PDA

View Full Version : Half-Ogre Template?

Krüsher
2011-08-03, 03:00 PM
Hello playground! I was going around the internets looking for templates that increase size (besides half-minotaur) and I read somewhere that there is a Half-Ogre template? The only Half-Ogre I know of is the one in SS. Is anyone familiar with this template? And if you are, where can I find it?

Starbuck_II
2011-08-03, 03:06 PM
Hello playground! I was going around the internets looking for templates that increase size (besides half-minotaur) and I read somewhere that there is a Half-Ogre template? The only Half-Ogre I know of is the one in SS. Is anyone familiar with this template? And if you are, where can I find it?

There is a 1/2 Ogre Race (assumes you are human + Ogre I think). This was updated in Races of Destiny.

And there is a 1/2 Ogre template (applies to any race). I think it was dragon Magazine but I'm not sure.

hamishspence
2011-08-03, 03:20 PM
It was- Dragon 313 pages 95-96

faceroll
2011-08-03, 03:21 PM
A half-ogre template can be found in DR313, same issue with half-minotaur. Half-ogre is strictly inferior to half-minotaur, yet both cost +1 LA.

Krüsher
2011-08-03, 03:43 PM
A half-ogre template can be found in DR313, same issue with half-minotaur. Half-ogre is strictly inferior to half-minotaur, yet both cost +1 LA.

I just read over it. It may be inferior. But you can put both of them on and still only get a +1 LA!

Greenish
2011-08-03, 06:06 PM
I just read over it. It may be inferior. But you can put both of them on and still only get a +1 LA!LA don't overlap, they stack. 1+1=2.

[Edit]: I see it now, you're right. It looks like copy/paste error from the CR entry, but eh.

faceroll
2011-08-03, 06:35 PM
LA don't overlap, they stack. 1+1=2.

[Edit]: I see it now, you're right. It looks like copy/paste error from the CR entry, but eh.

Whoa.
What's the wording say?

Occasional Sage
2011-08-03, 06:39 PM
Isn't the half-ogre template from Savage Species? An appendix iirc.

Greenish
2011-08-03, 06:45 PM
Whoa.
What's the wording say?Half-ogre's LA entry says same as it's CR entry: "Same as base creature if it did not gain a size category, otherwise +1". Since it only increases your size category if you're small or medium, it's LA 0 for Large and Huge creatures.

Isn't the half-ogre template from Savage Species? An appendix iirc.No, SS half-ogre is a race.

faceroll
2011-08-03, 06:47 PM
Half-ogre's LA entry says same as it's CR entry: "Same as base creature if it did not gain a size category, otherwise +1". Since it only increases your size category if you're small or medium, it's LA 0 for Large and Huge creatures.

AAAWWWWWWYYEEEAA.jpg

TroubleBrewing
2011-08-03, 08:10 PM
AAAWWWWWWYYEEEAA.jpg

This response is more optimized than your standard, run-of-the-mill, non-.jpeg AAAWWWWWWYYEEEAA, as befits this awesome situation.

Greenish
2011-08-03, 08:19 PM
Well, half-ogre does have some drawbacks even as a +0 LA template, namely -2 to int and cha, and counting as a giant (in addition to your normal type) for stuff like Favoured Enemy or Bane. Still probably a good trade for +4 str, +2 NA and Darkvision.