out.

Rizban
2011-08-19, 02:31 AM
Nope. I found the process far too interesting to dull my perception with those kinds of things. My nymph friend helped me sever the joint.

Lokio
2011-08-19, 02:58 AM
Heh... your pain tolerance is fantastic, sir. We'll talk about it later. I'd need a battlefist, of course.

Rizban
2011-08-25, 06:33 PM
Ohh... Battlefist. I hadn't even considered that.

Lokio
2011-08-29, 01:14 AM
Riz hears the sound of fighting through the line, but Perry says, Right now, as I beat this creature's face in with my fists, I wish I had a battlefist.

Rizban
2011-09-13, 01:14 PM
Is this over yet? I've really got some stuff I want to finish making at home, and, well, adventuring isn't really turning out to be my thing... He says as he blasts five of the guards.

Lokio
2011-09-13, 01:16 PM
Yeah, thanks-- he says as he takes the dagger in the chest. He grunts, then lashes out at the thrower, dropping him to the ground before flurrying off a set of quick blows and knocking down all the casters. --for coming. I happen to be a big fan of you having come with us.

Rizban
2011-09-18, 03:39 PM
I don't know what's going on exactly... but you might want to stay off the floor...

Lokio
2011-09-18, 03:56 PM
Sh*t. Get these guys off me so I can take a potion!

Rizban
2011-09-18, 03:59 PM
Okay, I guess I can zot a few.

Lokio
2011-09-22, 05:50 PM
I'm throwing the poison now! Cover my back -- Ishmael may attack! If he does, please, bring him down!

Riz, a readied action to shoot him if he attacks me with your will-save one shot kill would be good.

Rizban
2011-09-23, 01:57 AM
You idiot! I was going to keep that bag and use it for anyone who assaulted me in the future. Do you have any idea how expensive those bags are and how hard it is to come by good, strong poisons?! Think of the thousands of gold you just wasted! UGH!

Hagan is very mad right now.

Lokio
2011-09-23, 02:10 AM
Use some psychic power and scoop it back into the bag! It'll take you like two seconds... and didn't they just try to blow your head off?!

We can always dunk the damn thing in the river. Sorry, man... but those two were powerful enough to kill us without much trouble. And I don't know about you, but all my defenses are expended.

@Plans only
PLANS: If the Nightman and his buddy are down, Perry has a readied action to pre-emptive strike Ishmael if he goes to attack me. Remember - I can see him invisible, and I'm now keeping an eye on him if it's all over. So he's not gonna do some sneak manouever.

That strike will end in a grapple, which means he won't be attacking that round.

Rizban
2011-09-23, 05:02 AM
Hagan readies a free action to pout since Perry was supposed to wrestle the Nightman into the bag and close it.

Lokio
2011-09-23, 09:08 AM
I see you pouting. There weren't two high power mages when we first planned it. AOE attacks became in order, Hagan.

Lokio
2011-09-24, 12:27 PM
Well, that was unfortunate... But there's no way I could ever let these poisons hit the streets. And Ish would want his cut. I know, dealing with a cop is always such a pain, but then again, that amount of poisons on the street or in the hands of the Skulks could be very, very bad for the city.

Rizban
2011-09-24, 09:11 PM
I wasn't going to sell them! What kind of man do you think I am?! There are many uses for poison! Do you have any idea what kinds of rare magical reagents can be harvested from them when reduced to their base components?! No, of course not.

Lokio
2011-09-24, 09:20 PM
Its not you I worry about, Hagan. Its Ishmael. And he's entitled to his share. Which is not going to be used legally.

By the by... If we find us aa warforged, how do we get the grafting material?

Rizban
2011-09-24, 09:21 PM
By salvaging the components from the construct, just as you would any magical device. He sounds slightly confused as slightly condescending at the same time.

Lokio
2011-09-24, 09:26 PM
I'm no crafter, but that guy was strangely immune to gallons of poison. If he's a forged, think of all the work we could do...

Rizban
2011-09-24, 09:39 PM
It's not that difficult to become immune to poison. I'm pretty sure there are like three or four spells and several types of items and potions that could do it.

Lokio
2011-09-25, 12:07 AM
You know what? I can't wait for this to end. I've got some fantastic inn ideas to discuss with you. We're going to make so much money it'll be stupid.

Rizban
2011-09-25, 11:32 PM
Skulks a dozen of them

Lokio
2011-09-25, 11:33 PM
She-it. How are we getting out of this?

Rizban
2011-09-25, 11:34 PM
Dunno...fgyhuisdert6y7u8ioikjhgtfre4r56y7u8i9okijh g

Lokio
2011-09-25, 11:41 PM
Nightman hostage?

PLANSWALKER:

@Plans only - important

AC is 34. READIED ACTION ON ANY AGGRESSION OR SIGN OF ATTACK FROM ANY SKULK OR ISHMAEL- grab the Nightman's unconscious form and use him as a human shield, threatening to kill him as a hostage. He will grab the Warforged as well.

planswalker
2011-09-26, 12:12 AM
that's 2 move actions and a standard action. You cannot actually prepare more than one of those as a readied action.

Lokio
2011-09-26, 12:16 AM
Okay. It'll be just to grab the Nightman as a hostage and threaten verbally as a free action.

Lokio
2011-09-26, 12:56 AM
Well done, mate. Let's go make an inn and graft some metal bits to ourselves, shall we?

I need to go to the Fortress and meet with the Captain. But after that, we'll talk. What's next on your plan?

EQUIPMENT CHANGE:

Perry changes shirts from Ghost Shroud to Vest of Freedom of Movement for the trip... just in case.

Lokio
2011-09-27, 12:17 PM
In the morning, Perry calls Hagan. "Hey buddy. Could you please call when you know what's in the loot pile? I figuure if there's a monks belt or something useful in there I could use I'll call it in. I have to do detective training for a week but I'll try to stop in on a break."

"Also, I have a citizenship hearing. Captain Herrman is going to vouch for me but I need one more. I would be honoured if you would speak on my behalf."

Rizban
2011-09-27, 04:36 PM
Okay.fillers

Lokio
2011-09-27, 04:53 PM
Thanks, mate. Will let you know when and where. The Captain is accellerating the paperwork.

Lokio
2011-10-02, 01:23 PM
Hey bud. The hearing for my citizenship is in two days at the Courthouse.

Rizban
2011-10-02, 09:21 PM
Okay......................

Lokio
2011-10-03, 03:25 AM
Hagan, what would a suit of +1 Glamoured Greater Blurring Displacement Mithril Full Plate with standard 50g spikes cost? I'm thinking it's time for a bit of an armour upgrade to reflect my new position... my armour is neither strong nor subtle enough.

Also a +1 Animated Tower Shield would be great.

+5 Mithril Full Plate plus Glamoured is a base cost of 40kg. The shield's base cost is 9k.

Rizban
2011-10-03, 05:04 AM
The communications crystal line is suddenly flooded with mathematical calculations and arcane formulae which completely overwhelm your senses.

After your mind clears, you hear 14,000 and 4,400 respectively.

Lokio
2011-10-03, 11:43 AM
Perry is impressed at how cheaply the armor comes.

Wow. That's impressive. How much store credit do we have coming?

Let me know also when you have time to... upgrade my arms and body with parts from our friend.

OOC: How does store credit work when it's all gear that you helped earn as Hagan? Does he still take a big cut?

Rizban
2011-10-03, 04:21 PM
You'll be getting approximately 60% of the item's value in store credit and getting the armor for around 50% off market price. I think that's more than fair.

Lokio
2011-10-03, 04:23 PM
Sounds great. No complaints at all. Let me know the amount of store credit and I'll see if I need to wrangle up any more cash based on that.

Rizban
2011-10-03, 05:26 PM
Your post is invisible.

Okay, read it, and it doesn't need an IC reply.

Lokio
2011-10-03, 05:51 PM
Perry places the order for both items if his store credit is sufficient to cover it.

"Also, how's your time these days? We looking good to do some grafting at any point? If I can be of any use to you in taking care of yours, I'd be happy to help."

Lokio
2011-10-03, 06:31 PM
Price Check:
+1 Glamoured Greater Blurring Displacement Mithril Full Plate (+4 Glamoured Full Plate)
+1 Animated Moderate Fortification Tower Shield (+5 Tower Shield)
+1 Battlefoot (+1 weapon) with levitation attachment (boots of levitate) and crystal of lesser energy
Figurine of Griffon upgraded for more uses
Gloves of the Balanced Hand with +2 Dex
Monk's Belt with +2 Str
Addition of +10 Spot to my dragon mask.
Adding +3 Resistance to my vest of freedom of movement (which I have).
Adding Invisibility to my Fanged Ring (which I have).
Adding Resist Energy 10 (fire) as immediate action to cloak (Cloak of Energy Resistance from Miniatures Handbook - 1k base)

(Any costs for all of the warforged grafts aside from adamantine body since I have a body to do it with?)

For the purposes of my info:
Let me know what a +2 belt of str, a +2 gloves of dex, and a +1 displacement breastplate is worth in trade-in. Those things will help offset some cost.

Rizban
2011-10-05, 10:17 PM
Price Check:
+1 Glamoured Greater Blurring Displacement Mithril Full Plate (+4 Glamoured Full Plate)

+1 Animated Moderate Fortification Tower Shield (+5 Tower Shield)

+1 Battlefoot (+1 weapon) with levitation attachment (boots of levitate)

crystal of lesser energy

Figurine of Griffon upgraded for more uses
How many uses?

Gloves of the Balanced Hand with +2 Dex

Monk's Belt with +2 Str

Addition of +10 Spot to my dragon mask.

Adding +3 Resistance to my vest of freedom of movement (which I have).

Adding Invisibility to my Fanged Ring (which I have).

Adding Resist Energy 10 (fire) as immediate action to cloak (Cloak of
Energy Resistance from Miniatures Handbook - 1k base)
750 if it's the only thing on the cloak.
1100 if you're adding it to an existing cloak with other effects

(Any costs for all of the warforged grafts aside from adamantine body since I have a body to do it with?)
I'll have to figure those out later, but yes, there will be some cost included.

For the purposes of my info:
Let me know what a +2 belt of str, a +2 gloves of dex,
2400 each
and a +1 displacement breastplate is worth in trade-in. Those things will help offset some cost.
2200gp

Lokio
2011-10-05, 11:33 PM
I will order the following:

+1 Glamoured Displacement Blurring Mithril Full Plate (17000)
+1 Animated Tower Shield (4500 as per last price check)
+1 Battlefoot (2500)
Crystal of lesser energy (acid) (2000)
Monks Belt with +2 Str (9500)
+5 Spot on my dragon mask (2500)
+3 Resistance on my vest of freedom of movement (6500)
10 Resist Fire on my shadow cloak (1100)
---------

I will also order the four surgeries that that body can do for me... whenever you're available to do them. Doing the legs at least sooner rather than later would be nice so I can actually use the battlefoot - the others can wait. And can you write 'Serious Business' along the side of the foot in some sort of awesome black paint? I feel like that's a good warning to evildoers.

Perry will bring in the items as needed for modification and pays Hagan through trade-ins from the Shadowy Connections mission.

The rest of the money will go toward my inn somehow.

(Note Perry is owed 8k gold for releasing Nih'Hinata (that is, my money back) as per my deal with Plans for to get rid of the horse. At some point we'll want to add that to the mix. That'll probably go toward the inn too.)

Lokio
2011-10-06, 01:03 AM
The calculation needed:

112876.17 total in gold value of loot.

45600g required in store credit - 4800g in trade in from two old items = 40800g store credit needed.

So x * (the percentage of value I get in store credit for trading in to you) = 40800g... solve for X. Please tell me X.

Once I know X, I will take 112876.17 - X and that will give me the amount of gold value worth of items I am keeping instead of turning in. I will put those items in the bank and use that money to put toward the Inn.

That should solve the problem from earlier.

------

Anyway, beyond this gear, I suspect the majority of my money is going to be going toward things like acquiring influence, land, that sort of thing. The fact is, at 7d6+7 damage on 6-7 swings a round, combat challenges are sort of moot. I know you and Nate are both sort of at a loss about what to do with that... and to be honest, even at my usual damage and survivability prior to these boosts from gear, either I'm DEAD (super dead, very very dead) or winning.

I know DMing a powergamer with an optimized character is not easy and I'm a pretty demanding player, so I really appreciate you picking me up. I've built my power base so Perry isn't just a meal to some other PC.

I spoke with Nate earlier and he basically said it was pretty tough to challenge my character based on his mechanics. If it would be easier if I played something less powerful, let me know...

If it helps, my goals are more political in nature. I'm going to try to move toward political/investigative challenges rather than combat, if that's something that's interesting to you.

Lokio
2011-10-10, 12:52 PM
Since a couple of days have passed, Perry asks, How's the crafting coming along? You never did mention how long thiis would take.

Rizban
2011-10-11, 02:27 AM
"It's going to take 7 days to get everything finished.

Payment is going to be:
+2 throwing returning dagger
+2 studded leather armor of fire resistance, least
2 potions of Cure Critical Wounds
ring of protection +2
boots of elvenkind + striding and springing
Wand of Knock 22 charges"

That leaves you with:
Figurine of wondrous power, bronze griffon
Wand of Dimension Door 34 charges
Wand of Daylight 12 charges
Wand of Magic Missile (7th) 27 charges
Wand of Suggestion 22 charges
Wand of Bull's Strength 18 charges
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds 24 charges
Arcane Scroll of 3rd - Phantom Steed

Lokio
2011-10-11, 02:38 AM
Thanks bud. I'll swing by soon to pick up that gear and bank it. We'll talk about the inn sometime soon too...

By the way, just a reminder -- my citizenship hearing is today. If you could attend the Court at noon, that would be wonderful.

Rizban
2011-10-11, 02:54 AM
"Ah, wait, I forgot about the graft. To cover those costs, I'll also need the Wand of Dimension Door 34 charges. That should put us square on everything."

Lokio
2011-10-11, 03:25 AM
Sounds fair. Please prepare the graft. I'll be in once training ends for the procedure.

Lokio
2011-10-21, 06:45 PM
Perry says, Hagan! A judge was just kidnapped by the Blue Hand Clan Khan... will you help me to recover him?

Rizban
2011-11-06, 03:50 AM
Graft is applied without problems.

"I'm sorry, but business has really taken off lately, and I just don't have the time for those kinds of things anymore. I'd like to help, really, I just have so many others depending on me for things that I can't just walk away."

Lokio
2011-11-06, 08:15 PM
That's okay, mate. I think I have this under control... we'll need to meet soon about the inn. But first, I have a city to save.

Rizban
2011-11-07, 06:00 PM
"That sounds fine."