PDA

View Full Version : Super Hero d20 Modern? Or something similar?

bendrew64
2011-08-02, 11:55 PM
So I've been piecing together some story ideas for an RPG which I would have the players play themselves, who one day find themselves all developing strange powers, ala the television show Heroes. The thought process behind it is that it would be awesome to have players live out their super hero dreams and gain powers that they wished they had in real life.

The group I would like to play this with, should it come together, is mostly familiar with d20. We've had some poor luck moving onto different systems, and considering how flexible d20 can be, I figured it should be workable.

I'm sure this has been done before, right? I'd rather not do a whole lot of legwork and then find out someone else did it better than I.

Ravens_cry
2011-08-03, 12:15 AM
May I be the first to introduce you to Mutants and Masterminds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutants_%26_Masterminds). It's d20, but is a point buy system so you must build everything from scratch. Still, there is a lot of people willing to help you online with this, including people on this very website.
Best of luck on your heroing.

bendrew64
2011-08-03, 12:18 AM
Oh this sounds fantastic.

Thank you! I'll be finding a copy of that ASAP.