PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Design 101

Beelzebub1111
2011-08-03, 01:26 PM
So, I'm working on making a dungeon for a 3.5 game and am stumbling on a little block. The first floor is basically a Bordello, with a main lobby and two dozen or so individual rooms, What would you say is the appropriate size for the individual rooms?

The second floor is a trap for adventurers who ask too many tricky questions

B1 is a "Dungeon"

B2 is an actual dungeon connecting to a network of caves leading to a red dragon's lair.

Retech
2011-08-03, 02:02 PM
Well, what were/are the rooms used for?

Greenish
2011-08-03, 02:03 PM
Well, what were/are the rooms used for?D'oh.

I'd say they'd be just large enough to fit a bed in, unless it's a higher class place.

Beelzebub1111
2011-08-03, 02:33 PM
Well, what were/are the rooms used for?
Towards the front Standard...bordello activities. towards the back would be "Special Services", Golems, faeries, "Dryads", Erinyes, Vampires, Wights, a Phasm....

Most rooms would contain a bed, a footlocker, and some free space.

TroubleBrewing
2011-08-03, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry, did you say a Phasm?

WhatisthisIdonteven

vampire2948
2011-08-03, 02:53 PM
I'm sorry, did you say a Phasm?

WhatisthisIdonteven

o_O

*passes the mind bleach*

Beelzebub1111
2011-08-03, 06:32 PM
Subject matter aside, how big would your standard single bedroom hotel room be?

TroubleBrewing
2011-08-03, 08:11 PM
20x15, I guess. I've never measured.

flabort
2011-08-03, 08:17 PM
I'd recommend 15x10 ft, for the higher classed patrons, only 5x10 for the "cheap seats". After all, measure your own room. if it's about average, it's about 10x10, eh? Maybe a little larger, say 13x11?

On the subject of Phasms, they can shape-change, and are telepathic. They'll probably shift into the customer's ultimate daydream just before the customer enters. It doesn't seem brain-bleach worthy at all. Not compared to the idea of a Multiheaded Dire Monstrous Crab (what wizard would make that?).

It's the Dryad's skin that makes me wonder what it's doing in a Bordello.

But don't forget fancy curtains, jars of flowers, and all those fancy "entrancing" decorations.

Beelzebub1111
2011-08-03, 10:09 PM
I'd recommend 15x10 ft, for the higher classed patrons, only 5x10 for the "cheap seats". After all, measure your own room. if it's about average, it's about 10x10, eh? Maybe a little larger, say 13x11?

On the subject of Phasms, they can shape-change, and are telepathic. They'll probably shift into the customer's ultimate daydream just before the customer enters. It doesn't seem brain-bleach worthy at all. Not compared to the idea of a Multiheaded Dire Monstrous Crab (what wizard would make that?).

It's the Dryad's skin that makes me wonder what it's doing in a Bordello.

But don't forget fancy curtains, jars of flowers, and all those fancy "entrancing" decorations.
In order: Thanks; Yes; Actually a Succubus that's been bound to work there by the red dragon (The devils are there willingly, the demons were bound); It wouldn't be a bordello without them.