PDA

View Full Version : Lady Luck Build (Pathfinder/3.X)

Darkaurora00
2011-08-03, 04:24 PM
Rikku Lady Luck, as seen in Final Fantasy X-2
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-01/art/ff10-2-rikku5.jpg

I wish to make a character based around the mechanics that were shown in the above game, using absolute chance in my favor to damage enemies, buff and debuff, and have a slight control over my enemies rolls.

Is there any build, using legit books or perhaps homebrew, that can replicate this effect?

Fax Celestis
2011-08-03, 04:51 PM
Bard (or Hexblade from Comp. Warrior, depending on how martial you want to be)/Fortune's Friend (Comp. Scoundrel), with a bunch of [Luck] feats (same book), and the improvisation (Spell Comp.), cheat (Spell Comp.), and alter fate (PHB2) spells. Ruin delver's fortune (Spell Comp.) too, if you can get it as a bard. Possibly some spells out of Comp. Mage too, particulary catsfeet, immediate assistance, and (if your DM will let you put them onto the bard's list) karmic aura, karmic backlash, and karmic retribution.

CodeRed
2011-08-03, 05:05 PM
If you could get your DM to let go of the halfling requirement, Luckstealer from Races of the Wild sounds exactly like what your looking for. It's a casting class for either divine casters or arcane which makes it pretty flexible. As a move action, you stare at someone and they have to make a Will save or have their luck stolen by you. If they fail, they get a -2 to all d20 rolls for a minute and you get two points added to your "luck pool". You spend points out of your luck pool on a one-to-one basis to add to a d20 roll before your roll it. Luck points also power some of your other class abilities. Eventually you can steal luck in a 20ft burst a certain number of times per day which allows you get more points to spend faster.

All around, it's a fun class and pretty useful in play actually from what I've seen of my buddy use it.

Arbane
2011-08-03, 05:44 PM
In Pathfinder, maybe take a level or two of Witch for the Fortune/Misfortune hexes? (They're a LOT nastier if you also take Cackle, but they're pretty good on their own.)