PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if these characters met?

Mixt
2011-08-03, 09:24 AM
The basic concept of this thread is similiar to a VS thread, except it does not neccesarily involve the people involved fighting each other in any way.

Rather, it's more about how they would react to each other, how they would interact, what a dialogue between the two would look like, and possible repercussions their meeting may have for the setting.

Sure, a fight breaking out is a possibility, it depends on the personalities of the people involved.

So basically, you mention a pair-up and the rest of us will try to construct a scenario that would result from that meeting, including what a possible conversation between the involved might look like.

I might as well start things off by mentioning a pair-up that i'm a little curious about.
What would happen if you put Master Xehanort (Kingdom Hearts) in the same room as Palpatine (Star Wars)?
...Why do i feel like i just doomed the universe or something like that?

hamishspence
2011-08-03, 09:35 AM
I'm told Elaine Cunningham has done

"what would happen if Liriel Baerne met Drizzt"

Scroll down to the "Cross Over" section of the FR page:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ForgottenRealms

Radar
2011-08-03, 10:24 AM
I'm told Elaine Cunningham has done

"what would happen if Liriel Baerne met Drizzt"

Scroll down to the "Cross Over" section of the FR page:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ForgottenRealms
If you follow the lik on TV Tropes page, you'll find this (http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1888&whichpage=6#36209).

hamishspence
2011-08-03, 10:36 AM
There's an X-men meets Star Trek TNG book. And I think a comic- but I haven't read that one.

Traab
2011-08-03, 10:45 AM
The basic concept of this thread is similiar to a VS thread, except it does not neccesarily involve the people involved fighting each other in any way.

Rather, it's more about how they would react to each other, how they would interact, what a dialogue between the two would look like, and possible repercussions their meeting may have for the setting.

Sure, a fight breaking out is a possibility, it depends on the personalities of the people involved.

So basically, you mention a pair-up and the rest of us will try to construct a scenario that would result from that meeting, including what a possible conversation between the involved might look like.

I might as well start things off by mentioning a pair-up that i'm a little curious about.
What would happen if you put Master Xehanort (Kingdom Hearts) in the same room as Palpatine (Star Wars)?

A single meeting? They would have an urbane and polite conversation, touching upon nothing of importance, then part ways. I mean, palpatine was a consumate politician, and I dont recall that Xehanort was all that openly crazy unless the proper buttons were pressed.

Vent Reynolt
2011-08-03, 11:11 AM
A single meeting? They would have an urbane and polite conversation, touching upon nothing of importance, then part ways. I mean, palpatine was a consumate politician, and I dont recall that Xehanort was all that openly crazy unless the proper buttons were pressed.

Now if it were Xehanort's Heartless we were talking about, there might be more of a problem. Seriously, the guy can't go two sentences without shouting "DARKNESS!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzqaeKTqWCI) He'd then go on about how powerful DARKNESS is, and he would probably be intrigued by this "dark side" of the Force.

Traab
2011-08-03, 11:34 AM
Now if it were Xehanort's Heartless we were talking about, there might be more of a problem. Seriously, the guy can't go two sentences without shouting "DARKNESS!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzqaeKTqWCI) He'd then go on about how powerful DARKNESS is, and he would probably be intrigued by this "dark side" of the Force.

Heh, He goes on a darkness rant, and palpatine &^% slaps him and says, "No &^% sherlock. Ive been a master of the dark side for the last 40 years! You want to know the best lesson I learned from my years of mastering it? Noone wants to listen to you monologue. Now shut it."

Wardog
2011-08-05, 04:55 PM
What would happen if the cast of Gurren Lagan met up with the cast of Megas XLR?

Prime32
2011-08-05, 04:57 PM
What would happen if the cast of Gurren Lagan met up with the cast of Megas XLR?All of it.

Radar
2011-08-06, 05:15 AM
What would happen if the cast of Gurren Lagan met up with the cast of Megas XLR?
Coop would take Gurren Lagann for a joyride and accidentially cause Spiral Nemesis.

Drascin
2011-08-06, 05:45 AM

I have only seen a few eopisodes of Megas, but if those are representative, there is a markedly high possibility that Simon would bitchslap Coop for irresponsibility :smalltongue:.

Mixt
2011-08-06, 10:20 AM
Coop would take Gurren Lagann for a joyride and accidentially cause Spiral Nemesis.

Worryingly enough i can actually see that happening.

While mentioning Gurren Lagann, wonder what would happen if Simon happened to stumble upon Sora from Kingdom Hearts.
Considering Sora's overly optimistic attitude and unending belief in his friends i imagine they would get along pretty well.

And then you take the entire "Our hearts are connected, my friends are my power!" deal into account...

If you take that literally, then that would mean that...yeah, the villains can start screaming in horror now.

Grif
2011-08-06, 11:35 AM

This. Absolutely this.
I can actually picture it in my mind now. Oh god. It's hilarious.

How about Megas XLR in Gundam?

Venom3053000
2011-08-06, 11:48 AM
if Gurren Lagann goes anywere its awsome

Pokemon: Simon uses Giga Drill Break its super effective

Resident Evil: Chris: WESKER!! Wesker: CHRIS!! Simon: Giga Drill Break!!!
Chris: What the $#@$?

Mixt
2011-08-06, 12:14 PM
Xehanort: DARKNESS!
Sora: LIGHT!
Xehanort: X-BLADE!
Sora: FRIENDSHIP!
Xehanort: KINGDOM HEARTS!
Simon: GIANT HEAVEN PIERCING DRILLS! GIGA...DRILL...BREAK!!!!!!

That should shut them up.

Resident Evil: Chris: WESKER!! Wesker: CHRIS!! Simon: Giga Drill Break!!!
Chris: What the $#@$?

Lulz.

Lord Raziere
2011-08-06, 12:42 PM
What if Harry Dresden met the Doctor?

Prime32
2011-08-06, 05:09 PM
How about Megas XLR in Gundam?Which Gundam? If it was G Gundam no one would bat an eyelid.

Tavar
2011-08-06, 05:24 PM
There's an X-men meets Star Trek TNG book. And I think a comic- but I haven't read that one.

There's 2 comic books; one set with Kirk, the other with Picard. The book is also with TNG.

Elrik
2011-08-08, 12:11 AM

Master Xehanort, being one of the most crazy prepared video game villains, probably planned on stealing Palpatine's body before they met, and provokes Palpatine into shocking him with force lightning and falling to the ground, and then goes inside Palpy's mind while he’s distracted and--

Oh, you mean what would happen if the met. Gotcha

*thinks for a moment*

Y'know, I dunno if they could even have a civil discussion if they tried. If they did, I'd imagine they'd swap Xanatos Roulette notes and drink tea over the matter. They'd eventually get into an argument about conflicting opinions about certain things, because they're both pretty headstrong villains.

There's that, or they could have Ham to Ham Combat.

Palpatine: POOWWWWWWWWWEEEEERRRRRRR! UUUUUUUUUNNNNLLLIIIIIMM--

Master Xehanort: DAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKNNNNNEEEESSS!

*both villains proceed to chew the scenery (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChewingTheScenery)*

Coidzor
2011-08-08, 12:30 AM

Which Doctor?

Kato
2011-08-08, 11:30 AM
Which Gundam? If it was G Gundam no one would bat an eyelid.
Yeah... people would have a hard time noticing, really. Though, in the joine afterlife kamina and Mastar Asia would have a hell of a good time. And Kyoji would join in for good measure.
But Team Gurren and the Shuffle alliance... they'd just shrug and go on with their lives.

You know, they should throw together a bunch of Shonen characters. Like some of those brooding revenge seeking idiots who can than beat the crap out of each other about how depressed they are and leave the rest of their respective universes alone.

Mixt
2011-08-08, 01:30 PM
This video pretty much says it all about what Master Xehanort is like (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA9d195pKZU)

2:15 to 3:04 is especially noteworthy.

Note his defeat quote
"Only now have i truly won"

Crazy Prepared and pure evil.

So yeah, all things considered having him and Palpatine in the same place is a recipe for disaster.

Tazar
2011-08-08, 02:36 PM

I imagine they'd get on quite well, as both share the same irrepressible disdain for authority and unquenchable need to snark in the face of beings able to casually obliterate them with the bat of an eyelash.

Dresden and the Scoobies from Buffy the Vampire Slayer would also get along like a house on fire, I think. Particularly with Xander & Buffy.