PDA

View Full Version : Imp Samurai

shuikage
2011-08-02, 09:23 PM
hey yall so just wanting to get some takes on said class in title. since samurais only have to be lawful and imps are lawful evil totaly think it can work out. just wondering what would be some usefull stuff to take with it. thanks :smallamused:

SPoilaaja
2011-08-02, 09:29 PM
Imps have La -, which means that they are not suitable as PCs.

Now if you are a DM and you want to do it as a NPC, well... Don't. The only thing the samurais have is their mass staredown. You'll be better off with a crusader.

flabort
2011-08-02, 11:27 PM
What's the closest thing to an imp that's playable as a character, then?

Togath
2011-08-02, 11:37 PM
You could always stat up the imp as a playable race, just remove or weaken it's over powered abilities(I can only think of fast healing[maybe] and it's summon ability)

faceroll
2011-08-03, 05:11 AM
You could always stat up the imp as a playable race, just remove or weaken it's over powered abilities(I can only think of fast healing[maybe] and it's summon ability)

You can pick one up with improved familiar. A pseudodragon is ECL5. I would speculate that an imp is similarly ECL 5. It's certainly no more powerful than a pixie.

Runestar
2011-08-03, 05:50 AM
The imp was given an ECL of 7 in savage species, though I am not sure what you can do with it that would make it seem samurai'ish.