PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: The Revolution Will Be Televised

Krursk
2011-08-06, 06:26 AM
It has been one year since an absoluted newcomer named Red emerged from tiny Pallet Town to dominate the Pokemon League. In his wake, the Pokemon League has made huge reforms, hoping to never again be humiliated in such a quick and devastating manner and while the individual Gym Leaders have stayed much the same, it is clear to even the most casual observer that the eighth leader, Giovanni, has much more control over his seven comrades.

You have all variously made your way to Viridian, now unquestionably the capital of Kanto, and have all noticed the crowd gathering around the Gym. Two notices are up, where usually there is one. The first is to be expected - Giovanni is not present in his Gym, as he is busy administrating the Pokemon league. The second declares the appointment of Sakaki, the famed Cerulean Rocket Recruiter as the head of the Pokemon Rangers. The majority of the crowd is clearly unhappy with the appointment.

Viridian has yet to become as large as Celadon, but has still become a large town. The Pokemon Center is located to the south of town, close to the Pokemon Mart, which has an inexplicable lack of supplies, given that the eighth Gym has been here for a significant amount of time. There is a flourishing Pokemon Academy, as well as a train station to the northwest, where once stood a thick copse of trees. To the south is Route 1, to the north is Route 2 and to the west is Route 22, gateway to the Pokemon League.

Rick, Terra, Casio, Denari, Miranda, Chris! Your very own Pokemon legends are about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits! Let's Go!

Tsumeken
2011-08-06, 07:04 AM
Chris Valentine

Chris stood amongst the crowd trying to get a closer look as she moved through the populous "Excuse me..excuse me.. excuse me. this went on for a bit as she pushed her way through to the front and read the signs.

She made her way to the pokemart afterwards musing over what she had read. She reached back holding her pokeball up to her face as she talked a bit. "Don't know about you crush but it sounds like there's some interesting things going on huh?" She was never sure if the pokemon could hear while they were in the pokeballs but imagined that Crush agreed with her. "Thanks Crush, you always do cheer me up with our talks. Now lets see about getting you some friends."

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-06, 07:06 AM
So, Team Rocket and Giovanni are now in control of the League. Casio thinks, communicating silently with Ozy, his Abra companion. It seems there is work to be done, but first, we must gain power and influence.

He observed his new allies, young trainers like him gathered together to begin the revolution. One, Rick Rillion, had earned a reputation as a ruthless Pokemon Ranger, but he seemed to still be loyal to the duties of the post, and hadn't joined Team Rocket. Otherwise, they were all comfortably obscure and off the radar. Perfect.

"Greetings, my friend. I'm glad you could join me on such short notice. Together, we can achieve what The Champion failed to do, but first, we need to find a safe place to talk."

OOC: Just assume we ran through our OOC discussions before we start talking specifically, so we can continue that train of though... viva la poke-revolution!

Tsumeken
2011-08-06, 08:10 AM
Chris Valentine

After buying some supplies Chris decided that the best place to search for some new friends for Crush would most likely be north towards route two which also happened to be on route to the first gym badge according to Kanto's leader progression. Her studies had paid off at least that much as she decided a bit of leveling first would help them out alot. "Okay Crush, lets start off strong and keep it going!"

Items purchased
5x Potions, 4x Pokeballs, 4x Antidotes for a total of 2700 zeni. Sheet to be edited to reflect this.

Actions
Chris will be actively searching for pokemon now and will try to spot them before they spot her if possible.

Arcran
2011-08-06, 09:18 AM
Rick stood leaning against a wall, calmly sizing up the Pokemon of the other trainers. None looked beaten or underfed so Rick decided he could trust this group.
Of the group Rick only knew Casio well. Even though Rick didn't fully trust anybody with psychic powers, Rick trusted him with his life. For two years they had traveled off and on until they found this small group.
Seeing the sign Rick was filled with revulsion. "Sakaki head Ranger? Now how the hell did that happen?" Rick had never know Sakaki personally, but if the rumors were true then Sakaki was not the man leading his noble team.
Rick felt a small tug on his leg and saw Burnard sitting patiently.
"Sorry buddy I was thinking. You ready to go meet the new trainers? I heard one has a Eevee."
At the sound of Eevee Burnard let out a low growl. Ever since the incident with the fishing pole Burnard had grown to hate all Eevees.
Rick just laughed and started walking towards the new trainers, adjusting the bow on his back to be more comfortable.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-06, 01:43 PM
Terra walks around getting a good look at the town with mizumi following her. (she was always suspicious of poke-balls and used them only when absolutely necessary.) she had arrived late the night before and had spent the night with her third cousin, and was heading out to start her studies in veridian forest.

Come now Mizumi lets see what is to be found in the wild
and they head north.

Maryring
2011-08-06, 01:59 PM
Denari Strongarm Perdot

Denari and Treble noticed the poster long before most as part of their morning jog, but neither paid much attention to it. Far more important to them was keeping up with their training regime, and the two were now in the process of a friendly spar which, as usual, left Denari the winner.

"Oh don't be so down little brother." Denari says playfully as he punches Treble's shoulder. "You're getting better. You're just not, ah, good enough." Denari chuckles playfully as the Machop playfully pounces him and hugs him. "Heheh. Now c'mon. We should look for someone to travel with. Travelling with just you and me will quickly get boring, no?"

piemaster
2011-08-06, 05:21 PM
Miranda exited the pokemart with a sigh, she knew she was leaving the store with more than a modest hunk of equipment but she still felt as if she was left out to dry. Granted she was well aware that this wasn’t going to be an easy trip but she still felt rather naked going this far from home with only the bare necessities and a fancy tool kit.
Miranda turned to Mag who was presently floating over her shoulder "Guess I'm not used to this "tight budget" stuff yet." Mag simply affixed it's eye on her for a second before once again gazing forward, that was what she liked about talking to Mag he/she/it wasn’t the most comforting creature ever but it also never bothered her with a response.
With that off her chest Miranda turned her attention back to route two, she could worry about buyers regret some other time for now it was time to focus on making both her purchase and the entire trip in general work for her.

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 04:45 AM
"Evidently the man has 'friends' in the right places. It's all linked, one way or another. Still, there's something I forgot to mention last time we talked."

"I have a friend I said we would meet to the north of the city. Her name's Terra, she's a trainer and researcher from Johto who might be willing to help us. I should probably warn you her pokemon is an Eevee... Casio glances at the Growlithe at Rick's ankle, remembering the events of that dark day. "Do you think that's going to be a problem for Burnard? I'm not sure if eating someone's pokemon is a good way to start a relationship, or so I've heard."

Arcran
2011-08-07, 10:11 AM
Damn. I'll keep Burnard close and recall him if he tries anything. Johto." Rick looked like he was thinking. Rockets' presence isn't nearly as strong over there. And they have Sneasel over there...." A quick grin crossed Rick's face. He had always loved Sneasels with their big claws, blinding speed, and impressive stealth. "I'll meet her with you, but afterwards I'm going into Viridian Forest. I heard that rumors that there might be a rare bug-elecf
tric type called Joltik. It might just be a big Spinarak but I would like to try to catch it."

"Give me one minute Casio, theres somebody I want to go talk to. It'll take five minutes tops."

Rick began quickly running over to another trainer who had just easily beet his Machop in a sparring match.

"Hi, my names Rick. If I'm right and you're a Pokemon trainer, would you like to travel North with us? Were heading towards Viridian Forest. Whatcha think? Theres some rare Pokemon like Pikachu in there." Rick extends his hand for a handshake.

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 10:44 AM
Damn. I'll keep Burnard close and recall him if he tries anything. Johto." Rick looked like he was thinking.

"That might be for the best. Hopefully he'll get used to Mizumi over time."

Rockets' presence isn't nearly as strong over there. And they have Sneasel over there...." A quick grin crossed Rick's face. He had always loved Sneasels with their big claws, blinding speed, and impressive stealth.

"That's a good point. Rocket is weaker in Johto, but we can discuss that once we've found Terra.

"I'll meet her with you, but afterwards I'm going into Viridian Forest. I heard that rumors that there might be a rare bug-electric type called Joltik. It might just be a big Spinarak but I would like to try to catch it."

"Viridian Forest is to the north anyway, unless there's anything else you'd like to do here, we could just carry on to Pewter."

"Give me one minute Casio, theres somebody I want to go talk to. It'll take five minutes tops."

"If you'd like, we're in no great rush." Casio smiled, looking over his shoulder to see a martial artist attacking his Machop. "If you'd like a pokemon battle, maybe we could arrange a double-match with some trainers in the Forest?"

Maryring
2011-08-07, 12:03 PM
Denari Strongarm Perdot

"Hmm?" The martial artist glances towards Rick before he turns back to his Machop. The two bow respectfully to one another, before the Machop walks up to his trainer, and the two turn towards Rick together. "A good day to yourself Rick. My name is Denari, and this is my little" The Machop elbows Denari quickly as he mentions little, though Denari doesn't visibly flinch "brother, called Treble."

Denari takes a glance over Rick before he turns to watch the forest. "Well, me and Treble were debating if we should travel north towards Pewter, or go through Pallet and try to swim to Cinnabar island. What say you Treble? Shall we go north? I think we'll get back home to Saffron faster that way." The Machop eyes Denari for a few moment before he gives a shrug. "Right right. Okay. Me and Treble will travel northwards with you, Ranger Rick."

Arcran
2011-08-07, 12:23 PM
"Thanks Denari. This is my friend Casio.". Rick points towards Casio and makes the crazy motion.
"I'm just kidding he's fairly sane. Whenver your ready meet us just North of here. Come on Burnard, I'll race you!
Burnard ran and, as always, easily outpaced Rick and was sitting on the ground, tail wagging.
"You win again little buddy.". Rick let out a small laugh and began looking for a treat in his bag. After he found one he fed it to Burnard. Seeing a stick on the ground Rick began playing catch with Burnard, waiting for the others to arrive.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 12:27 PM
as they head north Terra fancies she sees Casio, but is distracted by a Pidgey. commonly an invasive species but native to the Kanto she was hoping to see one in its natural environment.
following it north she soon realizes that she is alone in the middle of nowhere in a country she can barely remember.

Peachy she murmurs aloud

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 01:33 PM
she looks around trying to get her bearings.
Cursesshe thinks out loudif only i had remembered my compass.
and than starts walking in a direction she falsely believes is south

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 01:39 PM
"Thanks Denari. This is my friend Casio.". Rick points towards Casio and makes the crazy motion.
"I'm just kidding he's fairly sane. Whenver your ready meet us just North of here. Come on Burnard, I'll race you!
Burnard ran and, as always, easily outpaced Rick and was sitting on the ground, tail wagging.

Casio sighed, returning Ozy to his pokeball. An Abra needed to get plenty of rest while it developed, and he'd probably have to battle today... no point tiring him out pointlessly. We're going to meet up with Rick and Terra north of the city. I'll wake you when we get there. With that, he strode after his ranger companion. He was always the fitness freak of the pair.

"You win again little buddy.". Rick let out a small laugh and began looking for a treat in his bag. After he found one he fed it to Burnard. Seeing a stick on the ground Rick began playing catch with Burnard, waiting for the others to arrive.

"Did you really have to run off like that? You didn't even introduce me to your friend, either..." Casio frowns, a little unsettled after temporarily losing Rick in the crowd. ""Still, we shouldn't leave Terra waiting longer than we have to. Remember not to attack the Eevee, Burnard. Rick will get the monster that did it one day, but it wasn't Terra's Eevee, she's been in Johto for the last few years."

as they head north Terra fancies she sees Casio, but is distracted by a Pidgey. commonly an invasive species but native to the Kanto she was hoping to see one in its natural environment.
following it north she soon realizes that she is alone in the middle of nowhere in a country she can barely remember.

Peachy she murmurs aloud

"Terra, over here!" Casio calls out, spotting Terra out in the countryside outside the city boundry. "It's good to see you again, how have you been? Excited you can finally start your career as a trainer?" He asks, releasing Ozy from his pokeball so he could meet their potential travelling companions. Teleport the Eevee out of the way if Burnard attacks it please, I don't want them to hurt each other...

Arcran
2011-08-07, 01:47 PM
"I did introduce you..... Sorry I ran off gotta keep the little guys speed up. So this is the scientist." Rick gave a snort of disgust. He had little patience for those who can't handle themselves in the wild.
"We should wait for Denari, then we can head out."

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 01:50 PM
Rick gave a snort of disgust. He had little patience for those who can handle themselves in the wild.

"I should explain Rick secretly hates himself for not being as classy as I am, leading him to resent his own skill set. It's very sad really."

[Typo Alert!]

Arcran
2011-08-07, 01:56 PM
"And I would like to apologize for Casio, since he is jealous of my looks and the fact that he is completly helpless in the wild without me." Rick playfully punched Casio on the shoulder at the end.

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 02:08 PM
"Observe his rapier wit in action! Still, I'm sure we'll be much safer under his protection. Then we only need to worry about Rick hitting us..." Casio snarks back, rubbing his arm, but smiling.

"And, where were we? Ah yes, that was it. Rick, this is Terra, the researcher from Johto I told you about. She's an old friend of mine. Terra, this is Rick, a Ranger I've been travelling with. I haven't met Denari yet, I'm afraid."

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 02:14 PM
"Terra, over here!"
Terra sees Casio approach from the direction that she realizes was the one she wanted to go(though it makes little difference now.) and waves at him before heading for them, Mizumi, always nerves about meeting new trainer poke-mon(she had never completely left behind her ally back ally instincts) followed cautiously near her master.

Hello Casio it has been quite a while

"It's good to see you again, how have you been? Excited you can finally start your career as a trainer?" He asks, releasing Ozy from his pokeball so he could meet their potential travelling companions.
seeing Ozy appear freaks out mizumi at first(who shares her masters idiosyncratic view of poke-balls) but is easily convinced by her master that Casio and Ozy are friends.
now is that any way to act to a new friend Mizu(a sort of "nicnicname")?
oh yes but first-[color]
[qoute][color='purple']Teleport the Eevee out of the way if Burnard attacks it please, I don't want them to hurt each other...[/QUOTE]
-I would like to see if i can find another poke-mon. I mean, i love mizu dearly but i have a feeling she will not do that spectacularly if the rumors of beedrill in the forest are true. also who is this Burnard? Terra asks her old friend.

Arcran
2011-08-07, 02:14 PM
"He said that he would be here after some jobs" Rick extends his hand to Terra. "My names Rick. I'm a Ranger and a friend of Casio's."
Rick heard Burnard start to growl and grabbed him before he could do anything.
"Sorry! He probably smells the Eevee all over you. He had a very bad experience with an Eevee".

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 02:19 PM
"Terra, over here!"
Terra sees Casio approach from the direction that she realizes was the one she wanted to go(though it makes little difference now.) and waves at him before heading for them, Mizumi, always nerves about meeting new trainer poke-mon(she had never completely left behind her ally back ally instincts) followed cautiously near her master.

"It's good to see you again, how have you been? Excited you can finally start your career as a trainer?" He asks, releasing Ozy from his pokeball so he could meet their potential travelling companions.
seeing Ozy appear freaks out mizumi at first(who shares her masters idiosyncratic view of poke-balls) but is easily convinced by her master that Casio and Ozy are friends.
oh yes but first-

Teleport the Eevee out of the way if Burnard attacks it please, I don't want them to hurt each other...
-I would like to see if i can find another poke-mon. I mean, i love mizu dearly but i have a feeling she will not do that spectacularly if the rumors of beedrill in the forest are true. also who is this Burnard? Terra asks her old friend.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 02:33 PM
"I did introduce you..... Sorry I ran off gotta keep the little guys speed up. So this is the scientist." Rick gave a snort of disgust. He had little patience for those who can't handle themselves in the wild.
"We should wait for Denari, then we can head out."

ah so you are the rangerTerra said acting as if she had not noticed the arrogance in the rangers voice. as she spoke she wore a fake smile, her eyes almost closed in attempt to look civil. she was not good at looking civil. this was not an actual disrespect, she had a high respect for rangers in general, she was just bad at looking it.
you train with your pokemon than? fastening. I bet he is in Great shape

Arcran
2011-08-07, 02:39 PM
"That he is. He's smart too, much smarter theb most of his kind. So you're from Johto. There's a lot of interesting Pokemon over there. Why'd you decide to come back over?"

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 02:45 PM
"That he is. He's smart too, much smarter theb most of his kind. So you're from Johto. There's a lot of interesting Pokemon over there. Why'd you decide to come back over?"
it is was i was bornshe said shrugging her shoulders
also fire poke-mon are more scarce over there recently and they are important to my research

Arcran
2011-08-07, 02:52 PM
"Well you could probably look Burnard over as long as you promise it's painless. You'd owe him some steak, but that's all. Any Pokemon your looking for specifically? I have a pretty good idea where you can find most."

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 02:57 PM
well a charmand is what i would really like but know knowing growlithes finer details would certainly be useful

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 03:01 PM

"That it has, but from the looks of things everything turned out well enough. Have you decided where you want to take your career next? Or don't you have anything in particular in mind?"

Casio remembered the particular views of Mizumi and her mistress on pokeballs, and waves his hands placatingly. "Ozy is only with me of his own free will. He travels in the pokeball so he can get some sleep while travelling. As an Abra he needs a lot of rest, and he would tire quickly if he had to walk outside the pokeball, you see."

oh yes but first-[color]

[COLOR=Gold]-I would like to see if i can find another poke-mon. I mean, i love mizu dearly but i have a feeling she will not do that spectacularly if the rumors of beedrill in the forest are true. also who is this Burnard? Terra asks her old friend.

"Well there's no shortage in the area. I don't know what we'll find here, but I don't see the harm. Do you have any ideas Rick? I should try to find some more pokemon for my team as well, Ozy won't be able to fight everything on his own."

"He said that he would be here after some jobs"

"I suppose we should wait for him before we go off to look for pokemon. You didn't get his phone number, did you?"

Arcran
2011-08-07, 03:05 PM
"No, I didn't get his number. You guys go on ahead, I'll easily catch up."

Maryring
2011-08-07, 03:12 PM
Denari

Denari and Treble saunters over, both carrying heavy-looking backpacks. Treble eyes the group with some suspicion and stays behind Denari. Denari himself gives the other two in the group a quick, curt nod. "Quite a group you've gathered for yourself already Ranger. I thought Rangers usually worked alone?"

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 03:14 PM
"No, I didn't get his number. You guys go on ahead, I'll easily catch up."

"We'll stay nearby, I'd like to meet this Denari. You know trainers as skilled as we are can't travel with just anyone! Casio said, knowing Rick would pick up on the meaning.

Using his telepathy he explained silently. I'll talk to Terra about our plan and see if she's interested, sound out Denari subtly if you can, but I'll scan his thoughts while you do. Please don't promise anything about traveling together until we know where he stands, although alibis are useful, a traveling companion with no knowledge of our goals could be dangerous.

"Are you ready to go, Terra? Mizuki? Ozy?"

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 03:23 PM
Denari

Denari and Treble saunters over, both carrying heavy-looking backpacks. Treble eyes the group with some suspicion and stays behind Denari. Denari himself gives the other two in the group a quick, curt nod. "Quite a group you've gathered for yourself already Ranger. I thought Rangers usually worked alone?"

Casio noticed the newcomer, sizing him up. A Martial Artist by the look of him. Could be useful.

Using his psychic powers to examine the surface thoughts of the trainer, Casio gretted him politely. Let's play Word Association. "Ah, you must be Denari. Rick said you'd meet us here, but we lost you in the crowd. I don't know why there was such a fuss to be honest, what's so special about that Sakaki guy anyway? Something about Team Rocket is it, Rick?"

Casio examines Denari's mindscape as he speaks, studying the thoughts which flicker across his mind as he hears each word.

Arcran
2011-08-07, 03:23 PM
"I usually work alone if its important, but I don't have a mission right now. Right now I'm just with some friends. You ready to head out?
"Part of the fuss was that Sakaki was the head Ranger. He's an arrigant piece of crap.

Maryring
2011-08-07, 03:50 PM
Denari

Denari gives a visible shrug. "I don't bother much about politics. Unless it's got to do with breeding or martial arts contests, I'm not likely to pay it much heed. Don't really know much about team rocket even, except that they were apparently trounced by some kid a year ago."

Arcran
2011-08-07, 04:34 PM
"Rocket treats Pokemon like **** and kill Rangers. That's all I need to know about them." Rick said with a deep scowl on his face.

Maryring
2011-08-07, 04:42 PM
Denari

Denari quirks an eyebrow and Treble growls visibly. "Eh what? Why would anyone kill rangers?"

Arcran
2011-08-07, 04:52 PM
"Well, everybody knows that a Rangers job is to protect Pokemon."
Everybody nods at this well known fact.
"Well, about 6 months ago we were asked to start investigsting Rocket. One Ranger got close to finding proof of what they did. Next day, two Magmars burned his house down. He died." Rick slowy shook his head. "Everytime somebody got close they died in a 'freak' Pokemon accident. Eventually we had to call if the investigation. Then the killings stopped. We have no proof but I know that Rocket was killing them."
Rick turned away, hit his leg so that Burmard would follow, and staryed walking for the woods.

Maryring
2011-08-07, 04:59 PM
Denari

Denari jogs up to Rick and walks beside him for a short while before he speaks. "I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to rip up in old memories."

Arcran
2011-08-07, 05:03 PM
Rick stops walking.
"Not your fault. You might as well know why I'm going to find the bastard who runs Rocket and put an arrow in his skull.

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 05:35 PM
Denari

Denari gives a visible shrug. "I don't bother much about politics. Unless it's got to do with breeding or martial arts contests, I'm not likely to pay it much heed. Don't really know much about team rocket even, except that they were apparently trounced by some kid a year ago."

Rick, why is he here? Casio asked psychically, detecting nothing notable from the Martial Artist.

Denari

Denari quirks an eyebrow and Treble growls visibly. "Eh what? Why would anyone kill rangers?"

"The same reason people kill anyone else, because they value something they gain as a result more than the consequences of the act."

"Well, everybody knows that a Rangers job is to protect Pokemon."
Everybody nods at this well known fact.
"Well, about 6 months ago we were asked to start investigsting Rocket. One Ranger got close to finding proof of what they did. Next day, two Magmars burned his house down. He died." Rick slowy shook his head. "Everytime somebody got close they died in a 'freak' Pokemon accident. Eventually we had to call if the investigation. Then the killings stopped. We have no proof but I know that Rocket was killing them."
Rick turned away, hit his leg so that Burmard would follow, and staryed walking for the woods.

"We should follow, Terra, phone reception is terrible in these woods. We should try to stay together."

Rick stops walking.
"Not your fault. You might as well know why I'm going to find the bastard who runs Rocket and put an arrow in his skull.

"No, Rick, you won't. You'll follow the plan like we agreed. There's no point in dying to kill one man while an entire system remains to perpetuate his crimes, it would be as much a betrayal to your fellow rangers as doing nothing. We need to gain power and prepare."

Casio turns to Denari. "Now, where do you stand? If you want to travel with us you need to be able to pull your weight and not get in the way. Are you able?"

Arcran
2011-08-07, 05:41 PM
We need somebody else physically skilled in this party Rick thought so Casio could pick up.

"Screw the plan Casio. Someday he will die and I will kill him.

Rick turned to look at Casio. "Don't push him to join us Casio, he just met us," Rick whispered at Casio.

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-07, 06:13 PM
We need somebody else physically skilled in this party Rick thought so Casio could pick up.

We could use someone certainly, but how do we know he'll amount to anything? If we had waited until we had some experience we could have recruited someone with known ability. Casio sent back without showing any facial expression. He'd support Rick's decision, but he'd make damn sure to explain exactly why it wasn't the best one to make in the situation. Still, if he treated his pokemon well there might be some hope for him... even if he might not be willing to join up.

"Screw the plan Casio. Someday he will die and I will kill him.

"The plan is the plan for a reason Rick, because when you weren't focused on your emotions you realised it was the best course. He'll die, but first we need to make sure he can't be replaced with someone even worse."

Rick turned to look at Casio. "Don't push him to join us Casio, he just met us," Rick whispered at Casio.

"Then why is he here? We could use the help, but how do you think he's going to respond to what we're doing? Terra is an old friend, you've just met this man! We can't afford to give people the sort of information you just gave him, or let them travel with us, on the strength of a first impression. He now knows what we look like, which pokemon we have, and that you at least are out to kill several members of Team Rocket. Are you going to give everyone we meet this sort of information?" Casio hissed back, sending images of a naked Nurse Joy into Denari's head to distract him.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 06:41 PM
Terra could not read Psychic signals. but she knew an argument when she saw one so she just followed at the back. smiling when she was not distracted by a sudden movement of noise of a retreating poke-mon. The Ratata sure are skittish around here, this must be an old city. hope find some decent specimens before to long. She thought.
she was not entirely against poke-balls[indeed she had 6 with her right now] but she thought of them more as a tent(or at the most a room) not a home)and resented those who would use them as a cell)

Arcran
2011-08-07, 08:08 PM
"I trust him. His Pokemon trusts him. Trust me on this Casio, I can read people. He doesn't like Rocket any more than the rest of us.

Tsumeken
2011-08-07, 09:20 PM
Chris continued her searching through the tall grass for any wild Pokemon to battle, slowly but surely making her way farther north towards the Viridian forest. She was to focused to even notice the people who had been talking on the route while she continued moving along.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 09:49 PM
so rick is a growlithes concievus incendiary(fire bladder) really entirely internal, or do they have an external oxidizer like most natural firestarters? Terra asked not let something like a psychic argument get in the way of curiosity
or has it not come in yet?

Arcran
2011-08-07, 10:15 PM
"Burnard hasn't been able to make a fire yet, but not from a lack of trying. He does have two small growths under his tongue though and his saliva smells a little like gasoline. My best guess is that it's all internal and he propels large amounts of saliva and those two growths somehow ignite it."
Rick acted like he was genuinely interested because he was. How Pokemon do the nature-defying things they do had always fascinated him.
"Of course I'm no scientist, but I'm fairly sure that's how he'll do it. Once he learns Ember or something I can be positive. Is that how most fire-types do it?

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 10:41 PM
something like that. but most have external oxidizers, usually marked by an eternal flame tuft like charmanders tail, or at least a mark like the spots on a cindaquils back, and even they light when in use,

Arcran
2011-08-07, 10:48 PM
"Interesting. You could check it out if you like. Burnard! Come here boy! Open your mouth and let the nice scientist check out your mouth." Burnard instantly dashed over, sat down, and opened his mouth.
"So how does it work for non-fire types that are able to breathe fire?

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 11:14 PM
that depends on the source of the power, she said as she inspected the creatures strong smelling mouth
some moves like "Fire Punch" or "Fire Fang" only simulate fire and do not require concievus incendiary, a tm that teaches Ember, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel or Flamethrower will cause a compatible poke-mon to grow a concievus incendiary, also dragons do not seem to need one for fire techniques

Arcran
2011-08-07, 11:18 PM
"That's fascinating. OK, last question, I promise. How do water Pokemon shoot water? Do they have a gland that just rapidly creates it or what?"

ReivaxTL
2011-08-07, 11:44 PM
that is something that has baffled scientists sense the discovery of the law of conservation of mass. there is a gland that seems to be associated with it but how it works... I just can not tell you. she said all of this without any of the embarrassment that researchers usually get when forced to say "I do not know".

Arcran
2011-08-07, 11:48 PM
And then you get Psychic and Dark things that run the laws of physics over with a Golem and throw them out the window. Rick gives a small chuckle at the end.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-08, 12:12 AM
there is such a thing as "Pocket Monster Physiques" but it does not make much sense she said smiling

Arcran
2011-08-08, 12:16 AM
Well, if we do plan on entering the forest we should do it soon. We don't want to be in there at night.

Once we enter the forest we'll need Krusk to make us an encounter.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-08, 12:26 AM
Brilliant! i was about to say the same thing.^_^

Arcran
2011-08-08, 12:32 AM
"Anything specific you'll be looking for? I've heard rumors of a Joltik in there that I would like, but they may just be that, rumors.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-08, 12:42 AM
anything above a caterpie is good for now

Arcran
2011-08-08, 12:43 AM
"Haha that's good because there probably not be much in there!

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-08, 08:11 AM
"I trust him. His Pokemon trusts him. Trust me on this Casio, I can read people. He doesn't like Rocket any more than the rest of us.

"You've never displayed any great skills in that regard up til now. I'll take your word this once, but if you keep acting so impulsively we'll get into trouble."

And then you get Psychic and Dark things that run the laws of physics over with a Golem and throw them out the window. Rick gives a small chuckle at the end.

"If the laws of physics can be broken, then surely they aren't the laws of physics? Until we can develop a view of the universe which accounts for every phenomenon we encounter, then the 'Laws' of physics are guidelines at most."

Arcran
2011-08-08, 10:17 AM
"If the laws of physics can be broken, then surely they aren't the laws of physics? Until we can develop a view of the universe which accounts for every phenomenon we encounter, then the 'Laws' of physics are guidelines at most."
"Ah but the Guidelines of Physics doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?"

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-08, 10:46 AM
"Ah but the Guidelines of Physics doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?"

"Reality doesn't have to sound right, it just have to be right. The bad guys getting back up and dusting themselves off after they've been defeated by the hero doesn't sound right, but that's what happened."

Arcran
2011-08-08, 11:15 AM
"Too true. Well it's too late to head into the woods now, either we can camp here or spend the night at the PokeCenter, your choice."

ReivaxTL
2011-08-08, 12:28 PM
we could go to town i have yet to check out the mart. she said
they may have TMs.

Arcran
2011-08-08, 12:46 PM
"The twon sounds good. What do you say Casio?"

For Krursk
Do Pokecenters charge to stay at and/or heal or is it free like the games?

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-08, 02:31 PM
"The day's still young, we can get part of the way to Pewter before the sun sets. There's no reason to stick around Viridian if their Gym Leader is away, and it would be good for us to get into the habit of not dallying".

Arcran
2011-08-08, 02:35 PM
"You're the boss."
Rick turns around, adjusts the bow on his back and walks towards the woods, Burnard trotting at his heels. About ten steps away Rick turned around.
"You coming?" he inquired.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-08, 02:35 PM
"The day's still young, we can get part of the way to Pewter before the sun sets. There's no reason to stick around Viridian if their Gym Leader is away, and it would be good for us to get into the habit of not dallying".
he has a point, though i would have liked to se the TM selection. *sighs* and follows.

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-08, 02:59 PM
"You're the boss."
Rick turns around, adjusts the bow on his back and walks towards the woods, Burnard trotting at his heels. About ten steps away Rick turned around.
"You coming?" he inquired.

"Do I detect sarcasm, soldier?" Casio asks with a smile.

he has a point, though i would have liked to se the TM selection. *sighs* and follows.

"There's not very much in the Viridian pokemart, Rocket probably requisitioned it all, or doesn't want anyone else having easy access to superior supplies, perhaps. Besides, do even have that amount of money after buying all your trainer gear?"

Arcran
2011-08-08, 03:02 PM
"No sir!" Rick shouted as he threw out a mock salute.
Rick walks, leading the group into Viridian Forest.

Now we wait for bad guys to catch.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-08, 03:14 PM
True... ^_^

Arcran
2011-08-08, 07:27 PM
"Wait right here guys, I'll be back."
Rick runs back to Treble and scans him with his Pokedex. He then runs back to the group and scans Ozy and Mizumi.
"Damn, it's hard to remember to do that. Now I'm ready to go."

ReivaxTL
2011-08-08, 07:43 PM
"Wait right here guys, I'll be back."
Rick runs back to Treble and scans him with his Pokedex. He then runs back to the group and scans Ozy and Mizumi.
"Damn, it's hard to remember to do that. Now I'm ready to go."

while Rick is doing that, Terra scans the other poke mon as well.
I have to get more used to this. she thinks out loud.

Arcran
2011-08-08, 07:44 PM
"Hey I just said that! Rick laughs as he says.

Tsumeken
2011-08-09, 02:22 PM
Having no luck so far in her search Chris began to sit and sigh. "Man who knew being a pokemon trainer was such hard work." it was then she noticed the group of trainers walking together, they also seemed headed for Pewter City, at least she assume as much. "What do you think Crush, if we can't find any wilds a Trainer will do right?" She smiled and stood brushing herself off before walking towards the group.

Arcran
2011-08-09, 02:28 PM
Rick heard a stick snap behind him and in a flash his bow was drawn and pointed at the source. Seeing it was only a trainer he lowered his bow.
"False alarm guys, just a trainer. You are?" Rick asked.

Tsumeken
2011-08-09, 02:34 PM
"Ahh!" Chris threw up her arms in a mock defense since it would do no good anyways before lowering them as she saw that she wouldn't be harmed. "Geez you sure are on edge, you could really hurt someone with that thing you know!" She regained her composure taking a breath before replying. "My name is Chris Valentine, I'm a trainer on my way to Pewter City so i can win my way to the leauge." She remembered now her real reason for approaching these people was for a battle, though right now she wasn't to confidant about it from the intial greeting.

Arcran
2011-08-09, 02:38 PM
"Sorry about that. I'm Rick and these are Casio, Terra, and Denari. Were on our way to Pewter City. If you want to travel with us through the forest, you can.

Tsumeken
2011-08-09, 02:50 PM
She nodded smiling, maybe they weren't so bad afterall. "I kinda had a differant reason for coming up here though." She held out her pokeball. 'I was actually looking for a match if anyones up for it, me and Crush were getting kinda bored looking for wilds."

Arcran
2011-08-09, 02:54 PM
A small smile crosses Rick's face.
"I would love to, but not now. I don't want to weaken our Pokemon while still in the wilds. Viridian Forest isn't as tame as it used to be. Tell you what, if we make it through the forest I will battle you when we reach Pewter City, deal?"

Tsumeken
2011-08-09, 03:00 PM
"Deal, though if it is as wild as you say it is maybe the Pokemon Center in pewter first before the showdown." She replaced her pokeball at her said as she joined the group.

Arcran
2011-08-09, 03:04 PM
"You may want to put him out. If were attacked you'll need every second. You have any useful skills for us?"

And now we wait for the evil bad guys.
Perception check to see them first: [roll0]

Tsumeken
2011-08-09, 03:24 PM
Chris blinked a few times wondering what could be in here that was so terrifying that she'd need her pokemon at the ready so quickly. perhaps they were hunting a dangerous pokemon, perhaps it even attacked trainers.... perhaps she could catch it.

As the lst thought crossed her mind she nodded pulling her ball back out and clicking it to open as the small crab that was Crush emerged making a odd sound. It sounded somewhere between a gargle and a clicking but he seemed confused as well looking back at Chris.

"These guys say there's something dangerous around here so we gotta be ready Crush okay?' It clicked it's pincers signalling it was ready as she picked him up to carry him. Crush was strong but not very fast so he wouldn't be able to keep up with the group if is moved quickly.

"What do you mean by skills though? I just started so I'm kinda new to all this."

Arcran
2011-08-09, 03:29 PM
"I've heard rumors of a Joltik nest. They're nasty buggers. And by skills I mean like anything helpful other than commanding Pokemon."

Tsumeken
2011-08-09, 03:38 PM
"Joltik?" Chris had never heard of that kind of creature before (not leaving Kanto does that to you) and thought about this whole skills thing. "Unfortunatly Crush really is all I have, I didn't really think I'd need much else and that I could learn along the way." She wished now that she had payed more attention to her father's lessons in the dojo then her obbsessions with pokemon.

Arcran
2011-08-09, 04:03 PM
"It's an electric spider, lives on electricity. I want one."
Rick quickly scanned Crush as well.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-09, 05:12 PM
as she nods at the new comer, she also scans Crush

Arcran
2011-08-09, 09:29 PM
"Crush is a water type? I may as well give you the win Chris! Rick gives a small chuckle and pets Burnards head. "Burnard may be good but I'm not sure he can win at that disadvantage."

Don't forget the 20 on the perception check to see enemies!

ReivaxTL
2011-08-09, 11:23 PM
I would be willing to battle you.

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-10, 05:04 PM
"Ahh!" Chris threw up her arms in a mock defense since it would do no good anyways before lowering them as she saw that she wouldn't be harmed. "Geez you sure are on edge, you could really hurt someone with that thing you know!" She regained her composure taking a breath before replying. "My name is Chris Valentine, I'm a trainer on my way to Pewter City so i can win my way to the leauge." She remembered now her real reason for approaching these people was for a battle, though right now she wasn't to confidant about it from the intial greeting.

"Another trainer? Well, I wish you good luck with your journey, but unfortunately we're on a schedule, so we can't stay to chat."

"Sorry about that. I'm Rick and these are Casio, Terra, and Denari. Were on our way to Pewter City. If you want to travel with us through the forest, you can.

STOP DOING THAT! Casio's voice thundered inside Rick's, admittedly cavernous, skull. We don't need or want a bunch of random children following us about. Unless... you aren't going to use them as cannon fodder are you? This isn't some sort of test? You are going to test them aren't you? After all the horror you put me through?

I would be willing to battle you.

"Really? Well, go ahead girls. I'll watch your pokemon while you do so." He hated himself, he really did, but he reached into his pack and threw Rick a bag of microwave popcorn. "Have Burnard cook this, would you? I'll share."

Arcran
2011-08-10, 05:42 PM
"Burnard, you know the drill." Rick said as he tossed the bag to Burnard. Burmard wrapped his body around the popcorn and within seconds it began popping.
Casio I have no plans to keep the new trainer around. We will take her to Pewter then leave her. Denari on the other hand, I plan to test and then bring him to our cause. Rick thought, allowing his thoughts to flow to the surface so Casio could read them.
Burnard ran over with the popcorn just a few seconds later, quite pleased with himself.
Good boy! said Rick, patting Burnard on the head. "Here Casio, catch." Rick said as he tossed the popcorn to Casio.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-10, 06:04 PM
"Really? Well, go ahead girls. I'll watch your pokemon while you do so." He hated himself, he really did, but he reached into his pack and threw Rick a bag of microwave popcorn. "Have Burnard cook this, would you? I'll share."

She gave him a look that could kill some of the weaker psychic poke-mon.

i thought you were good at telling what people are thinking? Maybe you need your head checked out. Surgically. In your sleep.

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-10, 06:49 PM
"Burnard, you know the drill." Rick said as he tossed the bag to Burnard. Burmard wrapped his body around the popcorn and within seconds it began popping.
Casio I have no plans to keep the new trainer around. We will take her to Pewter then leave her. Denari on the other hand, I plan to test and then bring him to our cause. Rick thought, allowing his thoughts to flow to the surface so Casio could read them.
Burnard ran over with the popcorn just a few seconds later, quite pleased with himself.
Good boy! said Rick, patting Burnard on the head. "Here Casio, catch." Rick said as he tossed the popcorn to Casio.

Casio held the bag telekinetically, eating his popcorn without having to use his hands. He offered the bag to Ozy, Rick, Denari, the machop, and Burnard in turn. Presumably the girls' pokemon would be too busy watching their humans battle.

Let's see how she handles herself first, if we're picking up lone trainers we may as well pick one with drive, rather than... whatever that fighter is.

She gave him a look that could kill some of the weaker psychic poke-mon.

i thought you were good at telling what people are thinking? Maybe you need your head checked out. Surgically. In your sleep.

"Then wouldn't you be better asking if your pokemon would like to spar, than declaring you're going to fight each other?"

Reivax used 'Scary Face', Stereo used Laugh Out Loud. Stereo's Scathing Attack stat rises sharply!

Arcran
2011-08-10, 06:53 PM
Rick took a small handful of popcorn and chuckled at Casio's antics, fully expecting him to be slapped soon.
"Good thing we don't battle anymore, aye Casio? We wouldn't want Ozy gettong hurt." Rick finished with a small wink.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-10, 08:27 PM
"Then wouldn't you be better asking if your pokemon would like to spar, than declaring you're going to fight each other?"

the look changed into a fake smile(the one she[and most other mad scientists] used to war people that her revenge was not far off) and she said; It is so sad when a poke-mon and there trainer have been together so long, and yet they still do do not understand how true friends can think as one. Is that not right Mizu? she said turning to her poke-mon, the dark colored eevee smiled and nodded.

Arcran
2011-08-10, 08:50 PM
"Ah but can your Eevee make popcorn? That is the real question here." Rick said while smirking.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-10, 09:13 PM
not yet. she said with a dramatic point. But a flareon, and a jolteon can. and glaceon, and vaporeon can make ice cream!

Arcran
2011-08-10, 09:16 PM
"I think that Burnard could beat Mzu in a battle!

piemaster
2011-08-10, 09:57 PM
sorry bout that.

Arcran
2011-08-10, 09:59 PM
This is the IC thread. That should go in OOC.

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-11, 05:34 AM
not yet. she said with a dramatic point. But a flareon, and a jolteon can. and glaceon, and vaporeon can make ice cream!

"But a psychic type can mind-control a popcorn seller or an ice-cream maker, and I get to have both. I pity you, having to choose like that... no wonder you follow me around."

Tsumeken
2011-08-11, 06:59 AM
Maybe she was right at first, these poeple were kinda crazy. Popcorn, ice cream, and that other boy seemed very rude to say the least. "Who are you to think you're so tough huh?! You're just a new trainer too, it's not like you've already beaten any of the gyms or anything for that matter!" She picked up Crush cradling him a bit as she began moving forward. "You wanna be a jerk fine, have fun wandering around in the forest I hope a Beedrill gets you."

Mr Stereo1
2011-08-11, 07:09 AM
Maybe she was right at first, these poeple were kinda crazy. Popcorn, ice cream, and that other boy seemed very rude to say the least. "Who are you to think you're so tough huh?! You're just a new trainer too, it's not like you've already beaten any of the gyms or anything for that matter!" She picked up Crush cradling him a bit as she began moving forward. "You wanna be a jerk fine, have fun wandering around in the forest I hope a Beedrill gets you."

"Now, now. We just happen to have a different lexicon to most trainers. Neither Rick or I believe it's an integral right of a trainer to force any pokemon they can defeat and capture to fight for them without the pokemon's permission. Sadly a lot of trainers have an entitlement complex, so this view isn't very widespread, and we often joke about it. It's nothing personal. We said you could travel with us to Pewter, and that offer still stands."

He drops the popcorn onto his hand, and offers her the bag. "There's plenty more where this came from."

Arcran
2011-08-11, 07:54 AM

"A Beedrill? Get me!?! Not likely.

Rick thought blasted on the surface of his mind. Stop offering our food to other trainers!

Tsumeken
2011-08-11, 02:43 PM
She merely pushed the bag away, "You're right we don't have a right to enslave and force others to do things for us, but I'm not one of those people. Crush wants to get stronger just like I do so we can show what we're made of. Trainers battle and learn and grow, that's what it means to travel with pokemon in the first place." She looked around, true Pewter was still a ways off, it would most likely be perilous to travel alone. She stayed put waiting for the group, she'd travel with them but it didn't mean she had to like them.

ReivaxTL
2011-08-24, 05:19 PM
I am sorry if my cohorts are a bit rude. They are a bit crazy the last part was whispered