PDA

View Full Version : Question about Manyshot

Niceman
2011-08-03, 08:34 AM
In our group we have an 8th Level Elf Fighter who is grooming himself to be the archer extraordinaire. We'd like to gain a little insight on the Manyshot feat to make sure it's being used properly. He just leveled up and just now got the feat, so it's only been used once so far...

At his level he can get two attacks per round. He's thinking that Manyshot stacks with Rapid Shot, and that he can use manyshot with each of his attacks, so in one round he can let fly with up to 5 arrows against one target. I'm thinking that since Rapid Shot is a prerequisite, it is a function of Manyshot which is what provides the extra arrow in the first place. So, if he does a full attack and uses Manyshot twice he doesn't get the extra Rapid Shot arrow.

Our DM has final say of course, but between us we were just curious as to which is correct or if we're both misinterpreting how it works :)

Diarmuid
2011-08-03, 08:35 AM
Manyshot itself is a Standard Action.

Making more than one attack per round due to high BAB requires a Full Attack action.

These two things are mutually exclusive.

Edit - He can either make a full attack action, making 3 attacks using Rapid Shot (all at -2) or he can use Manyshot and then still have a Move Action left to work with.

Telonius
2011-08-03, 09:01 AM
Think of Manyshot like Pounce for archers. You can move and still fire off what's essentially a full attack. It's best for the times you absolutely need to move away from your current position, but still want to have more than one chance at hurting a specific foe.

It's also a prereq of Greater Manyshot, which is essential to pretty much any precision-based archery build.

Niceman
2011-08-03, 09:04 AM
Ok thanks,

That was a fundamental error I was making, and since our archer is a veteran player, but new to 3.5 I was reinforcing the mistake. Forgot that the 2nd attack provided by a high Base Attack Bonus is not a 2nd standard action. Thanks for the help :)