PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] Spell that turns you into a kid

ImperatorK
2011-08-02, 07:13 PM
What level would be a spell that turns you into a kid (applies the Young template to your character permanently, until dispelled or dismissed)?

Daftendirekt
2011-08-02, 07:22 PM
*Casts "Character Creation"!*

agahii
2011-08-02, 07:25 PM
Instantaneous, permanent, or some duration?

ImperatorK
2011-08-02, 07:28 PM
*Casts "Character Creation"!*
I don't understand.

Instantaneous, permanent, or some duration?
I've said permanent, didn't I?

onthetown
2011-08-02, 07:29 PM
I don't understand.

It was a joke... :smallconfused:

CTrees
2011-08-02, 07:30 PM
EDIT: Wow, totally misread this thread... well, more looked at other posts and thought of suggestions on how to do it. So, changed to the below!

Still, to consider: does it give the lifespan back? It's permanent, so could a venerable caster target herself and gain another huge chunk of lifetime back?

What can it be removed with? Any polymorph effect? Restoration? Lesser Restoration? Heal? Remove Curse? Only a Wish? Need more information, here.

Does the equipment shrink with the target? Think about a greatsword - suddenly, to big to use. Worse, armor, or really any equipment - the fit, especially for, say, fullplate, or a belt, is going to get real interesting. Gloves, etc.

How does this affect monsters which advance by age, like dragons? Is this a "oh hi mister great wyrm, I'd like it much better if you were a CR4 with one missed save"

Assuming Remove Curse will fix it (seems reasonable to me), I'd peg it at fourth level. It's not a *tremendously* huge impairment, if it's not tied to any negative levels, but it's permanent, and can be twisted in interesting ways. If the equipment specifically does not shrink to fit, it moves into save-or-lose territory for certain targets, which basically includes anything using two-handed weapons or armor, for starters. In that case... pegging the level gets more complicated

Tvtyrant
2011-08-02, 07:31 PM
What level would be a spell that turns you into a kid (applies the Young template to your character permanently, until dispelled or dismissed)?

Level 4 seems about right; same level as Crushing Despair. It actually does less to an opponents fighting ability then Crushing Despair, but it makes it weaker to grappling/bullrushing.

Amnestic
2011-08-02, 07:38 PM
Bestow Curse lets you advance an age category, so...yeah, the level Bestow Curse becomes available in my opinion. 3rd-4th level spell.

Lord Bingo
2011-08-02, 07:43 PM
I second Curse. The mechanics you describe are the same as that spell, and the spell-description itself IIRC states that the described effects are merely some of the possibilities and you could make up your own. Bestow Curse is level 3.