PDA

View Full Version : Invisible...Shapechange

JKTrickster
2011-08-02, 07:34 PM
So we all know what fun and games you can have with Invisible Spell from Cityscape. Honestly one of my favorite Metamagic Feats ever!

But what happens....when you use Invisible Shapechange? Does that mean you go... invisible?

Greenish
2011-08-02, 07:37 PM
Invisible Spell: You can modify any spell you cast so that it carries no visual manifestation.

So you could use Shapechange to turn into your favourite monster without looking any different, or so I read it.

Jack_Simth
2011-08-02, 07:49 PM
Invisible Spell: You can modify any spell you cast so that it carries no visual manifestation.

So you could use Shapechange to turn into your favourite monster without looking any different, or so I read it.
So... True Seeing would see past both the Invisible Spell and the actual Shapechange itself to your base form? Umm... that could be bad for someone relying on True Seeing....

Greenish
2011-08-02, 07:52 PM
So... True Seeing would see past both the Invisible Spell and the actual Shapechange itself to your base form? Umm... that could be bad for someone relying on True Seeing....The main reason to take Invisible Spell is to mess with people who have True Seeing. And also your DM's head.

NNescio
2011-08-02, 07:57 PM
And for creating Walls of Invisible Iron Transparent Aluminium.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-08-02, 08:35 PM
How about.. Invisible Invisibility or the boards favourite Invisible Solid fog?

Jack_Simth
2011-08-02, 08:36 PM
And for creating Walls of Invisible Iron Transparent Aluminium.
While you can generally do more with the iron, the stone is cheaper (no expensive material component), and doesn't normally need to be processed for making reasonably solid windows for your abode.

But yes. Invisible spell is fun with walls. Mix at random:

Illusory Wall
Wall of Stone
Wall of Iron
Wall of Force (and possibly Permanency... if you want it to last long, anyway)
Greater Shadow Conjouration(Wall of Stone)
Greater Shadow Conjouration(Wall of Iron)
Greater Shadow Evocation(Wall of Force)
Invisible Spell(Illusory Wall)
Invisible Spell(Wall of Stone)
Invisible Spell(Wall of Iron)
Invisible Spell(Wall of Force) (and possibly Permanency... if you want it to last long, anyway)
Invisible Spell(Greater Shadow Conjouration(Wall of Stone))
Invisible Spell(Greater Shadow Conjouration(Wall of Iron))
Invisible Spell(Greater Shadow Evocation(Wall of Force))

To make a very, very strange and confusing maze. Great for breaking up parties ... which isn't really fun for DM's.

NNescio
2011-08-02, 08:43 PM
Also Invisible Prismatic Wall. Nasty piece of work, and can be permanencied as well.

JKTrickster
2011-08-02, 09:29 PM

Oh that is clever!

And also very, very, very interesting :smallbiggrin:

Ahh I love Invisible Spell :smallbiggrin:

Greenish
2011-08-02, 09:29 PM
How about.. Invisible Invisibility or the boards favourite Invisible Solid fog?If you modified Invisibility with Invisible Spell, everyone could normally see you (since the metamagic removes the visual manifestation of the spell).

See Invisibility and True Seeing would allow their recipient to both see you, and see your invisibility.

I wasn't kidding when I said it's a good feat for messing with your DM's head.

As a side note, I find this part of the feat amusing: Those with detect magic, see invisibility, or true seeing spells or effects active at the time of the casting will see whatever visual manifestations typically accompany the spell.

So if someone runs into your invisible wall, they're not going to see it even if they cast See Invisibility or True Seeing, since they weren't in effect when you cast the invisible spell.

Merk
2011-08-02, 09:32 PM
Invisible Genesis. WHAT NOW

Jack_Simth
2011-08-02, 09:43 PM
Invisible Genesis. WHAT NOW
When you're on the plane, you see the Ethereal, like normal (that's where Genesis is cast, if you're using the spell version).

TwylyghT
2011-08-02, 10:23 PM
So...

So stands a man who can clearly see, but can not see, invisibility.
Another man comes to cross his path, currently with invisible, invisibility.
The second man he can clearly see, for he can't see the invisible, invisibility.
But since invisibility he still can't see, without a way to see, invisibility
The second man while clearly seen, is still not seen, as he still has invisibility.
You see?

Well it is an illusion effect, so maybe a reverse disbelieve roll if you interact with an invisible invisibility. This time if you fail the roll you *wrongly* identify the object/creature as an illusion so the item or creature vanishes from your mind?

Does a creature with invisibile invisibility, while seen, still get combat advantages because it *is* still invisible? Even though you clearly pinpoint it, and because it still has invisibility, does it still get concealment same as a pinpointed invisible creature found in other ways?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... lol

This is how holes get torn in the multiverse.. invisible invisibility. Somehow I picture the S.E.P. Field from Hitchhikers Guide.