PDA

View Full Version : Updating old adventure modules

Jivundus
2011-08-02, 04:05 AM
I'm looking to update a 2eAD&D module called Curse of the Azure Bonds, but the truth is, I'm not quite too sure where to start; specifically what sort of equivalences there are.

Allow me to explain further: It is designed for a party around level 8-10, under AD&D rules. In 3.5, however, characters tend to be more powerful, but when converting systems, people here seem to add several levels on to characters. So is the update then suitable for about a level 5-6 party in 3.5, as written? Or is it simply a matter of raising the difficulty of each encounter to match the rise in power with 3.5?

The details I can work with, I just want to know what the (effective) difference is between a level 9 AD&D character, and a level 9 3.5 one.

supermonkeyjoe
2011-08-02, 04:54 AM
I'd say that the point is pretty moot, you're going to have to completely re-do all of the monster stats and DCs for everything so you can set them at an appropriate challenge for whatever level you want. Obviously if there are any identifiable monsters like beholders then just see what CR range is appropriate to face them.