PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Apocalypse (IC)

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-02, 04:17 PM
You don't know how long you had been in your cell. Months probably.
The sunlight didn't touch your cell, you hardly remembered what sunlight was, you are so used to the artificial light of Military Research Facility J.
Around you you can hear the screams of frantic Immune and Mutants, the poor saps who retained their minds as their bodies were mutated beyond their control. You are one of them.

The cell is a bare one, nothing but a stone slab for a bed and a hole for a can. The cell doors are made of pure Force, obviously conjured by a Master Wizard.
As you look over your cell one more time the walls start shaking, an uncommon occurrence but not unseen as it is usually the harbinger for a Zombie Attack. What is odd however (not that you would complain) is the Force bars suddenly fading into nothing.
For the first time in god-knows-how-long you were free. Provided you could get through the rest of the installation and evade the Zombies attacking.

Starsign
2011-08-02, 04:24 PM
The shaking and disappearance of the force bars had surprised Mike. He had no clue how long his zombie-ish form had caused so much trouble. The sight of this circumstance bellowed him into action. He wouldn't miss the opportunity to escape... Now where was he to go? He tried the left hallway. He'd fight if needed but didn't want to get killed in the process.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-02, 04:47 PM
The left hallway leads slightly up.
As you go down you notice one of the Guards being pushed around by a Telekinetic. The Guard is Jameson, a rather sadistic Guard who has a personal vendetta against Telepaths and Telekinetics.
He bullies all the prisoners, including you, but not as bad as the Teles. Several have died under "Mysterious circumstances" on his watch
He is being slammed repeatedly into the walls and ceiling.

On the ground is fresh blood, but Jameson isn't bleeding. The Tele has several bruises on his face and if not for the Nullifying Field failing like the Force bars (both made by the Wizard) he likely would have been the next person to die under Mysterious Circumstances.

BTW: You are several stories underground, just so you know.

Starsign
2011-08-02, 04:58 PM
Mike, seeing the telekinetic throwing the guard around, took into consideration what to do... On one hand he didn't have a weapon, on another, his greater strength probably would do him just fine. Seeing how sadistic the guard is, Mike charges for him, throwing his fight right at the guard's body before any more damage could be done to the telekinetic.

This might be a bad idea :smalleek:

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Body part: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Is it alright if I make all of Mike's Attack, Body Part, and Damage rolls? Also, with my character having a +4 to everything requiring strength, would that go into his Damage rolls too? I'm presuming so as a guy with super-strength could probably have an easy time punching a guy's head off. :smalltongue:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-02, 09:06 PM
You slam into the Guard, crushing his Leg against the wall. He falls to the ground unconscious
The Telekinetic (a 20-something man with brown hair and viridian eyes) looks at you.

"Thank you for intervening. I am glad you intervened. I likely would have done something regretable had you not intervened. Goodbye and good luck with your travels. May you survive this Apocalypse like so many have not."
He strides off back down the way you came from, forgetting you.

Starsign
2011-08-02, 09:10 PM
As the telekinetic went off, Mike only said, "...Glad to help." As he continued his way up the facility, hoping to make it out of here soon.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-02, 09:14 PM
Echoes of fighting ring down the hallway, which means that either the Zombies had gotten in or other captured Immune and Mutants where fighting their way out in other parts.

You come to a crossroad, you can either go left, right or try the elevator in front of you.

Starsign
2011-08-02, 09:39 PM
Thinking this was probably a horrible idea, Mike enters the elevator to check where he can go. If he could go up, he would go there, if not, he would go take the right passage instead.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-02, 10:53 PM
You press the ground floor button and you hear machinery whir, sending you upwards towards freedom.
Just as you were gaining hope of getting out scot-free however the elevator jams to a halt and the doors are flung open by an invisible force.

In front of you is a woman in a soldier's uniform. The uniform seems to be a little off, as if she isn't used to it. She aims her gun at you.
"Stay back Prisoner! I'll shoot." She seems quite frightened and you see why.
Behind the woman is a pool of blood where a second woman had been torn to pieces. A fancy ring on her ring finger, which lay severed beside what remained of her jaw. Her other hand gripped an empty clip of ammo matching the one sticking from the soldier's gun.
What remains of her uniform matches the gun-waving soldier.

Starsign
2011-08-02, 11:02 PM
Saddened, Mike held still at the woman, he didn't raise his arms, he didn't make a sudden move, he stood perfectly still doing what she ordered, to stay back. "Please... Don't shoot," he said in a deep, raspy tone. He didn't want to show hostility for the woman, so he held still until she would calm down. He could outlast her anyway.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-02, 11:05 PM
"What are your Powers? Or are you one of those Immune with nothing to absorb."
The woman advances toward you. She glances down briefly to the fancy Ring on her ring finger, adjusting it with her thumb.

Starsign
2011-08-02, 11:10 PM
Still unmoving, Mike responds, "I can't absorb anything as far as I know. All I know is that I have beyond-human strength, and incredible regeneration." he turned his head away from her, as if in embarrassment. A frown sit firmly on his face.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-02, 11:22 PM
"Regeneration? I don't have that. Goodbye!"
She springs toward you, the gun morphing into her hands, resolidifying as brutal barbed claws.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Your Defence
[roll2] Place
[roll3] Damage

Starsign
2011-08-02, 11:27 PM
Mike's frown turns into shock as his right arm gets heavily damaged. In retaliation he attacks her back with his series of punches in a great fury. "And here I was hoping I wouldn't have to fight...!"

Mike has +1 to damage resistance so his arm is heavily wounded.
Attack: [roll0]
Body Part: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-02, 11:33 PM
[roll0] Defence

As you attack you suddenly feel yourself off-balance. You are pushed sideways into the wall by a force.
"Fool. I have drained the Wizard of his power. You cannot hope to defeat me!"

Starsign
2011-08-02, 11:55 PM
Being thrown off balance, Mike gets back up to see the mutant. The last time he had attacked it was a straight forward assault... Was that a force field? Instintly Mike decided to try another method. "Who was this Wizard you talked about?" He asked the question as he slowly moved in a circle around her. His plan was to, once her back is exposed, attack her from behind. He had hoped he would be able to regenerate his arm in the meantime.

I'm preparing an attack, not to be executed until I can hit her from behind. Should I roll now or wait until I am actually able to hit her?

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-02, 11:58 PM
"The one in charge of this prison of course. You must have noticed his work failing?"
As you move behind her, her figure melds and her face appears on the back of her skull. The rest of her body soon follows.

Starsign
2011-08-03, 12:01 AM
"Yes I have," Mike responds, seeing this strategy wasn't going to work. "So how might you have killed such a powerful man? I'm sure it couldn't have been simple... Or at least easy." In the meantime he kicked a stone that, while close, wouldn't have hit her. He wanted to figure out about that force field thing of hers...

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-03, 12:12 AM
"My Mutant Power is Shapeshifting. But to copy other Powers I need to kill them. I can however copy basic looks from a glance." As she talks, she transforms into a copy of you. "It was easy to copy a guard and get access to his sanctum."

Starsign
2011-08-03, 12:15 AM
"Hmm, that is very interesting," he says. "I'm guessing Shapeshifting is not your own power though. Have something defensive like a force field?"

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-03, 12:19 AM
"You mean the Telekinesis? Nah, I stole that from some guy a year or so back."

Starsign
2011-08-03, 12:26 AM
"Really?" Mike asked in curiosity. "How powerful is the telekinesis? Could it break open something as heavy as that?" He pointed to a massively sleet-plated door. "Seems like something you can do like a cinch, right?" If, and only if, the shapeshifter tries to open it, Mike would strike her while she was at that disadvantage. He had hoped his arm healed in the meantime.

ONLY attacking if she opens the door, to try and throw her off guard. Making attack rolls just in case she goes for it. I'm gonna attempt a called shot to the head.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
How is my arm healing in the meantime?

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-03, 01:41 AM
The Shapeshifter gestured at the door as you strike out

[roll0]

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-09, 09:41 PM
You strike her hard in her jaw (which breaks remarkably like yours does) sending her headfirst into the metal wall.
She slides down the wall slowly, leaving a stain of red. She is definitely dead

OOC:You have now discovered 1/2 the reason I ain't DMing the M&M Game. (other 1/2 is I can't make Villains that are a challenge without being TPK)
I get distracted making chars or with life and forget DMing. I remember to RP my chars though which is weird. I just chalk it up to my Aspergers or my Eccentric Genius Brain depending on the day.

Starsign
2011-08-09, 10:21 PM
As the shapeshifter was definitely dead, Mike heads back in the elevator, trying to see if it can get to the top again. He was almost free... He didn't want to be stopped by anything else now!

Don't worry I have Aspergers too :smalltongue:
I'll just PM you every now and then to remind you, will that be alright? :smallredface:

Also, how is Mike's damaged arm doing atm?

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-09, 10:35 PM
rolling this spare dice I've got here in my hand...
It's fine and healed.

Unfortunately when the Powerthief tore open the doors she also completely destroyed any chance of the elevator working again. The entire top is ripped off and the elevator is only in place because it had been wedged.
The destruction had happened as you were fighting.

Starsign
2011-08-09, 11:16 PM
Mike cursed his luck as he sees he won't be going up. Instead he decides to see how far up it is... Would he be able to climb it?

Okay, so I'm going to climb up the elevator shaft if possible. Considering how Climb in other tabletop games are benefited be Strength, could I add my strength bonus to this please? :smalltongue:
[roll0]

EDIT: if we're not adding Strength to this it's a 3. Now considering I have a strength of +4, what things might you imagine I'd be able to lift with it? :smallredface:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-10, 12:31 AM
You pull yourself up and you go up. Fast. Faster. Maybe you should think about stopping no- too late. You hit the other elevator as it rises up itself.
Maybe you shouldn't pull your body with your full amount of strength.

You head is pushed through into the elevator whose occupants consist of 2 very shocked former prisoners, one is holding a laser-firing gun made from scraps he had probably just cobbled together (he is still working on it, his pockets are filled with scrap) and the other has a prehensile tail and is bright orange.
"Oy! Watc' where ya putting ya head ya Nyoongah. Almost fired me bloody gun off!" The Tinker says in an aboriginal accent.

OOC: Nyoongah basically means idiot in aboriginal.
With a +4 you could probably pull a truck or carry a tank with a single hand. It's also why you managed to propel yourself up when you tried climbing. Remember that 6+ is bad cause you do it TOO well.

Starsign
2011-08-10, 12:42 AM
Mike finds himself torn through the elevator above. He clearly wasn't used to his strength yet. He takes a look at each of them. "Sorry... Don't know my own strength yet, just got myself freed." He spoke with a stoic, yet embarrassed tone. "Would you mind if I came with you till we get out?"

Oh dang. Near the of the game I had the idea of Mike having +20 to his strength. What kind of feats would he be able to do with that? :smalltongue:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-10, 12:54 AM
"Nah mate, we're gone soon as the elevator opens. Chatterbox here's a Porter. Some Mutant from couple countries over or something. Bit of a Shapeshifter too, judging by the looks and his reference to the Joonad Conquests a couple centuries back. Says he knew good old Adolf Bishop or somesuch. I remember readin books bout that fella, damn near saved Atlantis from the New Adje Movement when they showed up halfway through the war. Damn alins always showing up in the worst times, cause 'em too. I bet me Technopathy Powers alins either invade while we still trying to kick this or behind it somehow. Dam asteroid caused this here rain says these military guys. I don't belive none o' it though. I te-"
With a ding the elevator opens and the chattering Technopath disappears in a puff of smoke.
"Sorry about my friend. Almost wish I could leave him behind. But a Life Debt is a Life Debt. Fare thee well Talking Head."
The Orange Teleporter who spoke like a proper English Noble puffs out as well.

Outside the doors you see an atrium of marble. No-one is about but out of the corner of your eye you see metallic glints, even in places where nothing could hide there.
You have a bad feeling about crossing this weird place.

OOC: With 20 STR he could move the Earth's Orbit.
Since this is a D6 System, having more than a +4 is probably Overkill.
In the previous game I made a Psion that was 1/2 the End of the World and had his Evil Twin imprisoned inside him draining his powers. his unblocked powers were only a +5.
Both of them together were World-Ending and the fight that ended in keeping them bound destroyed most of the country they inhabited from the sheer destructive force thrown around.
Goku would have a +2-3 Combat stat in this game.

Starsign
2011-08-10, 01:02 AM
Mike sighs in annoyance as the two mutants disappeared. He notices the metallic glints in the distance... This wasn't a good thing. Mike got down prone and slowly crawled his way around, seeing if he could find a way out without being spotted by whatever may be hiding...

Oh dang, that powerful? :smalleek:

If we we're going for the "replacing one of the horsemen idea", What abilities and powers might you imagine Mike having when he becomes one (whichever one fits best for Mike) in your opinion? :smallsmile:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-10, 01:35 AM
No-one jumps out at you or starts firing.
The flashes seem to intensify then with a blink they rush forward, revealing the illusion for what it is.
A trap.

Instead of doors leading outside there is open cells doors. Inside is a pulsing stun ray that has already claimed the Psion from earlier, a Fire Elemental (an alien race made mostly of fire and lava) and a pair of catpeople who keep shimmering into other forms then back to their blue selves.
The real exit is about 10ft to the left where a brick wall had been in the illusion.

Starsign
2011-08-10, 01:39 AM
Mike, seeing the fake exit in surprise, turns to the new one 10 ft to the left of him. Not wanting to get caught just in case, he stays prone as he reaches the true exit that was once a brick wall. And after giving a moment of catching his breath, despite that he doesn't need it considering his zombie like form, opens the doors to the exit outside...

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-10, 02:04 AM
For nothing to happen.
As you look through the door you think you briefly see an aboriginal picking up a piece of metal as an Orange guy with a tail stands around but they are gone next time you look.

The ground around the base is parched. As you watch more grass withers away. With a start you realize it's one of the Mutants inside the base drawing energy from the plants.
Ahead of you, far in the distance, you can see what remains of your old city, it still stands but you aren't sure how inhabited it is or whether it's Zombie Infestation kill the rest.

Starsign
2011-08-10, 09:36 AM
Mike takes a smile as he makes his way out of the base. Finally, freedom... And yet, worry. He could see his old city, of which he didn't know whether it has already died due to the rain or still working to this day. Whatever happened though, Mike had to get to his old town, no matter how hard it was. He was basically a zombie from those Hollywood movies, how difficult could it have been?

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-14, 08:36 PM
As you look back you notice a faint shield protecting the base, it's 1-way so it didn't prevent you from leaving but kept the Zombies back from getting in.
Unfortunately with many of the guards dead or fighting the escaped Mutants no-one could monitor the shield which is being pummeled from the other side by several Zombies with highly destructive powers. With a rumble the sky opens up and a comet flanked by 2 lightning bolts slam into the shield, disintegrating... then the shield wavered.
Electricity flooded over the shield, probably created by a Zombie with Electric powers or a former Zapton (an alien race that tried invading a couple of centuries ago. They are rather humanoid and would pass for one if not for the lightning-shaped ears) turned Zombie.
With an earth-shattering (though that may have been a Zombie attack) explosion the shield fell and you know the base will be overwhelmed, the Guards couldn't even hold back escaped prisoners and the Mutants aren't a fighting force to beat back a horde of Zombies.

You know the base is doomed, though undoubtedly several Mutants will get away, probably the ones with Movement-based powers like Teleportation or Super-speed.

Starsign
2011-08-14, 08:45 PM
Mike sees the explosion of the shield with a melancholic look. He wouldn't be able to do anything... He had not the strength to do so yet. Power... That would be something Mike might have loved to get, but now he lacked enough of it to save the people in there... Though not that most of them in there were nice people.

...Or would he? Some mutants he remembered were decent. To leave them like this would hurt his psyche later. Knowing he'd regret it, Mike hurries back to the base, hoping to be able to save who he'd be able to that can't get out of there themselves. He felt that he'd have little chance of getting out of it alive, but he could regenerate anyway, so it couldn't hurt that hard to try!

Hopefully I'll be able to regenerate from this... :smalleek: I did wanted to try some reckless actions to take advantage of my regeneration :smalltongue:

Now how are Zombies usually hostile? Are they hostile to non-zombies or all creatures, including themselves?

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-14, 08:59 PM
You haven't heard of any survivors of a Zombie attack that wasn't a massacre for the Zombies, so you don't know how they actually are when not being slaughtered.
Though judging by the fact they organise into hordes and obliterate anyone they find (which may or may not be due to this world's kill first, ask the dead guy's spirit through a Necromancer later) they probably aren't friendly

Also, the realize this was to stop you from coming back right? not to go charging in after escaping Mutants and Immune.
But this is a sandbox, so throw all the curveballs you like :smalltongue:

You charge back into the building, right into a squad of guards on their way to the back of the complex (they had just stepped out of the elevator and where going towards a door to the side.)
The lead guard, who had a chest full of medals, including the Super Cross signifying he had stood down a Supervillain and survived and was more pale than a normal guy, signifying he was either an alien, vampire or a Teleporter. He points his gun at you, it's a custom piece with multiple settings which means it's probably a beam weapon or uses Multiple Dimensional Clips, holding ammo in other Dimensions for different bullets to be fired without lengthy reloading.
Wat di ye want laddie? Yu onea those escapies?" He has a thick scottish accent and flciks his gun to a different setting as he sizes you up.

(By the way: all 'Porters are odd colours in this setting. But not all odd coloured people are Teleporters)

Starsign
2011-08-14, 09:14 PM
It was to keep me out? :smalleek: Ah well... Just as long as we'll be able to continue. :smallredface:

Mike held his ground as he looked at the lead guard. Not someone he wanted to meet. "I'm just trying to look for survivors. This place likely won't last so I'm wanting to find anyone else who's alive and mentally sane and get them out of here to a safer place. Do you know any of those aside from yourself?" He was greatly considering running away again...

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-14, 09:21 PM
"Mentaly sane? Who said anytang abut us bein sane? We work for the gubment in a top secret lab experimentin on Muties with Powers, some of tem Mental. I can no longa count up to how many times I ben hit witha Psykick attack. If ya wanta help then follow us and we'll clear out this here Zombie pests. If not than clear out afore I try and lock youse up again."

I HAD IT INVADED WITH PEOPLE WHO THROW COMETS AT YOU! Of course it was to keep you out.
When you see a Zombie horde and you don't have a group of 15+ Mutants or Supers then you run. You would have 0 chance of defeating them in a head on fight.
But then again, this could be fun. Fighting Porters, Technomancers, Pyros and more all at once with a Porter and a squad of unknown Guards.

Starsign
2011-08-14, 09:28 PM
Top secret lab experiments?! Mike thought to himself those words. If he goes along with the lead guard he'd be locking them all back up for more experiments. If he tried fighting he'd end up back locked. He wasn't that confident, not now, not without more commanding power... Mike sighed and walked away, in a bit of a hurry. He realized he couldn't do much, he'd get betrayed eventually. He rushed out of the place, forever (hopefully) telling himself never to enter there again. He saw his old city in the distance. That was his destination, so he started to make his way there, refusing to turn around at all...

Y'know I realize as another idea, if Mike becomes the new Conquest, he could start building an empire with him as a benevolent emperor as he tries to build a place where normal humans and mutants can live in peace, isolated from the zombies that roam the rest of the world. It's a long shot and pretty idealistic but once Mike is able to get such power then it's probably not that much of a dream. What do you think?

And sorry for the retreat. I feel that it was a lose-lose situation if I had stayed any longer... The taking-on-a-zombie-horde-alone battle can come later :smalltongue:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-14, 09:46 PM
I think it sounds awesome.
Now to send you back home :smalltongue:

The walk is uneventful, if you ignore the flashes of power coming from the base behind you.
You are also fairly sure that if you turn around you would see something resembling a Gurren Lagann Fight but without the machines and more combatants.

Night starts falling as you get near the city. You can't see anyone in the buildings in the city but you are still a distance away.
You can either camp out or hurry to get into one of the buildings before it becomes too dark to see

Starsign
2011-08-14, 09:50 PM
Mike sees his home city in sight... And the darkness approaching. He hasn't seen night in forever, and while he didn't want to live in it, he'd rather get home before it got worse. He grudgingly and quickly pressed onto his home city. If it got dark before he got there... Then it did, he wouldn't hide away in the darkness when he is so close. A smile almost covered his face as he kept going. The drive to see and protect humans like he did before...

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-14, 09:53 PM
As you walk towards the city a bullet wizzes past your head, landing in the center of a lizard's eye.
"Stop right now or the next one goes through yours. Who are you and what Type are you?" a voice echoes from one of the buildings.

Starsign
2011-08-14, 09:57 PM
Mike turns to where the voice called out. "I'm Mike, Mike Durant. I... I'm a Mutant, but I don't want to harm any humans or other mutants. I want to try to go back to my normal life. As a fireman before becoming a mutant by the Rain..." Mike was hoping the person would understand him. At least it's nice to know at least that there was people living that haven't lost their minds yet.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-24, 02:01 AM
"Prove it. Let our Telepath search you for the Zombie Link."
A man appears in front of you, escorted by a Porter with green scales pointing a gloved hand at you, the palm having a lasergun embedded.
"Move an inch and your limbs won't have anything to hold onto."

Starsign
2011-08-24, 08:28 AM
Being a bit of a literal person, Mike didn't move an inch. He had no idea what exactly a zombie link was, but by the sounds of it he really, really hoped he lacked one. As Mike was so used to not moving for being in his cell, he practically seemed to freeze like a statue while the telepath did whatever he needed to do.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-24, 06:17 PM
Inside your mind's eye you see your early life flash painfully through, you remember every scrape, every fall, every joke and every kiss you have ever experienced all at once.
Then you get to your Mutation. You are forced to relive being mutated from your normal form, into the form you currently hold. You see one of your friends, who you had been accompanying when you Mutated flash briefly with light and darken to a deep red. In a puff of smoke she disappeared, Teleporting away as a Zombie.
Suddenly it is over, the Telepath turns and calls back to the sniper "He is telling the truth, he did not have the psychic flash."
You realize he is talking about the flash you saw from yourZombie Teleporter friend.

Starsign
2011-08-24, 06:46 PM
Mike had felt himself horribly, horribly mind-blown as he relived his entire life. Truth be told, isn't wasn't as bad as he had remembered it, being a mutant who looked like a hollywood zombie helped a bit. Mike still found himself falling on his bottom afterwards. "That was..." He couldn't find the term for it, but he did get back up. "That was rather unexpected, but I'll recover shortly." He was rather shaken from that experience. He waited for the sniper to respond to the telepath before he did anything else.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-24, 09:05 PM
The sniper swoops in from his position right above you.
You recognise her as an Angel, a remnant of the Apocalypse, Angels are quite rare these days, after the Angelis Executions after Archangel Freddie convinced the world they were Demons in disguise. They are reknowned marksmen and she has an old-style pistol sheathed at her hips.
"So you are telling the truth. Welcome to La Ciudad De Los Sobrevivientes, the City of Survivors. Sorry about the name, our new king is Spanish and a bit melodramatic. I am Lilith Solaris. And no I am not related to the Succubi Queen, nor did I know her before she went to Hell, now have I met her in her new residence as Queen of Los Angeles."
She speaks as if many people had asked those questions before.
"I take it you escaped from the Lab before it was wiped out just now?"

Starsign
2011-08-24, 09:09 PM
Mike nodded his head at the angel. "I am indeed. I remember this place as my home city..." He didn't want to offend her, absolutely not, especially as someone as majestic as an angel. "Would I be allowed to enter? I would love to know how much this place has changed in the months I have spent in that prison." He seemed relieved to finally be able to return to his city.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-24, 09:13 PM
"Come right in. Though you have to wear this badge till we can be sure you ain't a Former-Super who gave the Tele false memories and is planning on conquering the city. Which has happened by the way. By the king himself."
The Telepath and the Porter disappear as Lilith hands you a big badge saying "Danger: May be a Super with Mind-Block"

Starsign
2011-08-24, 09:15 PM
"Thanks," Mike responds as he puts the badge right on his skin, painful, but his regen would easily recover that. As he made his way to the city as he asks Lilith, "Who is this king you mentioned?"

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-24, 09:33 PM
"The King is a Telekinetic and a Teleporter. His name is King Abran The First. He isn't that bad a king. If you look past his eccentricities and him randomly killing Mutants every once in a while."

Starsign
2011-08-24, 09:35 PM
"...Right," Mike responds in a nonchalant manner. "How often does the city get attacked? Is there some sort of guard or protector against other zombies and outside threats?"

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-24, 10:18 PM
"The protection is the citizens. We have roughly 75% of our pop Mutants, and all but 3 are Former Heroes. The remaining 3 are Former Villains. We get attacked roughly once a week, mostly from a small squad of 10-15 Zombies, though we do occassionally get Mutant attacks, looking for food mostly."

Starsign
2011-08-24, 10:30 PM
"I see..." Michael was in thought. "Then perhaps I could volunteer to be a decoy, sacrificial man, something to take advantage of my regeneration that will help protect those surviving still." He was very confident in himself and in his powers.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-24, 10:37 PM
"If that is your wish. But be careful of the Zombies, I've heard some of them can cause Wightocalypses, which is not something you want to be at Ground Zero for. Come on, I'll show you the city and some of it's inhabitants."

Starsign
2011-08-24, 10:37 PM
"I would love to see the city... But what exactly are Wightocalypses?"

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-24, 10:50 PM
"You have lived on this planet your whole life right? Wightocalypses are when a portal to the Negative Energy Dimension is opened and the area is flooded with enough energy to instantly kill most non-prepared people and turned into mind-controlled slaves. It is the first offense in most wars and any Medium-Class Wizard can create or reverse it. Still hurts coming back though, and the more time that passes the more it hurts. I once spent a year as a Wight and the pain almost killed me, it hurt that much."

Starsign
2011-08-24, 10:55 PM
"I'll be sure to avoid that then. Now, let's see what the city is like..."

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-26, 06:27 AM
OOC: I can't believe we got to pg2 of this thread before realizing the spelling mistake in the title.
It's Zombie, not Zompie

Lilith escorts you through the city, pointing out blocks of buildings set up for hydroponics (and Silvamancers to create crops), sectors set up for the Magicians, Teles (of various sorts), Aliens (that sectors is itself subdivided) etc.
"The sectors are mostly self-imposed. Most people like being around beings of similar ability. Don't think we are bigots or Metaist." (discriminating based on powers not immediately applicable to the situation).
As you go around you notice some mingling of the Aliens, Mutants and other Supers though they avoid you when they see the badge.
"Go that way a couple minutes and you'll come across the Palace. It's an old Tracks Industries building, you can't miss it. You can live anywhere you put down to sleep but I recommend either the Mutant Sector about a mile west or the Regen Sector the other way. I have to go, my sister needs help babysitting some Telekinetic triplets who just discovered the joys of Self-Levitation. Oh, here's my number. If you want to talk or something."
On that note Lilith wings her way off to the Extra-Dimension Sector

Starsign
2011-08-26, 06:37 AM
Mike gladly takes a small card containing Lilith's number. "I'll keep that in mind," he says as she takes off. The city was huge, not quite as he had remembered it really... Still, it was still standing and in great shape for what had happened before. Mike wasn't completely sure what to do, but made his way off east to the Regen sector Lilith had mentioned, maybe look for a Super-Strength sector of some sort too if that existed.

Just asking, would they have "friendly" brawls in either of those sectors I mentioned? :smalltongue:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-26, 07:01 AM
As you head toward the sector you start seeing more reinforced things, cars with battering rams on the front and stone weighing it down, buildings with an entire inch of cement anchoring it into the ground.
It's obvious that the people here are either incredibly strong or can take a missile to the face and come out smiling a perfect smile.

Posters inviting readers to various fight clubs are everywhere, you notice one that specifically calls for participants to be able to Regen from Death as a condition of entry. It supposedly starts every hour, on the hour.

Starsign
2011-08-26, 07:16 AM
Mike had noted these things as he headed down the sectors. The fight club seemed interesting, but he took note of some of the... "lifting" items. Mike himself was as scrawny as a zombie in looks, but hell it wouldn't stop his strength. He sees one of the... Buildings held only by an inch of cement and tries to lift it, see how far his strength can go. He carefully inched his fingers under the building and made the attempt to lift it straight up, not leaning to one side or the other. If he can he'd hold the entire thing over his head and try to be a show-off... Then again it would likely seem that most people in this sector could do it, but that would make it all the more competitive for Mike, he'd probably have a riot if we can compete with some of the bigger leagues here.

Do I need to make a check for this or does my +4 Strength make me be able to lift it automatically? :smalltongue: If not then could you roll for me please just this once?

Also, for the mutants here, what degree of strength can they reach in compared to Mike?

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-26, 06:23 PM
[roll0] (it's a -6 for picking up a building)

You start to lift the building, ripping it from it's foundations.
But before you grab it fully a 7-foot tall man jumps through a window several stories up.
He lands right next to you, cracking the concrete with the force.
"New Super-Strong guy huh? You do realize that people live in buildings and they aren't just for lifting right?"

Starsign
2011-08-26, 06:28 PM
Mike carefully put the building back down as he looked at the man. "It's not...?" He looked a little embarrassed. "Sorry... I figured that some of these people here lift these things like candy, especially considering how this one is held by only an inch of concrete..." While brave, Mike isn't totally foolish to do a strength contest that would cause mass collateral damage. The zombie's scrawny muscles seemed to pale in comparison to the mutant's looks, despite Mike's actual strength. "I guess you could call me a new super-strong guy... though it's not my only power."

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-26, 06:38 PM
"The concrete is when some of the fight clubs spill onto the streets and literally send combatants through a couple buildings. Without the concrete a hit like that would take down the whole block. People picking up buildings is reserved for the ones with Yellow Bands around them."
He points out a building with a streak of paint around it's 2nd floor.

Starsign
2011-08-26, 06:47 PM
"Wha...?!" Mike noted around the place. "Exactly how strong are some of these guys? It sounds pretty crazy, do they end up alright in the end?" Mike, while being incredibly strong, was pretty fragile by comparison. Thank goodness for his regeneration.

So uh, what strength does it take to punch people through buildings? :smalleek:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-26, 07:00 PM
"Most of the fight-clubbers are Regens, though some aren't and we need to get in a Healer. Or a necromancer, depending on the fight. Now, I have to go clean up the mess you made in my apartment."
With that he jumps up (cracking the pavement again) through the broken window.

3 if the victim is flying, 4 if he is on the ground

Starsign
2011-08-26, 07:16 PM
"Right..." Mike responded as he made off from the super-strength sector to the Regen sector, which was where he'd be more at home, for now at least. He tried looking into some of the fight clubs, see if he would be any match there. On the way he tried picking up a hopefully unneeded tank, hoping that would be better to lift instead.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-30, 08:51 PM
You pick up the tank with ease, it having no occupants (or none who complain anyway).
You see an entrance into one of the Fight Clubs, The Grim Reaper. It's the same one as the flyer warning that being able to Regen Fatal Injuries was mandatory.

If you enter you see that it looks like an old pub, emptied out of furniture except for a bar in the corner selling what appears to be radioactive sludge. It glows like it at least.
In the very center is two Xs, probably where the competitors stand when a fight starts.
The walls are covered in cracks and spilt blood and are made from heavy stone, reinforced quite a bit. The roof has signs it has caved in a few times and repaired via Geomancer. It is also covered in the same bodymarks, cracks and blood as the walls.

As you enter the 20 or so patrons stop drinking their sludge to stare at you.
All of them have not a scratch on them, even the barkeep is perfectly fine despite running a highly dangerous fight club to the death.

Starsign
2011-08-30, 09:02 PM
Mike notes the patrons in the bar as he enters, leaving the tank outside, just in case... He himself lacked a mark or scratch, but his scrawny body and ghoul-ish look might have been what was giving him all the looks. That or that he was just a newcomer here. He would hopefully fit in with time, he could regenerate from lethal injuries, so he should be allowed here. He notes the... Sludge of some sort and tries to order a glass or something. He could regenerate so it should be perfectly fine to him.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-30, 09:13 PM
"If you think you can stomach it, here ya are. You sure you don't want some simple Milk?" The Bartender laughs as he draws the radioactive sludge from a lead-lined container with multiple radiation warnings on it. "You here for the Free-For-All or the One-On-One? Or are you lost and wandered in here looking for directions to the Empath Sector?"
This is met with a chorus of insults and agreements.
Obviously you need to prove yourself if you want to gain their respect

DragonOfUndeath
2011-08-31, 02:54 AM
OOC: because in my subscription box it's not showing my earlier post I'm reposting.

"If you think you can stomach it, here ya are. You sure you don't want some simple Milk?" The Bartender laughs as he draws the radioactive sludge from a lead-lined container with multiple radiation warnings on it. "You here for the Free-For-All or the One-On-One? Or are you lost and wandered in here looking for directions to the Empath Sector?"
This is met with a chorus of insults and agreements.
Obviously you need to prove yourself if you want to gain their respect

Starsign
2011-08-31, 03:55 AM
Despite all the taunting, Mike nonchalantly accepted the sludge and did his best to chug it down, injury be damned. "I got the warning before entering," he glared at the bartender, there was a clear lack of hesitation in the ghoul's eyes. "I'll accept a challenge of a One-On-One fight." He had a look around the club from where he was, as if looking for someone to challenge him.

I recommend deleting one of your posts as you ended up double-posting :smallredface:

DragonOfUndeath
2011-09-04, 10:21 PM
The sludge eats through your throat, disintegrating everything in it's path.
Your Regeneration quickly heals away the damage but it leaves you with the freshest mouth you remember having.

"I'll tell you what. I'll start you off with someone easy. Say, Terry the Mouse?"
The bartender points at a mouse sitting on a stoll next to you.
The mouse tries posturing but only looks funny.

Starsign
2011-09-05, 06:51 AM
Mike gives an unimpressed look at the bartender as he folded his arms. "I'd rather take on someone my own size... Or someone bigger than me, whichever one it'll be." Eyes unmoving from the bartender, he asks, "I suppose the mouse wouldn't be here if he couldn't regen as well. Does it drink that as well?" He referred to "that" as the radioactive sludge he drank, gladly drinking down another one if allowed.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-09-06, 09:31 PM
From behind you you feel a tap on your shoulder.
You turn and see a giant mouse, about 8 feet tall. You realize it was the mouse you just insulted, having grown up to this size and he cracks his knuckles loudly.
"Ring. Now!"

Starsign
2011-09-06, 09:34 PM
Mike was a little shocked to see the mouse grow very, very large. Granted he was considered to be easy... But he'd hope that this wouldn't end badly. Mike only glared back and nodded, heading to the ring to prepare without saying a word. Mike did say he wanted to fight something his size or bigger than him... Guess he got his wish.

Well I'll roll initiative now... [roll0]