PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Creature Template

Morithias
2011-08-03, 06:17 PM
The Epic level handbook has the "Legendary Tiger" and "Legendary Bear" but I can't find anywhere in it, what the "template" actually involves doing to the base creature? Am I just missing it, or does it not exist at all? If it does exist, can someone point me towards what it does. Thank you all!

Madcrafter
2011-08-03, 06:41 PM
I don't believe a template for the legendary animals exists, since they are supposed to be relatively rare, if not unique. If you look at the legendary versions of the bear and tiger compared to their regular forms, they have had different things altered by varying amounts (eg Str increase is the same, but the tiger has gained a lot more Dex). Presumably just use them as a guide to making any other animals you would want.
There may be a homebrew version of a similar template though.

Edit: Just found those extra legendary animals in the MM2 as well.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-08-03, 06:44 PM
Legendary Animals are an upgrade from Dire Animals. There's no template to convert a mundane animal to Dire or Legendary status. However, you can find quite a few specific Legendary Animals in the Monster Manual 2. Not to be confused with the Monster of Legend template, also in MM2.