PDA

View Full Version : Epic Smoothie

Das Platyvark
2011-08-04, 11:08 PM
I made the smoothie of a lifetime just the other day. My blender was broken, so I got out the food processor to aid me endeavors. I threw in some frozen bananas, a bit of milk, and probably more vanilla than I should have used. Then I turned it on and let it run.
Turns out when you do this for long enough, the milk whips. As in, I just ate nigh on a quart of some delicious banana/whip cream. Twas beautiful.

Kuma Da
2011-08-04, 11:10 PM
I made the smoothie of a lifetime just the other day. My blender was broken, so I got out the food processor to aid me endeavors. I threw in some frozen bananas, a bit of milk, and probably more vanilla than I should have used. Then I turned it on and let it run.
Turns out when you do this for long enough, the milk whips. As in, I just ate nigh on a quart of some delicious banana/whip cream. Twas beautiful.

And lo do I weep bitter tears for the memory of this smoothie. May all desert beverages be as perfect as it was.

Rakmakallan
2011-08-05, 03:20 AM
You should all try this recipe: 1 banana, 1 other fruit (preferably an apricot, apple or peach, but really almost anything will work), milk, a spoonful of yogurt, and honey. Blend them together and add ice or ground ice. Of course you can create a variations, such as adding almonds. Cheers.

polity4life
2011-08-05, 06:29 AM
Vanilla soy milk makes for a great smoothie ingredient. Food for thought.

Keld Denar
2011-08-05, 10:04 AM
Recent thread is relevant. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209429)

EDIT: Needs moar rum!

Esprit15
2011-08-05, 04:07 PM
What type of milk was it? Whole I'm guessing, right?

Das Platyvark
2011-08-05, 08:19 PM
What type of milk was it? Whole I'm guessing, right?

The local store was in fact out of whole milk, and this smoothie was done with 2%.

Esprit15
2011-08-06, 01:25 PM
The local store was in fact out of whole milk, and this smoothie was done with 2%.

Wow, I'm surprised it even whipped.

Vella_Malachite
2011-08-06, 08:09 PM
That sounds amazing. I'm not such a fan of banana, but I wonder if it would work with rasperries or something...

Dr.Epic
2011-08-07, 12:28 AM
What do you call it when you mix fruit punch with mountain dew and then crumple some cookies into that and pour salt into it? 'Cause I've drank this.

Esprit15
2011-08-07, 02:42 AM
What do you call it when you mix fruit punch with mountain dew and then crumple some cookies into that and pour salt into it? 'Cause I've drank this.

I'd call it crazy juice. Remove the cookies and salt and we'll talk business.:smalltongue:

Lord Loss
2011-08-07, 01:08 PM
You should all try this recipe: 1 banana, 1 other fruit (preferably an apricot, apple or peach, but really almost anything will work), milk, a spoonful of yogurt, and honey. Blend them together and add ice or ground ice. Of course you can create a variations, such as adding almonds. Cheers.

I just made this and it was awesome. At first we tried it with Peach and Banana and it was good, but it tasted even better when we threw in lots of strawberries.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-07, 05:56 PM
I'd call it crazy juice. Remove the cookies and salt and we'll talk business.:smalltongue:

Remove the cookies and salt!? Um, maybe you didn't read my post clearly, but the cookies and salt is what gives the drink its kick.

The Succubus
2011-08-08, 10:01 AM
Remove the cookies and salt!? Um, maybe you didn't read my post clearly, but the cookies and salt is what gives the drink its kick.

Huh.

I always thought the way you made an Epic Smoothie was by grabbing a certain forum poster and stuffing them into a blender. Ice optional.