PDA

View Full Version : Help with s/b build pls

jaradaj
2011-08-04, 08:16 AM
I have a dilemma i'm hoping to get some help with. My experience with d&d 3.5 is very limited and i've been strong armed into a sword and board fighter roll. I'm trying to create a build that can hold it's own given the large limitations presented and i thought i'd need some help with it.

List of acceptable sources;
-phb
-phb2
-expanded psionics
-complete adventurer
-complete arcane
-complete champion
-complete mage
-complete scoundrel
-complete psionic
-complete warrior
-pathfinder core rule book
-pathfinder advanced players guild

Ask first sources;
-heroes of battle
-heroes of horror
-dragon magazine
-races of destiny
-races of stone
-races of wild
-frostburn
-sandstorm
-stormwrach
-miniatures handbook
-defenders of the faith
-masters of the wild
-song and silence
-sword and fist

Everything else is banned

Home brewed feats;
SHIELD PUSH [GENERAL]

You can push opponents back by bashing them with your shield.
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Shield Proficiency.
Benefit: Any shield bash you make with a small or large shield also affects your opponent as if you had performed a bull rush, making an opposed strength check with size modifiers as normal. You don't actually move into your opponent's square or incur attacks of opportunity for the bash. You also can't move your opponent back more than 5 feet, nor can you move along with the defender. An opponent moved by this attack does not suffer attacks of opportunity from the movement. You can't use this feat with a buckler. If you have the Improved Bull Rush Feat, you gain a +4 bonus to the opposed Strength Check.
Special: A fighter may select Shield Push as one of his fighter bonus feats.
Credit: Originally appeared in Defenders of the Faith (© Wizards of the Coast, 2000) as Improved Shield Bash™ and also in the Miniatures Handbook(© Wizards of the Coast, 2003) as Pushback™ with slightly altered effects.

SHIELD CHARGE [GENERAL]

You are adept at knocking your opponents over if you use your shield as a weapon when charging.
Prerequisites: Improved Shield Bash, base attack bonus +3.
Benefit: If you hit an opponent with your shield as part of a charge action, in addition to dealing damage normally, you may make a trip attack without provoking an attack of opportunity. If you lose, the defender does not get to try to trip you in return. In addition, a shield charge using both hands gains the normal 1.5X strength bonus to the damage caused by the shield. If the shield as a secondary attack in an off hand, it still gains the normal strength bonus to damage (rather than 1/2 the strength bonus normally gained by an off hand attack).
Special: A fighter may select Shield Charge as one of his fighter bonus feats.
Credit: Reworked from the original Feat found in the Complete Warrior (© Wizards of the Coast, 2003) for clarification.

Here's what i was planning on making;
lvl 1 -improved shield bash
-improved trip
-combat expertise
lvl2 -knock down (changing this shield specialization)
lvl3 -shield charge
lvl4 -power attack
lvl5----------------------------------------
lvl6 -improved bull rush
-shock trooper (perhaps elusive attack, if so move everything down one from here)
lvl7----------------------------------------
lvl8 -shield slam
lvl9 -shield sling
lvl10-combat reflexes
lvl11-shield ward
lvl12-leap attack (maybe counterattack, if so move everything down one from here)
-active shield defense
lvl13-------------------------------------
lvl14-dodge (gaining mobility from armor enchant)
lvl15-elusive target
lvl16-curling wave strike (maybe over powering attack)
lvl17------------------------------------
lvl18-sidestep
lvl19------------------------------------
lvl20-powerful charge

My dm is allowing the shield to be used as a 2handed weapon so i can gain the 1.5xstr increase of damage. I plan on having a sheath added to the shield for a 1h weapon to be drawn as a free action if need be. If so, i might switch to agile shield fighter feat and trade it in somewhere. Maybe get hold the line. Can i do a charge attack as my full round single attack action using over powering attack for the double damage, then gain the bonus to AC from elusive attack and still use counter attack? I mean do those 3 attacks stack?

My idea for combat was to charge in, stunning and auto tripping the enemy i hit. Now i dont' know what i can do to make this better aisde from picking up a better weapon, which i can not. I bout walked away when i found out that i had to play this character since it's not what i wanted, but i refuse to quit without a fight.