PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Rush as an Archer

DragonBaneDM
2011-08-04, 01:36 PM
Heya fellas.

My Half-Orc Ranger just hit Epic Tier. Went with Raven Knight, and I really like what I can see in the path. The only thing I'm trying to make use of is Shadow Rush.

Turning insubstantial and gaining phasing while running is fantastic, but for a ranged character like me, how can I make use of that? My only option seems to be using it for running away.

Is/Are there any feat(s) I could possibly take to make running every move action I get a viable option?

Alternatively, maybe there's some sort of niche bow-charger build I've totally missed?

kieza
2011-08-04, 05:19 PM
If I recall correctly, you can run your speed +2 as a move action. Stand next to a wall, make your attacks as normal, and when you need to get away, run through the wall. Repeat as necessary.

DragonBaneDM
2011-08-04, 08:09 PM
If I recall correctly, you can run your speed +2 as a move action. Stand next to a wall, make your attacks as normal, and when you need to get away, run through the wall. Repeat as necessary.

True, but what I'm looking for is a way to use this as less of a retreat strategy and more of a general "I feel like taking half damage this round" type thing. Any idea how I can ditch the combat advantage and penalty to attacks that come with running?