PDA

View Full Version : Questions about spell like abilitys.

Metahuman1
2011-08-03, 07:21 PM
Ok, I recently discovered on these boards a means of getting all my Sorcerer spells to be cast as spell like ability's. And shortly there after, I found a DM and a game that would accommodate doing this.

So, I have a few questions I'm hoping to get answers too as I build this character. Some of them may be put in the build depending on the answer, others are a matter of curiosity.

First question: How would this interact with the Spell Pool Class feature of the Mage of the Arcane Order Prestige class from Complete Arcane?

Second question: How would this interact with the spell storing ability's of an Item Familiar form Unearthed Arcana?

Third Question: How would this interact with the Aligned Spell caster AFC and the Spell Focus feats?

Fourth question: How in general would this interact with Item creation feats?

Fifth Question: How does this interact with Reserve feats?

And I have one separate but related question. Does anyone know of feats I could use to add an energy type to spells/spell like ability's to fuel reserve feats?

And again, if the DM of the game I'm building the spell like ability's Sorcerer, again, not gonna use all of this, a good chunk of it is just curiosity.

Thank you for your help play ground.

Greenish
2011-08-03, 07:51 PM
How it all works depends on the source of the SLAs, since they tend to have exceptions, but by general rules…

#1 They don't.
#2 It wouldn't.
#3 They wouldn't.
#4 You'd have the CL to qualify, but the SLA wouldn't count for actually crafting stuff (I think). Also, I know some people aren't fond of using the letter "u", but it does appear in the word "fourth".
#5 It doesn't.

Energy Admixture, Energy Substitution and Snowcasting work for spells.