PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco vs. Philly, new rivals?

Hbgplayer
2011-08-06, 12:35 AM
Did anyone watch tonight's Giants-Phillies game? It seems that they are going to be bigger rivals, this year, than Dodgers v. Giants; at least between the players. :furious:

Daze
2011-08-06, 02:16 PM
I saw the replay on sports center. Victorino got hit on purpose I do not doubt. Should be interesting, it's always fun when playoff teams hate each other.

I'm a Yankee fan myself... we're presently in the middle of our rivalry at the moment. Not too much in the way of fireworks this year though. I blame the World Baseball Classic... too many of these guys played on the same team! Jeter and Pedroia are always joking around and Cano and Ortiz are like best friends practically.
Darnit... I want someone to hit someone else!

Heh... not really, but you know what I mean.

Gaelbert
2011-08-06, 07:35 PM
I'm a Dodger fan myself. The Dodgers are going to come out of this bankruptcy mess and perform like the team their revenue should mean, and then the Giants hot streak is going to end and things are going to get back to normal. The Giants won't be able to compete with the Phillies for long enough for a rivalry to form, certainly not long enough for it to replace the fabled Dodgers/Giants rivalry.