PDA

View Full Version : Fun ways to get really high miss chance!

Aemoh87
2011-08-02, 11:29 PM
Miss chance is my friend on my shadowcraft mage. I am playing one in two different campaigns (one is shorter one is longer) so any options work. Tell me your secrets playground!

LaughingRogue
2011-08-02, 11:42 PM
You should really just combine this post with your other post.

Aemoh87
2011-08-02, 11:44 PM
That one is just spells, this one will be just miss chance. It's easier for people who wanna reference the thread for themselves so they don't have to sort through things.

marcielle
2011-08-03, 06:28 AM
I'll leave the more common ones to others.
Smoking weapon enchantment from Lords of Darkness. Creates a cloud that gives you 20% concealment on command follows you till you dismiss it.. Incidentally, It nauseates anything in the square so its also swarm repellant(an animal level intelligence creature wouldn't put up with being nauseated just for 1 meal).
Best part is you can sheathe the weapon and draw another and the smoke DOESN'T GO AWAY. Weapon keeps smoking until it is told to stop.
Also, the smoke SPECIFICALLY doesn't cause you to miss.

Keld Denar
2011-08-03, 07:17 AM
Miss chances don't stack, so aquiring multiple sources of them is...not very advantageous.

The only way to really stack them is to pick things that causes misses, but aren't actually miss chances. Mirror Image is about the only thing I can think of that works this way, and it only stacks with some miss chances. It wouldn't work with Invisibility, but it should work with Blinking, Blur, Displacement, and other effects that make you hard to hit but not impossible to target.

Jack_Simth
2011-08-03, 07:27 AM
Miss chances don't stack, so aquiring multiple sources of them is...not very advantageous.

The only way to really stack them is to pick things that causes misses, but aren't actually miss chances. Mirror Image is about the only thing I can think of that works this way, and it only stacks with some miss chances. It wouldn't work with Invisibility, but it should work with Blinking, Blur, Displacement, and other effects that make you hard to hit but not impossible to target.Greater Mirror Image (PHB 2, page 120) + Displacement: You've got 8 decoy images, a 50% miss chance, and it takes you just one round of buffing (Immediate action + standard).

There's the Greater Blink spell (as Blink, except no miss chance for you, and a few other small benefits - Spell Compendium, page 32).

Kuma Da
2011-08-03, 07:34 AM
If you look at this thread on the forum, the title reads as "fun ways to get really high..."

And then I read it and found out it was mostly about magic smoke instead. :smallamused: