PDA

View Full Version : The Thread of Truth - Dark Heresy (IC)

ellna
2011-08-03, 04:51 PM
And the IC was born, but in the void sat nothing... Yet.

ellna
2011-08-04, 07:38 AM
All:Welcome aboard Burning Hope. A light frigate which bristles with high powered engines. The =I= of the proudly displayed on the hull. Here you mission awaits and whatever path the Emperor wishes you to tread in his name shall become clear. Armed only with what wits you have and the scraps that life has thrown to you, you arrive one at a time. Today is the day when you meet you fellow acolytes for the first time, those your life may one day depend on. Today is the day when you can begin to repay the Imperium for your life. Today is the day you shall not be found wanting.

Please respond to spoilered text in spoilers. So if it's just for you respond just to me. If it's Cyrene & Nixios respond to me and the other character. E.G

GM:Example
GM & Cyrene:Example

Good luck to you all and I hope you enjoy it.
Cyrene:Your arrival aboard burning hope was not spectacular in any way. As your shuttle docks and you leave the stony faced guardsmen that have guarded you in transport, you are handed over to another pair of guardsmen that immediately lead you away. You are to be put into service without delay. Arriving at the briefing room you are quickly taken inside...
Nixios:You have been spending a lovely time aboard the Burning Hope at the leisure of the Inquisition. In a 5m square cell. Without a bunk, bed or blanket. Without facilities to clean yourself or water. Without your weapons by your side. For time like weeks it seemed to drag on. They would come in each day and ask you questions. Endlessly testing your loyalty. When they discovered your weakness they ruthlessly exploited. Your fragile psyche shocked and shattered cared only for water. Would you spill you life's story for a cup of water?Make a Hard Willpower test for this answer.

After existing on corpse rations and what passed for water, you could tell it wasn't giving you the electrolytes needed, they were satisfied. You were a tool and would be used. This day two guardsmen, your captors for today, March in an throw you a bottle of water, clean, refreshing and electrolyte filled. You barely register as they pick you up and drag you from the room. They take you to the briefing room and drop you on the floor...
Well this should be interesting to see. Unfortunately you will spend the first 9 hours of this game with your first and only priority being the consumption of water. RP it up. And don't forget the 1d00 for the willpower check to see if dehydration broke you.
Julia:You have already been aboard the ship the Burning Hope for several weeks. The inquisition has put you in a fine room. Any and every of your requests has been answered. The bed is soft and the food fit for a king. Your room is removed from the hassle of the ship and insulated from the drone of the engines. Today a servant entered. You didn't call for him, but still he came. His head bowed and his hands extended bearing a silver platter. On this sliver platter a folded piece of card. He waits until you take it and hurries off. Reading it you find.

Interrogator Zimbad requests your immediate presence in the briefing hall.

The note is written in swirling golden letters and lightly scented with a flowery aroma. You know the way to the briefing hall well enough, though you have never been inside before, nor seen Interrogator Zimbad. Now you shall the empty ship corridors await you.

I would like you to tell me how you character has made use of the 3 weeks in the fine room awaiting a call to action. Please Spoiler as GM:Like this.
Cyrene & Nixios:Cyrene is the first to arrive followed swiftly by Nixios who is dropped on the floor. This is the briefing hall. It is a large room dominated by a massive screen which flickers currently with the =I= Of the Inquisition. A massive iron table stands before the screen. Three unoccupied seats face the screen. At the other end sits. Interrogator Zimbad. A look of distaste spread across his face. His is heavily built with dark skin burnt by the sun of some, unknown to you, planet. He looks at you as though you had crawled from a waste outlet pipe and from the look of Nixios that may be true. His angry silence hangs in the air. You are obviously waiting for a third member to begin.
Feel free to describe your appearances in detail I will post them to Julia when she arrives. The Interrogator will not start conversation until Julia arrives but you might.

DrK
2011-08-04, 08:01 AM
Nixios

GM and Cyrene

Nixios rolls across the floor wincing in agony from the rough treatment and the beatings. His joints screaming from the dehydration, cradling the bottle they had given him he rips the top open hurriedly and with massive gulps drains over 2/3rds of it. Eyeing the impassive and sullen looking Inquisitor Nixios grips the bottle with last dregs tightly, hoping that it won't be taken away.

Looking at his companion he eyes her up and down with suspicion and moves to hide his bottle away from her Hmm, probably a bodyguard of sorts he thinks to himself. Calling his years of harsh training he forces himself to his feet despite the protestation of his joints. Nixios stands tall despite the stomach cramps and bruises, his normally shaven head and clean face both show the efforts of days without a razor and his clothing is filthy from his time in the airless, bucketless cell, to all intents and purposes he's has come from a sewer.

Staggering slightly he looks slightly defiantly at the inquisitor before swaying across the room and pouring himself into on the hard metallic chairs. Facing the old man patiently and waiting to be addressed. - If there was one thing you learned in the Moritat it was not address your superiors before you were invited to.

GM only

As he watched the Inquisitor his thoughts turned back to the interrogations in the cramped and dark cell. When they had offered him water he'd broken, and broken badly. Words spilling out faster than he could speak as he sought to give them any answer they desired just to get the water he needed to recover from the blows of the Acolytes shock maul. After that performance maybe he was hear for execution? he thought to himself as he gulped down the bottle they'd given him. Well, I that is what will come then I shall it face like a servant of the Emperor.

WP Test

My hard willpower test (needing an 8!)
[roll0]
man these constant high numbers aren't good!

Orosboru
2011-08-04, 08:33 AM
GM + Nixios
Cyrene

Initially, the questions where "where's my mates?" and "what are my new orders?" Now, only a stony silence follows her. Cyrene is wearing a extremely old fashioned guard uniform, almost out of a holopic. Her fair skin and brown hair look rustic and uniformly cut with a instrument way too big. Her grey eyes are ashen, with no sign of hope.

Looking at the newest person, she desperately tried to see if he looked like any of her squadmates. She looked up and down at him, trying to find a familiar. He was too short to be Toril. Too ugly to be handsome Lysan. Too tall to be her brother, Jozen. She sighed softly. He looked like a mess. Whatever fate had befell him, she wanted to avoid.

But where were they? And why was she the only one taken?

In the Guard, they teach you to obey orders. Cyrene remains cold as her home, waiting for some orders so she doesn't have to think anymore. She respectfully gives her at attention look of alertness, waiting for the sitrep to begin. Clearly, the stranger was doing the same.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-04, 09:06 AM
GM:
Julia's heart starts pounding in her throat as she reads the note. Relax, she tells herself. You're clever and talented, that's why you have been chosen by the will of our great Emperor! She finally regains her composure and leaves her room with a proud smile on her face.
GM:
Julia spent the three weeks walking around the ship trying to talk to as many people as possible. During her education on Scintilla she often felt a bit too secluded for her liking. Now she tries to spend her time making acquaintances, learning new things about the world. She soon realized that the commander was not of a friendly kind and neither was his crew so she ignored them completely. Who would care about them as long as she had others to share her luxurious comfort with?

SleepyBadger
2011-08-04, 11:59 AM
(OoC: sorry for double post)
GM:
Julia walks along the silent corridors wondering what might happen. She passes the room of Adrox, a fellow cleric she met on the first day she came onboard. The door's open but nobody seems to be inside. She wouldn't have the time for lengthish conversations now anyway, though it might have been interesting to know whether Adrox'd ever met Interrogator Zimbad. Julia has not heard the name before.
Her heart starts fluttering again as she nears the briefing hall. Running her fingers through her reddish hair she steps forward into the room.

ellna
2011-08-04, 12:24 PM
Julia:This is the briefing hall. It is a large room dominated by a massive screen which flickers currently with the =I= Of the Inquisition. A massive iron table stands before the screen. Three seats face the screen. One taken up by Nixios. At the other end sits. Interrogator Zimbad. A look of distaste is spread across his face. His is heavily built with dark skin burnt by the sun of some, unknown to you, planet. He looks at you as though you had crawled from a waste outlet pipe and from the look of Nixios that may be true.
As Julia enters the room less than a minute after you have arrived Zimbad begins to stir from his baleful glower. He straightens stiffly in his chair and fixes her with a look of sheer annoyance.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-04, 01:13 PM
What the heck, Julia thinks. Does this guy hate me for the same unknown reason as the commander and his crew? Or is he just generally mad at everyone because he reputedly botched some job? She enters the room wearing a stern, thoughtful face.
"You summoned me, Interrogator Zimbad", she says politely. "I'm Julia Grachus, pleased to finally meet you." She looks around the room trying to discern her surroundings.

ellna
2011-08-04, 01:34 PM
Zimbad Snorts unpleasantly at Julia's address. His words boom loudly reverberating off the iron walls. The spite is all too apparent. "The pleasure is all yours I assure you. I know your name and I should hope you will in future keep any pleasure from leaving your lips in my presence." His silence broken he continues to belch words of the same ilk. He turns his head to the fix the others with his scorn. "Look what they give me to work with. A failed assassin who sticks to a bottle like his mother's teet and blubs like a babe without it. And a relic from the past, forgotten and as dusty as the grave of her father. I am I to coddle a baby and care for the decrepit?"

SleepyBadger
2011-08-04, 02:22 PM
Julia looks at the two others with interest, seeing them for the first time in her life. She almost greets them kindly as she would normally do, but then remembers being in the presence of the Interrogator. So she remains silent, waiting for Zimbad to finish his ramblings and get to the task.

DrK
2011-08-04, 02:23 PM
Nixios raises his head at the bile spilling from the Inquisitor. He looks at the two women, suspicious of their clean clothes and well cared for appearance in stark contrast to his filth smeared clothes, unshaven face with 5 days of stubble and bleary bloodshot eyes.

He fixes the inquisitor with a harsh stare, deliberately taking a sip from the bottle. No matter the words, he knew from his training that hydration was essential to being prepared for combat. Once he was rehydrated and reaquainted with his gear he would show this man how capable he was..

"Master Inquisitor", he hesitates over the title but glancing around the baroque ornamentation and obvious wealth it seems suitable. "What is it that you require of us, or me?"

Orosboru
2011-08-04, 02:28 PM
Cyrene remains silent. She hasn't been given permission to speak freely. Although she would usually rankle at being called a old relic (or useless, for that matter) her hopes sink at the news of her father. He was dead? No, she just left him weeks ago. What was happening at home? Sadness crept into his posture, but she quickly stood back straight. She was not sitting down. She had not been ordered to sit down. Cyrene gives the newcomer a brief glance before resuming her vigil.

ellna
2011-08-04, 04:07 PM
The Interrogator sneers at Nixios' address. "Ah High lord Nixios speaks to his betters with a true respect. You assume to be taken before a master Inquisitor. What have you done to deserve such a honour. How many demons have fallen under your sword. How much have you bled in service to the Emperor." He seems set to continue indefinitely with his ranting, but he stops himself. Not content however to allow Cyrene to hide in ignorance and obedience. He dismisses Nixios in favour of her."Do you have a tongue to offend my ears with. I thought even a child could speak, but perhaps the years have robbed you of that gift. What insight do you have to offer venerable grandfather? I truly would like to hear it. Unless of course your mind is as addled as your pilot's."

Orosboru
2011-08-04, 04:20 PM
"No sir! I am capable, sir! Cyrene looks straight forward. "I regret that I have not bled enough for the Emperor, sir!" Finally. Some familiarity. At least it was the same nasty she'd been drilled to obey.

ellna
2011-08-04, 04:31 PM
Zimbad smiles and leans forward. "Your spirit is not lacking I see. However I fear your training will not of prepared you for service in the Inquisition. Obedience must be tempered with intuition and careful thought. You must think for yourself. Tell me What do you think."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-04, 04:32 PM
This man is supposed to be wise beyond his years, Julia thinks with disgust. And yet he doesn't realize that he will only make his own sorry life more miserable with this attitude. Ranting about childishly instead of elaborating the mission at hand. Unprofessional. It's not a question what he botched so that he could not climb higher. The question is what he managed to do to retain this position. He's definitely unworthy of it.
Hiding her impatience she asks in a clear voice: "I take it from your words that you have a task for us?"

ellna
2011-08-04, 04:46 PM
Zimbad snaps at Julia. "Yes I do. Do you think I share this room with you for my pleasure. Perhaps your quick wits can aid Cyrene on connecting the dots. I doubt she has fully grasped her situation. "

Orosboru
2011-08-04, 04:48 PM
"...I think that something horrible happened to my shipmates. They're all dead, but I am living." Her face remained stoic. "That is the reason I am here, sir. I think that I still have some small value to the Emperor, but I know nothing, sir. And that is your purpose. To change that. Sir." She stops thinking. "I apologize for being so frank, sir. It is not my place to question, sir."

DrK
2011-08-04, 05:19 PM
My Lord Nixios begins, As you well know I have not killed many demons, nor bled as much many in service to the Emperor. His bloodshot eyes tighten slightly however as he continues What it is that you would have me do? Or these women?. His hands tighten on the edge of the table, knuckels whitening. You must have alofty goal for us, its not our conversation you want....

Pausing, he waits, somewhat worriedly to see the result of his outburst.

ellna
2011-08-04, 05:57 PM
Zimbad looks uncomfortable at Cyrene's word's. "Yes some small worth. Small worth indeed. You should endevour to acquire more of it."

He looks across at Nixios. The words seem seem to stun him slightly, his eyes widen. He takes a moment to respond. "It is my sincerest regret that your blood isn't what the Imperium needs right now. I'm sure that at least you still have. Cyrene is ready, eager even to join you in bleeding. I suppose that may be all you prove useful for. If anything at all."

He rises from the table and moves toward the screen. Perhaps finally he will begin to brief you on the matter at hand. His robes billow about him as he waves at the table. "Sit. I grow weary of this idle talk. The Inquistion requires your..." He spits out the word. "... service. Maybe if you manage not to spit yourself I will bleed you apon your return." He presses a button on the screen and an image of a shuttle appears replacing that of the =I=.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-05, 02:37 AM
Julia sits down and listens carefully.

ellna
2011-08-05, 12:13 PM
You can tell from the shift in his attitude, that now begins the serious talk. His voice is a dispassionate monotone as he reels of a careful explanation of your mission. "You are to travel to the Planet Tirella. This will not be in an official capacity. You are there as spies. We have received word from a senior acolytes that something warrants our watchful eye. For a while now we have had an acolyte tracking the actions of this noble." Click. The screen is filled with a picture of a man. It's easy to see how life has treated him. He looks no more than 20, his complexion is smooth as silk and pale as milk. His face is framed by blonde hair that extends beyond the picture. His eyes a dull brown. The picture appears to be taken at some kind of party, no doubt without his knowledge. His eyes look off the image at some unknown personage. "He is a powerful political force on Tirella. Needless to say he needs to be controlled. Our agent has been following him. He recently has been touring the system. We received a sub space transmission that this man." The screen flickers and shows an unremarkable man. Gaunt, cropped hair and a blank face. "This man works for him. He has met with a group of people. Known to be smugglers and thieves." The picture changes through a series of images. They are grainy and of much poorer quality than the others you have seen so far. They show the man talking with a bunch of men, none of whom are identifiable from the picture. As the images flicker you see something change hands. "Shortly after these pictures where taken the group left for Tirella. Followed a few days behind by the noble and his entourage, also heading for Tirella. You are to set up surveillance on this group and await a senior acolyte who is being tasked to relive you. The cargo has been tagged electronically with a tracker. You should have little promblem locating it once you arrive on Tirella. They have travelled aboard the White Brother. A small planet hopper. I suggest you start you search for the from there. The captain may prove to be useful. To ensure he doesn't prove useful to anyone else it would be best to kill him, if you choose to question him. Remember you can't allow your affiliation to us to become know." The screen shows another group of poor pictures. These show what you assume to be the group from before speaking with another man. They then board a large shuttle. This is followed by several images of crates being loaded onto the ship. "Of course killing a captain of a ship could lead back to you and carries it's own problems with it. " He adds this as an after thought.

He pauses briefly before continuing...

The image returns to that of the shuttle. A simple affair for planetary landing and ship to ship transfer. In fact you recognise it as the craft that brought you aboard. "I've have planned the details of your insertion and..." he chuckles" ... Your return. Documents have been prepared for you with your false identities. However due to the... delicate nature of this task you can't stroll in fully armed. I suggest you leave anything not easily concealable he aboard the ship. Long arms are expressly forbidden for civilians and you will find their port security quite thorough. The first part of you journey will take place aboard our own luxury shuttle. You will however have to settle for the cargo bay this time around." The image changes showing to inside of the shuttle. Another image goes to the cargo hold. "We will be boarding The Chalice Hope a transport that will be exiting from the warp soon." He clicks again and a picture of an ancient bucket that barely passes as a warp capable ship. Schematics for a docking port come up. Outside a large room that functions, according to the labels, as a human cargo area. "We have received confirmation of this. We will board the ship an clear the area around the docking port. After all personal have left the shuttle you will enter the ship and hide yourself aboard. Assuming no trouble from the captain and his crew will remove a copy of it's flight data on leave The Chalice Hope within a hour. After which it will be docking with Xerox hive"

Another click and the board displays a picture that could pass for any Imperial Hive. A mountain of metal piercing the clouds and squating on a chemically devastated planet. "Once on you have proceed into the Hive you should first find your contact there. He is a man placed deeply within the church there. He has a wealth of funds at his disposal that you will need you will be able to use to ensure your success." An image of a preist flashes up. He is broad set with brown short brown hair and green eyes. The image is taken in what looks to be a chapel. He stands at a pulpit his arms raised and mouth wide. No doubt praising the God-Emperor. " Your mission is not just to st-up a safe-house, but to locate a location to use for surveillance. Rember this. Until you are relieved you will be tasked with constant watchfulness. You will watch them. Your mission is not to engage, but to set up the ground work for a senior acolyte. After you are relived you will leave aboard the Stripped Branch." The ship appears on the screen. It is a sleek craft obviously not built for warp travel, but inter-system travel. It comes complete with images of sumptuous rooms lavished with all the fineries." This craft will dock at Chorro IV" The screen changes to an image of a space station. A large metal platform high above the planet of Tirella. "From here you need only to proceed to hangar 17 where pickup will await you. If you make it that far you may prove useful after all and if not remember impersonation of an Inquisition acolyte is punishable by death. Have I made by self clear... Any questions?"

He looks around to table.

OOC:Feel free to make checks to glean any extra information from your own knowledge.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-05, 03:06 PM
"I do have a few questions if I might, Interrogator Zimbad", Julia says. "First of all, f the group is involved in some illicit activity they are likely to suspect a tracker having been placed on their ship. Can we use other official ways to find the White Brother in the case they removed the tool? Or do you happen to have more information about the captain's identity? Also, I presume while being on suveillance we're also expected to deliver further evidence of their crime. Hopefully the contact you mentioned will be of assistance in obtaining the necessary equipment. What name is this contact known by?"

DrK
2011-08-05, 04:08 PM
Nixios looks at the image on the holcron. Master Zimbad, if I may ask? Why do we not just kill this corrupt creature?. He pauses a moment waiting for the answer, or an admonishment before continuig.
You mention weapons, do they have rules pertaining to non-firearms? Also, unless the two ladies here have impressive skills at concealing things will we be provided with suitable surveillance equipment?.

Taking the last sip of his water. My apologies Master Zimbad. After my recent confinement would it it be possible for refreshments before we are deployed, I appear to have run out water....

Orosboru
2011-08-05, 04:16 PM
Cyrene listens to the other two talk. They've covered most of the points, but she really didn't have anything to say. When he is finished talking to the others, she says: "Sir! Do our identities have permission to bring pistols through customs, Sir!"

ellna
2011-08-05, 09:11 PM
He listens to questions and proceeds to answer them. His voice is weary and spite leeks into it again. "I sincerely doubt a rabble of their likeness even know what such a device is. You have to bear in mind they only think simple thoughts. Like you. Should however some quirk of fate should befall the track I suppose you'll have to track it by other means. Finding the White brother shouldn't be hard is after all an active ship. Seek to hire space aboard it's next run and you should find it. As to the captain's identity we have a file on him if you wish. I could have delivered to your quarters. Though I seem to recall it's little more than his Census Data, a Medicae Bio and flight plans dating back to when he acquired the ship. The local arbite's might have investigated him, but that would be on their files. Something I'm afraid you won't be forthcoming to you. I would suggest perhaps the offices of commerce as they will contain the cargo manifests. It will be difficult though to gain access to them without suspicion being aroused and I doubt that the offices' records are a matter of public knowledge. Probably a waste of time though I expect the records likely contain false data. Smugglers don't usefully file forms truthfully. Your goal for surveillance should be to discover what that cargo is. What is the connection to the noble? The contact is brother Xandos, the preacher at the temple to Emperor's glorious name. He has control of the tithe of the church there. He is completely loyal to the Inquisition and has been integrated into the planet for a long time. He shall provide you with adequate funds to purchase any equipment you feel is necessary. His knowledge of the local area may prove invaluable. If he chooses to share it with you."

Nixios' query doesn't go down well with Zimbad. "Because we obey orders. It is not your place to question them. He is necessary. So we are restricted to gathering information on his actions and waiting." He smiles cruely. "No man is necessary for ever though. Everybody is expendable." He pauses and leans down on the table, glowering at Nixios. "Blades greater than two spans of your hand forbidden without a proof of lineage. Finding suitable equipment is up to you. I trust this shouldn't prove to hard for someone of your skills" He straightens and pinches his nose. "You'll find water in your room along with your equipment." He mutters to himself. "What do they send me?"

Cyrene's question is answered with a "Yes". He looks to say more, but refrains. He stands there staring at the acolytes, his gaze burning into them.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-06, 02:23 AM
"I see. We shall have a look at the files then." Julia rises and looks at her two future companions questioningly. "I am ready to leave."

ellna
2011-08-06, 01:00 PM
Zimbad acknowledges Julia. "I will see to it you are provided with the the information we have. Please ensure your collegues find their way to there rooms. They will in the row as yours. Please ensure you report to hangar 2 within the hour. I trust this will provide no problems."

DrK
2011-08-06, 01:17 PM
Nixios waits until he has leave to depart from the Inquisitor before turning to Julia. With your leave misstress? and trotting off to his room and immediately switching on the taps and having 3 drinks in rapid succession. That done he looks about for his belongings before stepping into the shower to cleanse himself of the week of filth from his stay in the cell. Its a long shower- the water feels good.

Shower done, equipment stowed away he looks at his bags figuring the best way to conceal his crossbow pistol and various knives. The sword may have to stay behind...

SleepyBadger
2011-08-06, 08:53 PM
Julia leads the two strangers to their rooms and prepares quickly for the journey ahead. There will always be time to talk later. Stowing away her belongings she takes a last look at her luxurious room, then heads out to the corridor to say goodbye to Adrox for the time being. After that she proceeds to remind her companions on time being an essental factor.

Orosboru
2011-08-07, 08:12 AM
Cyrene examines her weapons. She remembered hunting with this musket, shooting a animal's inedibles to make the most of it. Her laspistol, given to her by her father. Her lasgun, which she did not lose through all of her years of training. She was allowed no keepsake, but she did have those memories. She did not allow herself to cry.

Her regimental uniform was still as fresh as the day she left it. Perhaps a guard's flak wouldn't be as stealthy as the Interrogator wanted. But given no civvies, she donned her faith and armour and waited.

ellna
2011-08-07, 09:01 AM
Julia:Argh I'm not at my home computer. You find the data pad waiting for you in the room. I've got it's contents ready I'll send it to you via PM when I get home. Make an intelligence check in the mean time. Expect the info at 5pm GMT.

Following Julia you find your rooms have already been prepared for you. You all share a corridor. The rooms are elegant and luxurious. They far exceed your expectations of your accommodation and seem excessive in their finery. It's a shame you haven't more time to enjoy it. Soon after you arrive servants bring you each a small box which unlocks at your touch. Within the boxes are your fake documents, a knife each which is flaked in dirt and rust and a set of clothes. The clothes smell faintly of mould and human waste and dirt is ground into them. They certainly seem the part.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 09:21 AM
Julia
Intelligence check: [roll0] (INT: 42).

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 01:14 PM
Waiting for her companions outside Julia feels the datapad in her pack to make sure she didn't forget to bring it along. She also brought the fake ID named Lydia Craxus. As soon as her companions join her she will lead them along the familiar way to the hangar.

DrK
2011-08-07, 01:41 PM
Nixios comes quickly out into the corridor. His bag consipicously heavy with the 6 bottles of water that he had filled it with. His monosword left behind and other weapons concealed in the bottom or about his person and his fake ID reading Astex Nitrish in his hip pocket.

Seeing Julia waiting in the corridor he tops his head in a slight salute. "Do you have a name Maam? I am named Nixios. Did the Inquisitor supply more information to you about this mission?"

Orosboru
2011-08-07, 01:53 PM
Cyrene walks out into the hall with the others. Looking at the current squad composition, it looks like she is leading. Her laspistol tucked away in a external holster, she walks up and waits for her to speak.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 02:53 PM
"My name is Julia Grachus", Julia tells the others. "And I may have more information but now it's not the right time or place to share it. We should wait until we can discuss it in private. The hangar's this way", she continues and proceeds to move along the corridors.

ellna
2011-08-07, 03:11 PM
Following Julia you find the way to the hanger where the shuttle is docked. It sits in the bay like a hungry beast it's maw open and waiting to receive you. As you approach a single servant steps out from the shadows and hands Julia a small Auspex before scuttling away. It's seems you are alone in the hangar with the waiting shuttle.

Julia:You don't recognise the servant that presents you the Auspex. The Auspex has a single button and a display. The total size of the thing is less than a playing card and only as thick as a finger.

DrK
2011-08-07, 03:19 PM
Nixios looks with slight interest at the auspex before he moves to enter the shuttlecraft looking for a comfortable seat, throwing his bag onto a nearby seat and then finding the bathroom, filling a glass with water and sipping carefully.
"Whenerver you're ready Miss Grachus"

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 08:07 PM
Julia pockets the auspex for now and borders the shuttle as well.

Orosboru
2011-08-07, 08:08 PM
Cyrene moves stiffly, uncomfortable without her full armour and enters the shuttle.

ellna
2011-08-08, 05:00 AM
Within the main body of the shuttle you find ample seating about 50 seats line the wall with straps. The cargo bay door lies open and the light above it it flashes. The flight deck of this shuttle is locked shut. You still by your own recognition have quite a lot of time before you board the Chalice Hope.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 04:41 PM
OoC: Are we alone? Julia will check for hidden bugs.
Awareness (Per / 2 = 14)[roll0]

ellna
2011-08-08, 04:51 PM
Julia:You are entirely alone within the main area of the Shuttle. You can hear no obvious noises other than than those of you and you fellow acolytes. Nothing is visible from a look around. You are suitably convinced that you are indeed alone not just in the shuttle, but also the loading bay.

Looking for bugs would require a search roll and some active searching. From a brief look you can't spot anything that looks out of place.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 05:05 PM
Julia will also search for bugs.
Search: Perception / 2 = 14 [roll0]

ellna
2011-08-08, 05:15 PM
Julia:Please post a description of your search for bugs. An IC one.

You discover no bugs. Not even a hint of tampering can be seen in this shuttles interior. All the bulkheads are firmly bolted down and minute trace of rust provide proof that they haven't moved in the many years of their service. The lockers are empty and even the emergency medkit yields no bugs. Nothing is hidden beneath the seats or woven into the seat straps. You perform an exhaustive search and are pretty sure you haven't missed any nook or cranny. Yet still no bug is to be found.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 05:37 PM
"Well I think we should be safe here", Julia says. "I have some additional information about the captain we seek. Hopefully we will be able to find him even if they eliminated the tracker from the ship. But first of course we have to get there. What are your thoughts on the matter? Does either of you know his way around Tirella or the Xerox Hive?"

DrK
2011-08-09, 12:37 AM
Nixios watches the two women on their bug hunt with a wry smile, sitting comfortably while sipping a nice refreshing cool water. WHen the search comes up with nothing and Julia finally addresses him he wakes up a little. I'm afraid I can tell you nothing Miadam Julia. This has been my first time off my homeworld

If you don't mind the question? What skills do the two of you possess that the Inquisitor values highly enough to send you on this mission?

SleepyBadger
2011-08-09, 08:46 AM
"I think it was quite obvious that we do not possess any qualities worthy of this quest, at least according to Interrogator Zimbad", Julia remarks dryly. She then turns to Cyrene. "And you? Do you know anything about Tirella?"

Orosboru
2011-08-09, 09:43 AM
"I know nothing, miss." Cyrene was a fish out of water. Even in this strange command, she was the least amongst equals.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-09, 10:40 AM
"The captain's files look a bit suspicious", Julia explains. "First of all the ship may be more what it appears to be given the amount of thrones spent on it since its purchase. And the captain... he seems to spend all his wealth on healthcare and yet his files indicate an amputated limb even though he's apparently not missing any. You get the picture."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-10, 05:59 AM
Julia stays silent for a long while expecting to hear some comments on her words. "Ugh, never mind then", she finally says. "I guess we should concentrate on the task at hand. We'll have to hide onboard once we're on the Chalice Hope. Any thoughts on where to hide effectively?"

DrK
2011-08-10, 06:03 AM
Nixios looks at the woman in charge. Maybe the cargo holds or the spaces between the deck plating. If the ship if large enough there should be many places to hole up. Then once we are in transit we can start creeping about more effectively.

He takes another sip of water. Do you know much of tirella Miss Grachus?

SleepyBadger
2011-08-10, 06:19 AM
"I've never been to Tirella myself. So I know no more than we were told, Mr..." Julia's voice trails off.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-11, 09:51 AM
Julia sighs. This is going to be hard, she thinks. A woman who can't talk and a man who wouldn't. I guess brainstorming is out.
"So which planet are you from, Mr Nixios?", she asks. "Or is this your first name?"

Orosboru
2011-08-11, 09:54 AM
"I'm sorry, miss. I'm not the best conversation, but I'll try." Cyrene shyly looks at the two of you. "Since we are disguised as civilians, we have the element of surprise. We shouldn't squander it."

DrK
2011-08-11, 10:40 AM
Nixios looks at the young lady. "My name is Nixios Metalius. I am from Volk Hive on Fenksworld." He pauses a moment to see if she recognises the name. "As you can imagine I'm quite happy to see the back of that toxic wasteground."

He pauses, as if weighing up whether or not to continue. "I'm afraid my history is not very interesting. I was a petty thief and obviously picked the pockets of the wrong citizen" He shrugs helplessly. "What about you Miss Grachus, where in this fine sector do you hail from?"

SleepyBadger
2011-08-11, 12:15 PM
"I'm from the Tarsus Hive on Scintilla", Julia says. "And I've never been away from there before either. I'm part of the clergy of our Lord Emperor", she adds with pride. Then, turning to Cyrene she continues: "Very true. The element of surprise is an important aspect if it ever comes to a fight. Although as far as I can tell, we may not need to prepare for combat for a surveillance job. However, we should discuss the captain's case as we may have to silence him one way or the other."

ellna
2011-08-14, 08:27 AM
Silence follows Julia's words. Eventually it is broken as Interrogator Zimbad strides on board the shuttle. He looks at you with a look of mild irritation. He quickly orders you into the cargo bay which he locks behind you. It's lit by a single dim light and is quite small. Smaller you realise than the area where the passengers sit. There a few crates that manage to provide a purchase for you to sit on. Through the thick bulkheads you can hear the shuttle begin to fill up. The whine of engines sound drowns out any hope of conversation. Your not sure how long passes, but eventually you here the final sounds of docking clamps, click into place. The engines power down and the noise of the passengers become apparent again. They stomp off the shuttle and leave you in silence once again...

The locking light on the cargo bay lights up green. This is it you are aboard the The Chalice Hope and now your mission has started.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-14, 09:56 AM
Julia feels unsafe not having travelled too much in her life. She does her best to make herself comfortable among the crates.

DrK
2011-08-16, 03:38 PM
Nixios looks around him before throwing down his bag and trying to arrange a comfortable way to lie He keeps his crossbow pistol close to hand and a knife nearby just in case. Dragging a few small boxes about he trie to conceal hs nest a lttle moe from the doorway. "Just in case" he mutters to the girls if they look at him strangely.

Concealment [roll]1d100