PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Spawn Oracle? (Pathfinder)

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-02, 01:22 AM
Using the Pathfinder rules, a player in our group wants to run a Vampire Spawn Oracle with the Life mystery... (he has a thing for vampires).

Although I don't see anything in the rules to specifically deny this, it just seems like something could be broken here (ie, the Energy Body revelation of the Life Oracle on an Undead creature resulting in an Undead with the Elemental sub-type that deals positive energy damage).

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks!

Darthteej
2011-08-02, 01:51 AM
Vampire Spawn is ECL what now?

That should be part of your solution, at least.

ImperatorK
2011-08-02, 01:54 AM
Vampire spawn is a 4 HD undead, slightly more powerful then a wight, but with vampire weaknesses.

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-02, 02:00 AM
Vampire Spawn is ECL what now?

That should be part of your solution, at least.

In the core Pathfinder rules a standard Vampire Spawn is listed as CR 4, which I believe equates to 4th level as a character. (Vampire itself is now a Template that adds +2 CR.) I think Pathfinder RPG did away with ECL.

Thanks.

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-02, 03:36 AM
Here's another twist, does Channeled Energy affect a creature in Gaseous Form? I only ask because this is bound to come up with the players here. One of the other players is going to be able to channel negative energy (just to be able to heal the Spawn), so if the Spawn is forced into Gaseous Form, will a Channel Negative Energy return it to physical form?

Thanks!