PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds

rbetieh
2011-08-05, 10:46 AM
(Silly, for fun musings starting off with a what are the odds)

That Tarquin kills off Julio Scoundrel and that it turns out that Julio actually taught Tarquin the dashing swordsman technique?

Final victory scene has ghost Julio, ghot Shojo and ghost Tarquin looking on as Elan stands triumphant with his friends.....

HZ514
2011-08-05, 11:49 AM
Tarquin killing Julio Scoundrel would probably be the most dramatically appropriate way for him to die at this point. And, as you said, it gives rise to a very plausible Star Wars parody at the end with three ghosts appearing to Elan. I dunno about Shojo being the third ghost, though.

Chuck Peirce
2011-08-05, 11:52 AM
It would be a ridiculous stretch just for the Star Wars reference; however, if the plot does take a turn in that general direction, the ghost gag would be hilarious.

Ron Miel
2011-08-05, 11:56 AM
I dunno about Shojo being the third ghost, though.

Miko, then.

No, wait. Belkar. You've gotta have 2 big guys and a little one.

Howler Dagger
2011-08-05, 12:01 PM
maybe ghost roy? seeing how elan looks up to him.............

rbetieh
2011-08-05, 03:15 PM
Miko, then.

Ghost Belkar would be a hilarious subversion of the scene. Small, young wisecracker instead of small wise old man. You could really really subvert it by making the third ghost Half-Ogre with spiked chain though....

Hbgplayer
2011-08-05, 03:22 PM
It would be cool, but not likely. :elan:

MoonCat
2011-08-05, 03:28 PM
Eh, it was possible a while ago, bt now the plot has really gone a different direction.

dps
2011-08-06, 06:33 PM
I dunno about Shojo being the third ghost, though.

Thematically, the 3rd ghost should be someone else important to Elan. Nale, maybe, but that would imply a heel face turn on his part that I find highly unlikely. Haley would also work, but that would seem to deny Elan his happy ending. Maybe Roy, if he dies again. Belkar might work, since Elan's the closest thing to a friend that he has (other than Mr Scruffy).

FujinAkari
2011-08-06, 09:30 PM
Thematically, the 3rd ghost should be someone else important to Elan. Nale, maybe, but that would imply a heel face turn on his part that I find highly unlikely. Haley would also work, but that would seem to deny Elan his happy ending. Maybe Roy, if he dies again. Belkar might work, since Elan's the closest thing to a friend that he has (other than Mr Scruffy).

Hello? The third ghost would CLEARLY be Banjo! :P

ORione
2011-08-06, 11:03 PM
Hello? The third ghost would CLEARLY be Banjo! :P

But Banjo lives!

Are you theorizing that Banjo will die?

Dr.Epic
2011-08-06, 11:06 PM
Miko, then.

Miko was cut in half so technically she is a "little one" as it were.:smallwink:

FujinAkari
2011-08-07, 01:05 AM
But Banjo lives!

Are you theorizing that Banjo will die?

Banjo is a god! He has transcended such status trivialities as "positive" and "negative" hitpoints!

rbetieh
2011-08-07, 02:26 PM
What if Giggles kills Banjo? :smalleek:

GSFB
2011-08-07, 03:07 PM
Banjo being a god can appear in ghost form at will as necessary for dramatic or comedic effect and would surely take this opportunity.

Another option is Durkon, who is also supposed to die and meets the short criteria.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-07, 04:02 PM
It would be a ridiculous stretch just for the Star Wars reference; however, if the plot does take a turn in that general direction, the ghost gag would be hilarious.

Because there haven't been any other Star Wars references/gags in this story arc at all.