PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Rogue-ish build.

Larpus
2011-08-03, 10:22 AM
Hey there, playground giants, I'm in need of some help here for building a Rogue-like character, which despite not being a Rogue (melee-focused Vivisectionist Alchemist), has everything pretty much intact, Sneak Attack, Light Armor only (+4 with a Chain Shirt), no shield and D8 HD (this is Pathfinder).

It's also a low level game starting at 1 and going up as far as we can (getting to 5 is a safe bet, getting to 10 is possible, but not as safe).

I rolled my stats and currently have a 14 and a 12 to assign to my Con and Dex in any fashion I want, and since this is Pathfinder I also have a +2 to throw on either of them or Str (18 atm) or Int (16 atm), the other two dump stats are 10s.

So, my question is: in the not quite that long run what is better for such a character? +2 HP/level or +2 AC? Settle for an even +1/+1 on both? Or spend those points on Str or Int (mind you that I have little reason to worry about DC).

Btw, both my Fort and Reflex saves are good saves, so things like "Con for a little bit of extra Fort" is not that strong here.

Thanks for any replies, playground.