PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Kator (Kremeti)

Deadlykire
2011-08-02, 09:01 AM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.

{table] | A | B | C
1 | | |
2 | | |
3 | | |
4 | | |
[/table]
There is a door at C-4, south side.

Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=304780)

Kremti
2011-08-02, 09:25 AM
The Duskling stands in front of the entrance alongside with his companion, and starts talking to it. "Neverending, huh? Sounds like good time. Shall we go in, Tank?"

Just a place holder...just found this thread! Awaiting the description...

-K

Kremti
2011-08-07, 10:35 AM
"Let's get ready first...", the Duskling pulls out a scroll and start chanting.

Casting Mage Armor from the scroll#1 sharing it with Tank, UMD DC21:

[roll0]

-K

Kremti
2011-08-07, 10:36 AM
Failure, Trying to cast Mage Armor from the scroll#1 sharing it with Tank, UMD DC21:

-K

Edit: Failure, again UMD DC21:

[roll]1d20+6

Kremti
2011-08-07, 10:42 AM
Failure, again sharing it with Tank, UMD DC21:

[roll0]

-K

Kremti
2011-08-07, 10:44 AM
Failure, scroll#1 unavailable today due to rolling 1 while failing to activate. Moving onto scroll#2 again sharing it with Tank, UMD DC21:

[roll0]

-K

Kremti
2011-08-07, 10:47 AM
Failure, again with scroll#2 sharing it with Tank, UMD DC21:

[roll0]

-K

Kremti
2011-08-07, 10:56 AM
"Success!", the Duskling sighs with relief and looks at the first scroll now sparking with slight discharge of accidental magic, and puts it in his sack.

"Let's open the door now...", keeping Tank close, Kator walks to the door.

Moving to B4, Tank to C4, and tries to open the door...

-K

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize the thread was updated...the forum tool doesn't show when it was edited and not having new thread...here we go!

Deadlykire
2011-08-07, 11:47 AM
Holy posts... from now on drop 3 or 4 rolls into one post please.

As you open the door a fireball launches at your face! Hehe..okay not really.

As you open the door you see a hallway extending to the south and one to the east. There is no illumination so they extend beyond the range of your vision. There appear to be branches to the east on the south tunnel. There are branches to the north and south in the east tunnel.

Kremti
2011-08-07, 12:50 PM
IC: As the door opens, he sticks his head inside, and just check around the corner to the hallway to the east. Then listen to whatever the sound is coming from each direction.

OOC: Sorry, I just had to roll until the scroll activation was successful. I suppose I'll roll 5 of them at once, and then just say when it succeeds, the rolls stop there, and when I roll 1, the next strings of rolls are automatically to the next scroll?

Edit: Listen is 15 after taking 10.

-K

Deadlykire
2011-08-07, 01:08 PM
You don't hear any sounds.

Kremti
2011-08-07, 03:11 PM
The Duskling note of the quiet hallways, and takes a sack out, and start shoving a crowbar, grappling hook, hammer, 10 pitons, 2 extra sacks and a bag of caltrops, 3 javelins and 3 clubs in it. Then he takes a piece of rope, tie the sack at the end of it at the opening of the sack, and leave 15' of the end of the rope hanging out.
Makes the sack weigh 43.5lbs, with 15' section of the rope to be dragged by...

takes another scroll out of his backpack, and start casting Unseen Servant.

Rolling for UMD, DC21
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Edit: Then he shorten the rope down to 10' length (Made mistake with length) cast Light spell on the sack, and tell the Unseen Servant to drag the end of the rope to East, and tell Tank to follow me and and follow the sack 15', and since Kator's speed is 30' and Unseen Servant's speed is 15', he will use Detect Evil power of Incarnate while moving along with the sack.

-K

Deadlykire
2011-08-16, 03:54 PM
As you cast light you see the east hallway splits about 15' out. There are branches to the north and south and the hall continues east.

To the south you can now see it extends at least 30' south. There is an east split about 25' down the south hallway.

The unseen servant goes east. As he reaches the split you here mechanical sounds and darts are in the ground and the bag.

Actions as you reach the N/S/E split of the east hall?

Kremti
2011-08-16, 07:15 PM
After the bag triggers the dart trap, the Duskling orders the invisible servant to pull the rope to north while waiting slightly west of the T looking warily at the darts at the T. Once the bag moves to 10' North of the T, the Duskling commands Invisible servant to stop, and order Tank to Blink-shirt diagonally so he will avoid the trapped square, and then follows himself by Blink-shirt diagonally himself.

-K

Deadlykire
2011-08-16, 08:27 PM
You don't need to go through such elaborate steps to avoid a triggered trap. There is no diagonal since it is only a 5' hallway each way. You have to walk over the square. Since it is tripped doesn't matter.

As you go north the hall turns east, you follow it and then north again. You stop at a t-intersection. The hall goes east and west and you came from the south. You cannot see an end to the halls.

Kremti
2011-08-16, 09:38 PM
The Duskling stops and make a quick listen check, and heads to West with the Invisible Servant's lighted bag leading the way...

OOC: Actually, both Kator and Tank could go diagonal using Blink Shirt (And my Animal Companion, who has the same ability thanks to Share Soulmeld) since it's Dimension Door...

-K

Deadlykire
2011-08-31, 09:09 AM
Oh my you got lost! Apologies! Send me a PM next time!

You travel about 15' before you see the hall turns north. 15' ahead of you the hall stops and turns north.

Actions?

Kremti
2011-08-31, 09:16 AM
Kator commands the Invisible Servant to go to the L and keeps the same formation...

OOC: No problem. I was going to PM you after this weekend, since you said your schedule is very busy until the Labor Day...

-K

Deadlykire
2011-08-31, 09:20 AM
Are you taking the first or second north hallway? I think the 2nd.

Kremti
2011-08-31, 09:30 AM
OOC: Kator's telling the Invisible Servant to get to the L at the 2nd North Hallway, and following the servant/bag...assuming we'll be getting some idea of the 1st and 2nd North Hallways by walking past and looking at them, but just getting to the end to get to the L for now.

-K

Deadlykire
2011-09-02, 08:21 AM
As you pass the first hall it seems to extend past your vision.

The second hall does the same. Do you take it north? If so you travel about 20'
before you see the end of the hall 15' ahead. It turns east at that point.

Kremti
2011-09-02, 08:45 AM
OOC: Yeah, let's just keep going the 2nd North hallway, and turn east at the end...

-K

Deadlykire
2011-09-06, 03:47 PM
Before you can get there! Pit Trap 2!!!! Reflex 15 to "avoid". Your little pet needs to make it as well. The IS walks across to the other side w/o triggering it.

If you make it state which side you end on. If not... I get to roll fall damage, but edit in your actions as to what you do after landing.

Kremti
2011-09-06, 04:12 PM
"Eeeeep", the duskling and his pet dino tries to hang-on...
OOC:
Kator Reflex:
[roll0]
Tank Reflex:
[roll1]

Damn, the IS's bag didn't trigger these huh. Someone must have anticipated the bag-trick and made some traps specifically for more than 50 pound creatures X-D

If they make the reflex save, they'll stay on the "Not Across Yet" side.

-K

Edit: Kator commands IS to hold still, and tell Tank to "Stay", and then wait and listen if anyone is approaching for a minute or two...

Deadlykire
2011-09-07, 12:00 PM
Righto chappie! Honestly I arbitrarily roll a 1d100 each trap to determine the pressure it takes to trigger it. Makes life exciting for both of us!

You manage to easily avoid the trap. Your dinosaur yelps and skitters towards you barely able to claw into the stone in his panic. He stays safely on your side of the pit though. Actions? (Nothing is coming).

Kremti
2011-09-07, 01:29 PM
Kator and Tank teleport over the exposed pit together, and keeps going at the same direction they were going before...

OOC: Remember, Tank is a dinosaur! (I think you recommended the Swindlespitter...)

-K

Deadlykire
2011-09-07, 01:39 PM
You travel north another 5' before turning east for 25', then south for 15'. At this juncture there is a door on the east wall and the hall turns back west.

Actions?

No I didn't remember that. Yes it was me that recommended it. The thing can't miss... and has a nasty poison.

Kremti
2011-09-07, 01:47 PM
Kator orders the IS to drag the bag to the front of the door, then walks himself diagonally across from the door, and listens and looks at the door without touching it...

OOC: What kind of door is it? Any hinges and such?

Swindlespitter works perfectly since it has very high dex and I'm relying on him using range attacks from sharing shapemelds... :smallbiggrin:

-K

Deadlykire
2011-09-07, 02:06 PM
Well you are welcome then! I still plan on killing you though :smallbiggrin:

It is a fairly standard wood door. You can hear something on the other side. You can check it for traps and find none. (Speeding the process up).

DM Tracking Only:

Kremti
2011-09-07, 02:29 PM
Kator makes the IS drag the bag 5' west of the door, himself moves 15' North of the door, moves Tank 10' North of the door, and commands IS to open the door...

OOC: Ohhh, finally an encounter?!?!?!

-K

Deadlykire
2011-09-30, 09:44 AM
Go ahead and roll initiative. I will throw in another post later today (after I grab some lunch).

Kremti
2011-09-30, 10:20 AM
Kator Init:[roll0]
Tank Init:[roll1]

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-03, 07:44 AM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||||||
3||||1||
4||||||[/table]
There are doors at A3 and F4 south.
In the room is a gray wrinkled humanoid, crawling low with claws extending from it's hands.
Initiative: [roll0]

First moves are yours.

Kremti
2011-10-03, 09:34 AM
OOC: I'll just ignore the fact that Tank and Kator didn't actually open the door, waited back around the corner in the passage way outside and let the Invisible Servant open the door so technically neither of them can actually see into the room... :P

"Hey, you, where's the exit from this dungeon!", Kator yells.

OOC: Keeping Tank in front, Kator readies a standard action to shoot Dissolving Spittle at the dude if he makes aggressive move...

I suppose we'll RP at least a little bit :smallbiggrin:

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-03, 10:41 AM
You have an IS that can see into the room. This means you are privy to the information even if your character is not. I'd more assume that you'd wait and find that opening the door did not provoke a reaction from the occupants before approaching it yourself. I do not believe you can communicate with an IS otherwise it could just tell you what it saw. ANYHOW!

You get no response from the creature outside of it readying its weapon. It looks at you intently, it clearly finds your presence threatening.

Kremti
2011-10-03, 10:55 AM
OOC: Hmmmm, didn't attack us, huh.

"We just want to get to the other door. OK?", Kator speaks in Sylvan this time, points to the door, and slowly leads Tank into the door, and them himself.

OOC: Swift Action to change the Essentia...2 essentia into Dissolving Spittle. And go in A3, move to A4, and move along the south wall...with IS with the bag first, then Tank, then Kator himself, all following each other. To the in front of the door at F4...

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-03, 12:40 PM
Yeah you won't be getting that far without him attacking lol. I need to finish up some work here in my office, but I will post his attack actions as well. Go ahead and resolve your readied action.

Kremti
2011-10-03, 02:49 PM
Kator reacts to the hunching humanoid's assault...

OOC: Just so you know, Dissolving spittle is ranged touch attack...
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage (Acid): [roll1]

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-11, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I am aware. He did not attack until you got close to him however. You attack and the creature looks at you with some slight annoyance before lashing out himself. He claws at you in a rage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Deadlykire
2011-10-11, 07:33 AM
[roll0] Crit Confirm
[roll1] Crit damage if confirmed

Kremti
2011-10-11, 10:51 AM
"Spit, Tank, Spit!", Kator takes a step back, tags Tank's collar a bit, and then orders Tank to use the dissolving spittle, and use the Dissolving Spittle himself again...

OOC: If possible, Kator will try to have Tank take 5' step and shoot.
Kator will take 5' back, and shoot.
If Tank is still engaged in the melee, subtract 4 from both attack rolls:
Kator to Hit, range touch:
[roll0]
Kator Damage, acid
[roll1]
Tank to Hit, range touch:
[roll2]
Tank Damage, acid
[roll3]

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-11, 02:17 PM
You miss on every attack. The creature easily dodges your assault and attacks back in kind.

[roll0]
[roll1] crit confirm
[roll2]damage
[roll3] crit damage

Kremti
2011-10-11, 02:28 PM
Kator frantically spews more acid and make the dino-pet do the same...

OOC: Same deal, If possible, Kator will try to have Tank take 5' step and shoot.

Man, I thought it was critical on the return attack and I was already dead on the first encounter, until I actually saw the rolls carefully...the attack roll was 1 and auto-miss, isn't it? Man, those damage rolls would have killed me :smallbiggrin:

Kator will take 5' back, and shoot.
If Tank is still engaged in the melee, subtract 4 from both attack rolls:
Kator to Hit, range touch:
[roll0]
Kator Damage, acid
[roll1]
Tank to Hit, range touch:
[roll2]
Tank Damage, acid
[roll3]

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-11, 02:37 PM
lol I was really happy the attacks missed. Tank's attack finally lands and kills the beast. I will update with loot when I have the chance, currently proctoring a midterm to students. Post your next actions... and IF I forget loot remind me kindly in thread :smallbiggrin:

Kremti
2011-10-11, 04:20 PM
Kator orders the IS to drag the bag around all over the room, and then while that's being done, search the room taking 10 (result 11 on all squares).

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-12, 09:19 AM
You find nothing but your loot. Actions?

Kremti
2011-10-12, 10:29 AM
Move to B4, Have Tank at C4, and have IS open the door at F4...all essentias on Dissolving Spittle.

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-17, 11:53 AM
The beast dropped a long sword, medium for you. There is nothing outside of the door except hallway. The hall runs due south for 15' before splitting east and west. It also runs east for 15' before heading north.

Kremti
2011-10-17, 01:44 PM
Kator put the longsword in the bag LS is dragging, and have LS lead, down South to the Split, then to west...

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-19, 12:51 PM
reeeeeeflex save!

You approach a pitfall trap and trigger it!!!!!!!

Edit your actions into your roll post about where you all go. Please and thank ya.

Kremti
2011-10-19, 01:38 PM
OOC:
Kator Reflex: [roll0]
Tank Reflex: [roll1]

Whether make the ref save or not...they will end up getting across/up using Blink Shirt. (Unless the pit is deeper than 20'...)
They will keep going the same way, except, Kator will have IS lead for 25', then Tank 15' behind, and Kator himself follow Tank 5'...

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-19, 03:05 PM
You come to a 4 way intersection. The hall continues west, goes north, south and behind you east. Actions?

Kremti
2011-10-19, 03:10 PM
The merry gang goes to north...

OOC: I'm guessing Kator fell into the pit trap...did he take any damage?

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-19, 03:13 PM
Sorry! I'm wrong... The hall goes every direction but north. I had you at the wrong spot on the map.

Kremti
2011-10-19, 03:23 PM
They hit their noggins on the wall to the north that wasn't there seconds ago. "Hey, that wasn't there seconds ago!"

They keep going to west...

-K

Deadlykire
2011-10-19, 04:44 PM
Now you come to a branch that goes north.... it is really there this time!!!!..no really it is.

The hall continues west just out of your vision as well.

Kremti
2011-10-19, 04:55 PM
The merry band takes the turn to the North...

OOC: So...the pit? Not taht I don't *mind* not taking any ill-effect... :smalltongue:

-K

Deadlykire
2011-11-01, 08:26 AM
[roll0] pit damage

As you walk into the north hall, about 10', the stone beneath tank's feat sinks just a tad. An orb of acid hurls at you.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Kremti
2011-11-01, 09:17 AM
Kator casts Lessor Vigor, share it with Tank (AFAIK he's unhurt, but might as well) and heal to full...

They then use Blink Shirt to teleport 20' over the acid orb trap, and keeps going with the same formation...Invisible Servant ahead for 20', Tank 5' ahead...

-K

Deadlykire
2011-11-15, 04:12 PM
You keep going north, take a quick jog west and find an open door. You peer in carefully to notice a dead beast on the floor. One you've killed.

:smallbiggrin:

Kremti
2011-11-15, 05:20 PM
OOC: Is it to the East, or West? The room we killed the beast had a door from West and South, so we shuold be looking towards east into the room...?

-K

Deadlykire
2011-12-05, 03:04 PM
Yeppers! You are indeed looking into the room from the west side. So facing East. Actions?

Sorry for the delay. Overwhelmed at school trying to keep up my 4.0 in grad school. Plus grading etc etc etc.

Kremti
2011-12-05, 03:40 PM
The merry band goes through the room, and keeps going to east, this time...

OOC: OK, so, keeping the Invisible servant ahead, we go through the room, exit through the south door, and when we hit the T, head to east this time...

-K