PDA

View Full Version : Psions: Is pursuing Shaper worth it?

RayGallade
2011-08-03, 01:04 PM
Hi, I'm planing on joining a 4e campaign for the first time in almost a year and am planing on playing a Psion. The campaign will be starting at the paragon tier. So far, the only character I know of is going to be a Dragonborn Barbarian.

My question is, is it worth being a Shaper Psion or should I look to other powers? Also, what Paragon Paths would you suggest for each possible focus?

Surrealistik
2011-08-03, 01:43 PM
The Shaper Focus is in balance the best of the disciplines; the Shaped Consciousness gives you incredible flexibility (you can even have it fly through the air!), and even if your enemies attack and destroy it, they'll have wasted at least a standard action to do so, AoEs excepted.

amaranth69
2011-08-03, 05:59 PM
I really like the Shaped Consciousness power and use it every encounter. Personally, I also really enjoy the Paragon Path I took, which was the Timebender path. Overall, the Psion is the most enjoyable class I have played in 4ed.

Good Gaming

WickerNipple
2011-08-03, 06:44 PM
Totally my favorite Psion. Shaper gives you a fabulous toy.

RayGallade
2011-08-04, 11:50 PM
So that's a yes on going Shaper over the other two paths. Great.

Now how about Paragon Paths? Any others that might work well with Shapers? So far, I'm liking Timebender and Master Summoner, but do you guys have any other suggestions?

Surrealistik
2011-08-05, 02:03 AM
Dreamwalker. Basically unlimited, better Shaped Consciousness' via the Dream Form. The Bard Lifesinger PP is great, but mainly for its broken L16 feature.