PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Blast?

Dragonsoul
2011-08-04, 06:29 PM
I've got a Gestalt Shugenja/Warlock--> Stormcaster/Stormlord player in my game (I know, but I'm rule of cooling it) He's essentially a Raptoran Thor so I want an appropriate Eldritch Essence that deals Lightning Damage with an appropriate Secondary effect(Lesser Invocation) I've thought of Thundering, but he already has that with Stormcaster (With Infinate 0 Level spells he can use thunderclaps as Punctuation) For Comparison Freezing Blast gives -4 Dex and Burning Blast sets them on Fire.

Of course if one exists alreadt that'd be sweet too...

Cog
2011-08-04, 06:43 PM
You could look at what psionics does for the choose-your-flavor powers. A boost on to-hit or save DC if the target's wearing metal, and better at overcoming power resistance.

Alternatively, it might have a limited arcing effect; half damage in small burst around the target, maybe.

tanderson11
2011-08-04, 06:46 PM
What if instead of causing a debilitating effect, the blast arcs to an ally and gives the ally haste for 1 round?

I'm not sure how balanced this ability would be . . . but hey, it could be worth a shot, and it won't cause the Warlock to be become too powerful because it is a party buff.

marcielle
2011-08-04, 11:11 PM
Lightning generally sets anything flamable on fire. Especially if it has a high Resistance(actual Resistance, not the DnD term)